Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Default Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Maybe both!!! The problem any HC will have at Tech from this point moving forward is that Tech fans saw that Leach could win consistently. Maybe not to the level as some, but he always had the Raiders in the top half of the Conference and usually had them competing for a title late into the season. Knowing that it can be accomplished alums are no longer going to settle for the Spike Dykes of the world. My thinking is that Baylor and TCU fans think the same way after Briles and Patterson success.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    This is very perplexing. It's sure not my Cardinal money hiring KK (now). What a leap by an NFL team. The owners might as well have pulled a wild hair out of their azz.
    This is either genius or bonkers. I lean towards the latter.

BUT it is the Arizona Cardinals and to be one of two charter members of football and NEVER win a Super Bowl is flat out embarrassing. I guess logic goes out the window and you just start randomly swinging for the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Maybe both!!! The problem any HC will have at Tech from this point moving forward is that Tech fans saw that Leach could win consistently. Maybe not to the level as some, but he always had the Raiders in the top half of the Conference and usually had them competing for a title late into the season. Knowing that it can be accomplished alums are no longer going to settle for the Spike Dykes of the world. My thinking is that Baylor and TCU fans think the same way after Briles and Patterson success.
    Yes.....Unfortunately, Tech will always be 3rd rate unless a lot of people take off the blinders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    If Dixie State indeed is accepted into the WAC, will they have to rename the school? In today’s ultra PC culture can “Dixie State” be allowed in D1? I would think not; it would be insensitive and the United States Congress would have to get involved. If the North Dakota Fighting Sioux and the Southeastern Oklahoma Drunkard Savages are not appropriate any longer, how can Dixie be allowed to exist? I am just appalled, perhaps even offended, I am.

Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    If Dixie State indeed is accepted into the WAC, will they have to rename the school? In today’s ultra PC culture can “Dixie State” be allowed in D1? I would think not; it would be insensitive and the United States Congress would have to get involved. If the North Dakota Fighting Sioux and the Southeastern Oklahoma Drunkard Savages are not appropriate any longer, how can Dixie be allowed to exist? I am just appalled, perhaps even offended, I am.
    Ohhhhh.....you are one of "those".

"The mind is a terrible thang. And it must be stopped in our lifetime." - Bob Nelson

Best Stand Up routine, EVER......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I_7tIBk_DfQ

Well they should regardless. Because when I think of Utah, Jazz and the Civil War south pops right into my head.

So, where does their football program end up. From earlier articles it was stated that the WAC would have to find a place for their football before Dixie State would make such a move. I believe it is the scenario that played out with Tarleton State. Two questions: 1. Is the WAC going to finally start sponsoring FCS? 2. Is Dixie State going to drop football?

I know the WAC just hired away a Big Sky asst Commissioner to aid Hurd and my thinking at the time was this guy going to start moving WAC back toward football. There is a lot of undercurrent going on to preserve the WAC.
    Possibly indie. If the WAC goes FCS, who else do they get?

Possibly indie. If the WAC goes FCS, who else do they get?
    FCS Independent.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46464699...tic-conference

From what I hear the WAC is actively pursuing schools from the Big Sky as well as Cal Poly & Cal Davis along with any D2 School who wants to join. There is a sense of urgency to get this up and running before the conference collapses. I'm convinced it was the sole purpose in hiring Big Sky asst Commissioner. Tarleton State and Dixie State are the only D2 Football schools that have interest from what I'm being told. Interestingly enough N Colorado is very interested which is perplexing. Davis and Cal Poly would be football only. Haven't heard anything out of UTRGV football since study was released. I would think WT with the new stadium being built would also want to take a closer look at this if it actually starts coming to fruition.

From what I hear the WAC is actively pursuing schools from the Big Sky as well as Cal Poly & Cal Davis along with any D2 School who wants to join. There is a sense of urgency to get this up and running before the conference collapses. I'm convinced it was the sole purpose in hiring Big Sky asst Commissioner. Tarleton State and Dixie State are the only D2 Football schools that have interest from what I'm being told. Interestingly enough N Colorado is very interested which is perplexing. Davis and Cal Poly would be football only. Haven't heard anything out of UTRGV football since study was released. I would think WT with the new stadium being built would also want to take a closer look at this if it actually starts coming to fruition.
    Why leave the relative stability of the BSC for a conference perpetually on life support?

Why leave the relative stability of the BSC for a conference perpetually on life support?
    And paying 1.7 million dollars to part of that life support?

My thoughts exactly. But, I know the program has not done well since they left D2 and funding is getting harder for them. Maybe join a weak conference and get some wins and maybe conference championships to re engergize the base. Who really knows? Maybe they are thinking football only also.

Dixie State is in the area of the Dixie National Forest in Southwest Utah. I always wondered where the name came from until I was driving through that area last month.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Dixie State is in the area of the Dixie National Forest in Southwest Utah. I always wondered where the name came from until I was driving through that area last month.

Southern Belles and a bunch of Good ole Boys with Confederate Flags on their pickups?

Soooo.....The Cowboys @ Rams. I am not sure how I feel on this one. Sean McVay & Wade Phillips know the Cowboys inside out.

If McVay can get his receivers open down field, it may be a long day for Dallas.

If Zeke can get 130+, and they put the ball in the hands of Zeke & Coop 70%...Cowboys can pull an upset.

What say you???

I guess he's not such a bad guy after all. It must have been those years in Canyon that turned his life around.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    I guess he's not such a bad guy after all. It must have been those years in Canyon that turned his life around.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartandhp
    Glad to see he turned his life around.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Soooo.....The Cowboys @ Rams. I am not sure how I feel on this one. Sean McVay & Wade Phillips know the Cowboys inside out.

If McVay can get his receivers open down field, it may be a long day for Dallas.

If Zeke can get 130+, and they put the ball in the hands of Zeke & Coop 70%...Cowboys can pull an upset.

What say you???
    Dak needs another 300+ yard passing day on top of a 100+ yard day from Elliott. These 3 to 5 yard check down passes aren’t going to get it. Needs to incorporate more passes to the TE 89 only bring 85 in for blocking. He needs more time to develop.

I believe the Defense will continue to play at a high level.

Rams D under Phillips has not been great and at times has looked average. Not what we’ve seen in years past from Phillips.

Rams Offense is explosive, so the Cowboys D must hold them to 24 points to have a chance to win.

This one is doable but Dak has to play like he he did against Giants and absolutely no turnovers are their gooses are cooked.
    Last edited by Techster88; 01-10-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Dak needs another 300+ yard passing day on top of a 100+ yard day from Elliott. These 3 to 5 yard check down passes aren’t going to get it. Needs to incorporate more passes to the TE 89 only bring 85 in for blocking. He needs more time to develop.

I believe the Defense will continue to play at a high level.

Rams D under Phillips has not been great and at times has looked average. Not what we’ve seen in years past from Phillips.

Rams Offense is explosive, so the Cowboys D must hold them to 24 points to have a chance to win.

This one is doable but Dak has to play like he he did against Giants and absolutely no turnovers are their gooses are cooked.
    Some good points.

I just know when Wade plays Dallas he goes all out. Dallas offense is so basic, it's not hard to defend against (see Colts game)...UNLESS the things you mentioned happens. Then its almost impossible to stop.

MANY people are feeling confident about this game. Me....not so much.

BUT I am BEYOND excited for this one.

On the flip side.....I am worried that Philly may sneak by New Orleans. I STRONGLY DISLIKE the Beagles!!!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast