Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UWG Thread 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Re: UWG Thread 2019

It's closer, much closer (hard to get further away than they were.)

I still think they're handcuffing themselves and fans by there being one, single option.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    "Significant Changes" - http://www.uwgsports.com/ViewArticle...B_OEM_ID=24310

Still missing so many things they could have done. General admission season tickets? Different levels for those that choose to donate?...and $250 for a parking pass?!? GTFO. This is such a lazy attempt to fix the entire issue.
    Maybe you should define what the “entire issue” is. All programs have issues. Attendance is down in all of football. I like what they are trying to do starting with the questionare. We complained about the cost of going to the games, they adjusted the cost of going to the games. Are there other things going on with getting the students back involved again? Maybe. Kinda hard to fix everything all in one lick. I want a evening game or two, maybe that’ll happen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    Maybe you should define what the “entire issue” is. All programs have issues. Attendance is down in all of football. I like what they are trying to do starting with the questionare. We complained about the cost of going to the games, they adjusted the cost of going to the games. Are there other things going on with getting the students back involved again? Maybe. Kinda hard to fix everything all in one lick. I want a evening game or two, maybe that’ll happen at some point.
    Sure - and they won't always be fixed and new issues crop up all the time.

I thought the questionnaire was great and I hope that more changes/improvements are made from that - notably with students & game day experiences.

I think this is a good alteration to the pricing issues - but I don't think it has the depth to be noted as a significant change. It was a logical change - and the seat back pricing is now in line with what it should have been in the first place.

I'm also a grumpy fan at this point - I know that. There's just so much left on the table, in a multitude of areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    I have to say they're pretty close to getting this right. Last year you had to give $125 for each seat purchased and still had to buy the parking pass. Now you give nothing per seat but if you give $250 you get the parking pass for free. This is pretty reasonable.

I would also like to see:

1. Ability to purchase a parking pass outright for $100.
    2. A family game package that includes 2-4 tickets and comes with a $15-20 concession stand credit.
    3. They did miss on not offering GA season seats for $75.

I would say it appears they at least listened.
    I am pretty surprised you HAVE to pay for parking.

VSU is always free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    I am pretty surprised you HAVE to pay for parking.

VSU is always free.
    You guys have like 47 spots; the rest you don't own so you really couldn't charge for them if you wanted to.

You guys have like 47 spots; the rest you don't own so you really couldn't charge for them if you wanted to.
    In addition to sponsors parking next to stadium we also have the UC next to stadium. Other parking nearby.Primary parking /parking deck and lot a block away. We’re actually pretty good on parking for those that know where to go.
    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 02-28-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
    In addition to sponsors parking next to stadium we also have the UC next to stadium. Other parking nearby.Primary parking /parking deck and lot a block away. We’re actually pretty good on parking for those that know where to go.
    The point is, really tough for VSU to charge for parking, when parking involves so many places outside the campus. I always park at a animal vet when I’m down there. WG actually has stadium parking.

To add to this years pricing changes:

The reserved Lot B parking is available through the "UWG Foundation" with a min $250 donation but there are no more individual reserved spots. Its on a first come first serve basis. So these prime spots people have had reserved for years can be taken from them if someone else gets there earlier.

Seems a bit unfair to the long-time donors with prime tailgate spots.

I think the University needs to consolidate the donation programs to one website with one drop-down menu to select which program/department you'd like to donate to and have the options fill in from there. Navigating through these sites is getting a bit confusing and there's little information on what each donation will get you (ie a parking pass for a football donation).

NWMSU has a nice setup

NWMSU has a nice setup
    I think that's my qualm with the whole situation. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. Plenty of schools (almost all) have a pretty good system in place when it comes to donations/ticketing - so just find a couple of options and customize it to UWG. Just within our conference. AUM doesn't have football, but their booster club set up is pretty well done.

Quote Originally Posted by UWGKOTK View Post
    To add to this years pricing changes:

The reserved Lot B parking is available through the "UWG Foundation" with a min $250 donation but there are no more individual reserved spots. Its on a first come first serve basis. So these prime spots people have had reserved for years can be taken from them if someone else gets there earlier.

Seems a bit unfair to the long-time donors with prime tailgate spots.

I think the University needs to consolidate the donation programs to one website with one drop-down menu to select which program/department you'd like to donate to and have the options fill in from there. Navigating through these sites is getting a bit confusing and there's little information on what each donation will get you (ie a parking pass for a football donation).
    I called the athletic department today, I don’t think their going to go through with the silly idea of making the tailgate area a first come first serve set up, makes no sense. I’ve been paying for my spot, now you want me to hurry up and haul ass out there so no one else will get my spot? How is that an improvement? Not charging for parking is great, good idea, leave the tailgate set up alone.

I'm not sure what the gain is from no longer offering reserved spaces, other then the savings from not printing the mirror hangers with the space number on it.

Their over thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    I called the athletic department today, I don’t think their going to go through with the silly idea of making the tailgate area a first come first serve set up, makes no sense. I’ve been paying for my spot, now you want me to hurry up and haul ass out there so no one else will get my spot? How is that an improvement? Not charging for parking is great, good idea, leave the tailgate set up alone.
    I've seen, on several occasions, what appears to be a bigger crowd of tailgaters than game attendees at UWG. Never understood it, but I just might have a solution.

After kickoff, big VSU scoreboard type speakers blasting Barry M music in the tailgate section.
    They'll want to go SOMEWHERE quick and the stadium is right there!
    Last edited by Larold; 03-07-2019 at 07:39 AM.

UWG Spring Game is supposed to be tonight. Weather likely will prevent that from happening. Was actually looking forward to it, for the first time in a couple of years. Doubtful, but it'd be cool to reschedule it.

Rain threat kept me home. Wonder how it went.

Rain threat kept me home. Wonder how it went.
    Seemed like the smallest group (# of players) that we've had for a Spring game in quite a while. Defense looked good - offense...............

QB wise, behind Willie seems pretty murky. One SR and two RS FR. Both RS FR are lefties - but I think I liked the 4th string kid the best out of the trio.

Hard to tell what we really have, to be frank.

18. Default Re: UWG Thread 2019

UWG Baseball Coach, Skip Fite, retires after 10 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Wolf View Post
    UWG Baseball Coach, Skip Fite, retires after 10 seasons
    Thank God. Let's hope dickey does his homework for once. Of course now he's waited til there is not much money to hire somebody good

20. Default Re: UWG Thread 2019

I saw mixed responses to his retirement announcement on twitter. Hopefully the replacement can spark some interest with the community and make us highly competitive. Does this make the most tenured head coach at UWG coach Dean?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12