Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Out of Conference Thread

Contribute to D2

Default Re: 2019 Out of Conference Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    You really classify them as a rebuild? Perhaps an academic rebuild. Player-wise, providing they can pass English, they have a ton back next year.
    I thought the general consensus was that next year is a rebuild given the underachievement of the 2018 season. They are going to start with a QB who most likely has never had or or has had very limited game time experience - barring a transfer. And playing a cup cake in the first game when they played a nationally ranked team in the last two years seems to be indication that something needs rebuilt - team confidence, leadership, respect for the coaches and each other? So yes, in that respect I'd say IUP is in a rebuilding year in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I thought the general consensus was that next year is a rebuild given the underachievement of the 2018 season. They are going to start with a QB who most likely has never had or or has had very limited game time experience - barring a transfer. And playing a cup cake in the first game when they played a nationally ranked team in the last two years seems to be indication that something needs rebuilt - team confidence, leadership, respect for the coaches and each other? So yes, in that respect I'd say IUP is in a rebuilding year in 2019.

Other side of that coin is an argument could be made the QB was part of the underachievement last season.

Regroup may be the better word over rebuild. Sure hope so, anyway.

Good concept but not happening. If IUP plays a game it would be a cupcake.

You really classify them as a rebuild? Perhaps an academic rebuild. Player-wise, providing they can pass English, they have a ton back next year.

The JUCO WR they already got is a stud. More on the way.
    Other side of that coin is an argument could be made the QB was part of the underachievement last season.

Regroup may be the better word over rebuild. Sure hope so, anyway.
    http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=93644

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    LOL ... you know where all threads end up anyway.

Just a matter of time.

Ok, that works. From here on out IUP football is officially regrouping for the 2019 season.

Ok, that works. From here on out IUP football is officially regrouping for the 2019 season.
    I think it's an important year for Tortorella.

Clemson just scored again.

Freshmen WR and QB. Just sick.

They'd both be Top 3 draft picks. Right now.

Clemson just scored again.

Freshmen WR and QB. Just sick.

They'd both be Top 3 draft picks. Right now.
    IUP should schedule Bama.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    ESU opened with Ferris State last year...Remember that?!?!? They open with FCS Wagner this year...
    I would think that ESU fans would probably prefer to forget that season opener...

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the PSAC as much since I moved to Texas over the summer, but that's a fair point.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    I would think that ESU fans would probably prefer to forget that season opener...

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the PSAC as much since I moved to Texas over the summer, but that's a fair point.

Yeah ... and the fact that Ferris would blow Wagner off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Frostburg State is joining the MEC i believe next year. That would be a nice close opponent for a good portion of the conference. I'm hoping Shepherd and them can start a yearly thing with them considering they are about 90 mins apart.
    I believe it will take Frostburg a couple of years of good recruiting and development before they agree to an OOC game with someone of Shepherd's caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    I believe it will take Frostburg a couple of years of good recruiting and development before they agree to an OOC game with someone of Shepherd's caliber.
    I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember.

"I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember."

I didn't think about the recruiting competition that Shepherd would have against Frostburg. After looking at their roster the recruits come from mostly the exact same areas. Frostburg may be a little further west than Shepherd but they are a have larger enrollment and have a good program. It shouldn't take them long to compete and win in DII. Shepherd needs to continue to win on the field and continue to upgrade facilities in order to compete in recruiting. If they don't Frostburg could end up being the football power in the area. Competition is good and hopefully it will drive Shepherd to continue to make improvements. Joining the PSAC was a good first step.

Quote Originally Posted by wvftballfan View Post
    "I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember."

I didn't think about the recruiting competition that Shepherd would have against Frostburg. After looking at their roster the recruits come from mostly the exact same areas. Frostburg may be a little further west than Shepherd but they are a have larger enrollment and have a good program. It shouldn't take them long to compete and win in DII. Shepherd needs to continue to win on the field and continue to upgrade facilities in order to compete in recruiting. If they don't Frostburg could end up being the football power in the area. Competition is good and hopefully it will drive Shepherd to continue to make improvements. Joining the PSAC was a good first step.
    Here's an example of the competition.

https://frostburgsports.com/news/201...-upgrades.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    I think it would be really important for Shepherd to do everything they can to get FSU on the schedule. They are going to go head to head in recruiting for a lot of players going forward. It's really the first real threat Shepherd has had for DMV players that I can remember.
    Lets don't forget Bowie State, who has been to the NCAA D-II playoffs the past 2 years. Lately they have able to recruit quality players from the DMV. They already a threat to Shepherd.

Quote Originally Posted by wvftballfan View Post

I think its going to take Frostburg a little while before they will be able to actually compete. For starters they need a little time convert that roster into a D-II one.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    The guy is 21-4, can't be to important....just sayin

I read In Koz's sports page that Shepherd would be open to play an FCS team. I hope they don't because it doesn't help the D2 regional rankings. They'd be better off playing one of PSAC teams they don't play this year. Why not IUP and Shepherd in a two year deal or at least 2019? Both teams are in a rebuild process and it would be a great game. And they play at Shepherd since I can get there in 10 minutes.
    Can't be done IUP is already playing at Shepherd in 2020 crossover action.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    IupGroundHog,

Can you explain what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    IupGroundHog,

Can you explain what you mean?
    Next 2 year schedule is out for 2020/2021. home and home crossover. There not going to play in 2019, not worth it. IUP already found a dance partner for 2019 Home game.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast