Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP Football 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    I know Kolbe has size and intangibles BUT what the heck has he ever done???
    Well, as freshman at Edinboro he was 2nd on the team in receptions with 38:

https://static.gofightingscots.com/c...e.htm#TEAM.IND

So, I guess this makes his "upside" more promising.

2. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post

That was in 2014. Remember 2014? I do think continuity counts for a lot of players. Some players have the ability to overcome the stops and starts but many don't reach their potential. I hope he is a valuable contributor and, I agree, the team is better with him than without him.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    That was in 2014. Remember 2014? I do think continuity counts for a lot of players. Some players have the ability to overcome the stops and starts but many don't reach their potential. I hope he is a valuable contributor and, I agree, the team is better with him than without him.
    VERY good point GroundHog.

Well, I am sure IUP scanning the portal as we speak, looking for possible players. We shall see what happen come the Fall.

Dude, that was like 10 years ago, calm down he is not needed on the 2019 squad trust me...

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    Dude, that was like 10 years ago, calm down he is not needed on the 2019 squad trust me...
    I am very calm. I just stated why some believe he could be an asset to the team....whether its over 4 years or like 10 years ago. As I stated, we shall see when Fall rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    Agree, don't see him being a big factor on or off the field IF he even is on the roster come August. Not sure where the legend of his leadership abilities came from either, there were some things that happened during the season he was on the roster that never made it out of Memorial or N. 8th St that could have derailed that team a lot sooner than West FL did so no he did not keep the "knuckleheads in line" as some have suggested. Winning kept them ‘in line’ more than anything else... jus sayin
    Last edited by BallHawkin; 05-20-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Agree, don't see him being a big factor on or off the field IF he even is on the roster come August. Not sure where the legend of his leadership abilities came from either, there were some things that happened during the season he was on the roster that never made it out of Memorial or N. 8th St that could have derailed that team a lot sooner than West FL did so no he did not keep the "knuckleheads in line" as some have suggested. Winning kept them ‘in line’ more than anything else... jus sayin

I must have fell asleep last season and missed out on all the great WRs that were on the roster. They need all the help they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I must have fell asleep last season and missed out on all the great WRs that were on the roster. They need all the help they can get.
    I’m all for help in the passing game. Just not giving Kolbe as much props as some others that’s all. We all know where the problems with the passing game were last year. Some guys were ineligible, some guys were hurt, and some guys including the QB didn’t play very well. A lot of the stuff on the sideline was a product of losing (not from the absence of Kolbe) If the D stops a 4th and 7 and a first and goal from the 5 doesn’t go for a 105 yard pick six most of those sideline problems aren’t as magnified. Jus sayin
    Last edited by BallHawkin; 05-20-2019 at 11:18 AM.

I talked with Paul Tortorella today. He said Kolbe Hughes is not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    I talked with Paul Tortorella today. He said Kolbe Hughes is not coming back.
    Appreciate the update. So that rumor is officially dead.

FYI ... Read Matt's article in today's Gazette.

Makle and Sobers are gone. Davis will redshirt as No. 3 QB.

Among other things, with the usual injury bug hanging around the squad:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...cf9ac7557.html

Time to hit the waiver wire...I mean the transfer portal!
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 06-01-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Among other things, with the usual injury bug hanging around the squad:

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...cf9ac7557.html

Time to hit the waiver wire...I mean the transfer portal!
    Tort was quick to point out those were non-academic losses. But, yep, time to go shopping.

Tort was quick to point out those were non-academic losses. But, yep, time to go shopping.
    Tort has been very proud of the team's academics, tweeting out that 36 of the team achieved 3.0 GPA or more with 26 with at least 3.4 GPA.

15. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Sounds like Quinton Maxwell is the next IUP starting QB. Let's all hope that Maxwell and his receivers aren't good to the last drop!

Hate how Matt has to lump the one guy in with the other two actual legit D-I QB transfers (Box and Lenny). Hell, the other guy could have spent 40 seasons with the Illini and he would never have even once taken a real snap. Not a one. He was only there because of who his Daddy Warbucks was. Just seems stupid to even mention that in the article to be honest.

Any predictions for IUP's record this season? I'll go either 8-3 or 7-4.

-

16. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Sounds like Quinton Maxwell is the next IUP starting QB. Let's all hope that Maxwell and his receivers aren't good to the last drop!

Hate how Matt has to lump the one guy in with the other two actual legit D-I QB transfers (Box and Lenny). Hell, the other guy could have spent 40 seasons with the Illini and he would never have even once taken a real snap. Not a one. He was only there because of who his Daddy Warbucks was. Just seems stupid to even mention that in the article to be honest.

-
    Hate. Jealousy. Lack of respect. Lack of dignity. All bad things.

-[/QUOTE]

Like every other year the season obviously swings on that back-to-back stretch of Cal and (at) SRU.

They will get by New Haven in the opener but should get a fight. The next two are freebies prior to (road) Mercyhurst game (which is the start of the key stretch).

After that gauntlet, they'll be physically wore out and tired, and, as usual, will struggle up at Clarion in an ugly 21-17 win. Several years in a row now they've struggled in that 'letdown' game versus Clarion. The Golden Eagles are sky high and IUP plays like its getting a root canal.

So, I think they split the big two. I'd say 9-1 entering that last weekend. Opponent TBD (could be at Ship or State Game).

They have a ton of talent. Unlike last year, they enter this year likely a little embarrassed and better-motivated. Some cancer's are also gone. Morale is a dangerous thing.

-

Like every other year the season obviously swings on that back-to-back stretch of Cal and (at) SRU.

They will get by New Haven in the opener but should get a fight. The next two are freebies prior to (road) Mercyhurst game (which is the start of the key stretch).

After that gauntlet, they'll be physically wore out and tired, and, as usual, will struggle up at Clarion in an ugly 21-17 win. Several years in a row now they've struggled in that 'letdown' game versus Clarion. The Golden Eagles are sky high and IUP plays like its getting a root canal.

So, I think they split the big two. I'd say 9-1 entering that last weekend. Opponent TBD (could be at Ship or State Game).

They have a ton of talent. Unlike last year, they enter this year likely a little embarrassed and better-motivated. Some cancer's are also gone. Morale is a dangerous thing.[/QUOTE]

All depends on how the new QB integrates into the team, and injuries. I could see losing both big games, and either the first or last game - 8-3 or 7-4. But if he works out ,10-1 9-2 - just too many questions this year to predict much.

If this team goes 7-4 ... Tort gonna be on a hot seat.

Maybe not a legit hot seat, but this board will be bonkers.

20. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Hate. Jealousy. Lack of respect. Lack of dignity. All bad things.
    People given things to them they didn't earn. Lack of talent. Lack of respect and consideration for others. Everything bought and paid for. All bad things.

Aren't you the one who said that you were hanging with Ron Thomas back in the day? I'm surprised that the campus was big enough to fit his oversized opinion of himself.

-