Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP Football 2019

Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    He is but truthfully they all look like skinny kids in these recruiting pictures. They get on campus and get exposed to real strength coaches, proper food, etc., and they bulk up. Ideally you don't want any of them on the field next year anyway. Very few show up even near ready to play at this level.

You go from playing skinny dorks in high school to guys who hit like Damon Lloyd. Boys versus men.
    I still recall the last IHS QB IUP took. The first time I saw him on the field in summer camp standing beside big lumberjack types like Mike Box and Pat Smith I was totally aghast. Yeah, there will be plenty of work to be done. I see that even Pitt has a former IHS QB on their roster. He will likely never take a snap, but it is cool to see guys keeping their hand in college ball while they are getting that education.

Okay, I am a bit surprised that IUP offered the kid. But sometimes you just never know where the next blue chipper comes from.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I still recall the last IHS QB IUP took. The first time I saw him on the field in summer camp standing beside big lumberjack types like Mike Box and Pat Smith I was totally aghast. Yeah, there will be plenty of work to be done. I see that even Pitt has a former IHS QB on their roster. He will likely never take a snap, but it is cool to see guys keeping their hand in college ball while they are getting that education.

Okay, I am a bit surprised that IUP offered the kid. But sometimes you just never know where the next blue chipper comes from.

-
    From his twitter feed, looks like Lock Haven also offered him. Maybe the coaches are remembering the last IHS QB not offered that went to Clarion, who beat them a couple years later. The money is probably on the low side, so its a good risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    From his twitter feed, looks like Lock Haven also offered him. Maybe the coaches are remembering the last IHS QB not offered that went to Clarion, who beat them a couple years later. The money is probably on the low side, so its a good risk.
    Hopefully. I don't usually get too excited for recruits that only us and Lock Haven are chasing. Just sayin'

He is but truthfully they all look like skinny kids in these recruiting pictures. They get on campus and get exposed to real strength coaches, proper food, etc., and they bulk up. Ideally you don't want any of them on the field next year anyway. Very few show up even near ready to play at this level.

You go from playing skinny dorks in high school to guys who hit like Damon Lloyd. Boys versus men.
    Unfortunately at the D2 level they are exposed to neither of these ...the strength coach is just a position coach/trainer given the additional duties and the players eat the same slop as the regular students......... jus sayin

5. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Unfortunately at the D2 level they are exposed to neither of these ...the strength coach is just a position coach/trainer given the additional duties and the players eat the same slop as the regular students......... jus sayin
    My thoughts exactly.

Lock Haven is the sleeper in the PSAC. There's a lot going on there.

IF he chooses to stay home he'll encounter competition for playing time at IUP which is a good thing. So, I wouldn't make any predictions about his future, however, the kid looks pretty good to me. I would be hesitant to sell him short. Isn't he also the all-time passing leader at IHS?

Looking at his frame he could easily fill out to 200-210 and still be as mobile as he is now. Just sayin'. He's got adequate size for D2. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Lock Haven will be lucky to still be open by the time any of these recruits graduate .......... jus sayin

Speaking of IHS I saw WR Ryan Hoff has left the IUP team.

Lock Haven will be lucky to still be open by the time any of these recruits graduate .......... jus sayin
    I guess 50 game losing streaks will create those kinds of perceptions but things do change.

I guess 50 game losing streaks will create those kinds of perceptions but things do change.

Call me curious ... what is going on there all the sudden besides them making offers to the entire WPIAL? Did they suddenly come in to some big coin?

Speaking of IHS I saw WR Ryan Hoff has left the IUP team.
    Very rare these days for a player to stick around more than a year or two if they don't get immediate significant playing time. jus sayin

Call me curious ... what is going on there all the sudden besides them making offers to the entire WPIAL? Did they suddenly come in to some big coin?
    Maybe.

It's not a perception ... trust me. jus sayin

We’ve heard that before.

Very rare these days for a player to stick around more than a year or two if they don't get immediate significant playing time. jus sayin
    Which brings us to the IUP QB situation. In Matt's article Tort did say that they will be looking to bring in an experienced QB this summer. I suppose he is letting Davis and Wilkerson know that they need to keep pushing.

Which brings us to the IUP QB situation. In Matt's article Tort did say that they will be looking to bring in an experienced QB this summer. I suppose he is letting Davis and Wilkerson know that they need to keep pushing.
    That's also assuming both Davis and Wilkerson are coming back.

That's also assuming both Davis and Wilkerson are coming back.
    I think they will at least be back for spring. I suppose a bad spring practice could effect if they comeback in the Fall.

20. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

I think they will at least be back for spring. I suppose a bad spring practice could effect if they comeback in the Fall.
    And don't forget the rather odd academic problems that have for some strange reason have plagued the IUP QB position the past half decade or so. It's been some tough sledding that way.

Sounds like the staff may not have Davis' name written in stone as the next IUP QB as some observers believed last season.

One oddity that may continue if Davis reverts back to his old high school jersey number of 5 is that he would be the fourth IUP QB to wear that number as a starter in recent years. He would follow Mike Box, Eddie $tockett, and Lenny Williams.

-

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast