Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UWG Thread 2019

Did Matthew Clay get his new sound system?
    Contribute to D2

Default UWG Thread 2019

Starting this one with a bang - MASSIVE change coming at UWG (Not Dean)....should be announced soon.

Default Re: UWG Thread 2019

Just as I posted that...

https://news.georgiasouthern.edu/201...rgia-southern/

Marrero. He gone.

Interesting. So, it's a done deal?

4. Default Re: UWG Thread 2019

Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWolf View Post
    Gone.
    Good. I worked for him at the Pensacola Opera. Not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    Just as I posted that...

https://news.georgiasouthern.edu/201...rgia-southern/

Marrero. He gone.
    MAYBE the logjam is breaking.......

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    MAYBE the logjam is breaking.......
    Be praying and hoping for us all, Larold.

About that time of the year to start evaluating some coaches - as the end of the Athletic Year will be here before we know it.

Football is in a decent place. We'll see how that goes, moving forward.
    Cross Country is....the same as tennis, golf, track...who really knows?
    Soccer is trending up - at least it feels that way with Stacey. Still transitioning the program from what was kept a pretty good hush job...
    Volleyball - couldn't go anywhere but up, but Year 1 with Moseley has to be considered a huge success.
    Men's Basketball - much better product on the court, with some puzzling blowout losses. Dave seems to be a home run hire - but I don't think he'll stick around long.
    Softball - Excited to see this year's team. If nothing else, Al can recruit and should win.
    Baseball - Skip should retire soon, right? New blood could do wonders for the program. There's an ex-pro about 45 minutes away that wants to coach here....

Women's Basketball - ...................is it time for new life? Haven't been to the NCAA Tournament under the current regime. Is that the litmus test, or just making the conference tournament as a back-end team?

About that time of the year to start evaluating some coaches - as the end of the Athletic Year will be here before we know it.

Soccer is trending up - at least it feels that way with Stacey. Still transitioning the program from what was kept a pretty good hush job...
    Volleyball - couldn't go anywhere but up, but Year 1 with Moseley has to be considered a huge success.
    Men's Basketball - much better product on the court, with some puzzling blowout losses. Dave seems to be a home run hire - but I don't think he'll stick around long.
    Softball - Excited to see this year's team. If nothing else, Al can recruit and should win.
    Baseball - Skip should retire soon, right? New blood could do wonders for the program. There's an ex-pro about 45 minutes away that wants to coach here....

Women's Basketball - ...................is it time for new life? Haven't been to the NCAA Tournament under the current regime. Is that the litmus test, or just making the conference tournament as a back-end team?
    patiently waiting for the next Presidents new broom to start sweeping. I imagine some rear ends are getting warm thinking about their chances of being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    patiently waiting for the next Presidents new broom to start sweeping. I imagine some rear ends are getting warm thinking about their chances of being removed.
    Or they may be practicing their flight plans over campus celebrating their still being on board!

Biggest worry is a VP taking over (two, specifically).

If we escape that - I think we'll see mass changes to follow the recommendation of a study done of the campus and more notably, the Athletic Department.

The ex pro your talking about wouldn’t be Todd Pratt would it? If it is, careful, there’s a reason he’s still doing what he’s doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    The ex pro your talking about wouldn’t be Todd Pratt would it? If it is, careful, there’s a reason he’s still doing what he’s doing.
    Not Todd. I used to be on his wagon, but he's pretty out there and loud with his political beliefs. Not sure the Marlins are going to keep him in their system moving forward.

Good bit of activity from JUCO and HS kids on Twitter last night/this morning.

Quite a few Carrollton kids.

Former WG player Dylan Donahue on the Atlanta Legends football roster, curious how this new league is going to work.

Haha. Cool story!!

Looks like it actually *IS* the AD's job to raise money and some do it pretty well.

https://twitter.com/ChipBrown247/sta...86217980010496

I'm told the Lenoir-Rhyne AD raised $1.5 million last year.

https://www.hickoryrecord.com/sports...e081cfa5f.html

"Significant Changes" - http://www.uwgsports.com/ViewArticle...B_OEM_ID=24310

Still missing so many things they could have done. General admission season tickets? Different levels for those that choose to donate?...and $250 for a parking pass?!? GTFO. This is such a lazy attempt to fix the entire issue.

I have to say they're pretty close to getting this right. Last year you had to give $125 for each seat purchased and still had to buy the parking pass. Now you give nothing per seat but if you give $250 you get the parking pass for free. This is pretty reasonable.

I would also like to see:

1. Ability to purchase a parking pass outright for $100.
    2. A family game package that includes 2-4 tickets and comes with a $15-20 concession stand credit.
    3. They did miss on not offering GA season seats for $75.

I would say it appears they at least listened.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast