Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    https://apple.news/AU2by-gvpQsytTZPp7ElUYw

Appears Beard will be in Lubbock for a few more years.
    Yeah. They stepped up big time. I hope they also rewarded Mark Adams, the defensive guru, brains, and taskmaster behind the Tech defense. Former WT HC, Juco NC winner at Howard, and a fine person. Mark deserves tremendous credit for Beard's success at Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Yeah. They stepped up big time. I hope they also rewarded Mark Adams, the defensive guru, brains, and taskmaster behind the Tech defense. Former WT HC, Juco NC winner at Howard, and a fine person. Mark deserves tremendous credit for Beard's success at Tech.
    Apparently winning helps in recruiting, I read where they have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation. I don't keep up with basketball so I am not well informed about the staff. I'm sure with all that coin Beard can help spread the love around.

Apparently winning helps in recruiting, I read where they have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation. I don't keep up with basketball so I am not well informed about the staff. I'm sure with all that coin Beard can help spread the love around.
    Yeah they have pretty dang good class for this next year. Three 4 star players and a couple 3 star players. Two of the 4 star kids are top 100 recruits

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Yeah they have pretty dang good class for this next year. Three 4 star players and a couple 3 star players. Two of the 4 star kids are top 100 recruits
    The article said Beard had one scholarship left and there is a 4 star player in Garland outside of Dallas that has interest. It would make a solid recruiting class even better. Looks like he is solidifying his program. Now, I hope that winning can start to rub off on the football program which is in desperate need of attention. KK left a mess for the new HC to try to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    BEARD deserves TREMENDOUS credit for turning an ENTIRE program.

EVERYONE on the team gets credit, but THE MAN at the TOP gets the REAL credit when they do what BEARD has done with this program.

If they were in dead last, would anyone be calling for Adams' head? Would he be standing at the mic taking the sh!t?? OH H3LL NO!!!

Adams is a good assistant to Beard, no doubt.

ATTABOY BEARD! (former ASU HC). ;)

[QUOTE=Techster88;2379001]The article said Beard had one scholarship left and there is a 4 star player in Garland outside of Dallas that has interest. It would make a solid recruiting class even better. Looks like he is solidifying his program. Now, I hope that winning can start to rub off on the football program which is in desperate need of attention. KK left a mess for the new HC to try to rebuild.[/QUOTE

I liked KK more than you but I do agree he left some work to be done with the last 2 recruiting cycles

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    BEARD deserves TREMENDOUS credit for turning an ENTIRE program.

EVERYONE on the team gets credit, but THE MAN at the TOP gets the REAL credit when they do what BEARD has done with this program.

If they were in dead last, would anyone be calling for Adams' head? Would he be standing at the mic taking the sh!t?? OH H3LL NO!!!

Adams is a good assistant to Beard, no doubt.

ATTABOY BEARD! (former ASU HC). ;)
    How long was he at ASU? I always read about a D3 job and Ark Little Rock but never really see much about the ASU job.

8. Default Re: Off Season & OT Thread.....everything else

2 years. Led Angelo to the Sweet 16 in his 2nd year. Lost to Tarleton in the Regional Finals in Stephenville, then left right after that for the Arkansas Little Rock job.

How long was he at ASU? I always read about a D3 job and Ark Little Rock but never really see much about the ASU job.
    That's because you are a Buffoon and reading is your second language. ;)

2 years and finished with a 47-15 record, nearly unbeatable in San Angelo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    2 years and finished with a 47-15 record, nearly unbeatable in San Angelo.
    Yep, I believe 1 or 2 losses at home in his tenure.

Beard is a winner no doubt. Last night I read where a 2020 5 star recruit from Little Elm had reclassified to 2019 and replaced Duke with Tech in his top 4. Beard has completely changed the landscape and is getting players many said would never go to Lubbock. I personally enjoy watching it unfold as I grew up in the panhandle and my dad grew up in Lubbock. It's a bit offensive what some say about Lubbock and the panhandle in general

Beard is a winner no doubt. Last night I read where a 2020 5 star recruit from Little Elm had reclassified to 2019 and replaced Duke with Tech in his top 4. Beard has completely changed the landscape and is getting players many said would never go to Lubbock. I personally enjoy watching it unfold as I grew up in the panhandle and my dad grew up in Lubbock. It's a bit offensive what some say about Lubbock and the panhandle in general
    But is it true?! HAHAHA
    The issue I could see Beard running into, is if he starts getting these 5 star dudes can he conform their way of thinking from a me first attitude to a team first attitude. I know not all 5 stars are me first guys, but the majority are.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    But is it true?! HAHAHA
    The issue I could see Beard running into, is if he starts getting these 5 star dudes can he conform their way of thinking from a me first attitude to a team first attitude. I know not all 5 stars are me first guys, but the majority are.
    In my opinion, no it's not completely true. Maybe I'm jaded.

I see your point with Beard and 5 star recruits but I'd have to think he would be very up front with them during recruiting and know they need to buy in to his system

Yep, I believe 1 or 2 losses at home in his tenure.
    When I saw the home record I had to look twice.

When I saw the home record I had to look twice.
    Check it everywhere he has been since ASU as well. His 1st year at Tech was an outlier, but everywhere else you don't have much chance on his home floor.

Check it everywhere he has been since ASU as well. His 1st year at Tech was an outlier, but everywhere else you don't have much chance on his home floor.
    Just looked at McMurry and UALR. McMurry the year prior did well in their own stadium. Only 3 losses. UALR had more losses than wins.

Yeah he wasn't as good at Tech his first year at home but 3 losses is still stout.

Man keeps impressing me. Fun fact, high school again teacher was named Chris Beard.
    Last edited by Vulpes88; 05-01-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Just looked at McMurry and UALR. McMurry the year prior did well in their own stadium. Only 3 losses. UALR had more losses than wins.

Yeah he wasn't as good at Tech his first year at home but 3 losses is still stout.

Man keeps impressing me. Fun fact, high school again teacher was named Chris Beard.
    In 2015-2016, when Beard was at UALR, they were 30-5 overall and 14-0 at home. The season after Beard left, they went 9-6 at home.

What I remember most about Lubbuttocks was the landscape. It was flat as a tabletop and your eyes could see as far as the horizon because there was no coverage. Trees can’t grow on a caprock which the city sets on. Also, there was always that nice aroma that floated in from the stockyards in Muleshoe (commonly known as Mules**t). But my favorite part was the those sandstorms. Farmers kept hundreds of acres plowed up and the loose dirt combined with 50 to 60 mph wind could sandblast the paint right off your car or the hide right off of you.

But, I digress I had a blast at Tech. A college experience I wouldn’t trade for anything. Once your on campus the University had a way of keeping you busy every day. There was always something going on. By the way the campus is very large and impressive and all of these reasons are why I really do not believe Lubbock anymore than Lincoln, NE Manhattan, KS or Fayetteville AR would deter recruits. Losing is a more of a deterrent than anything else.

My Dad used to say “Winning attracts winners”.

What I remember most about Lubbuttocks was the landscape. It was flat as a tabletop and your eyes could see as far as the horizon because there was no coverage. Trees can’t grow on a caprock which the city sets on. Also, there was always that nice aroma that floated in from the stockyards in Muleshoe (commonly known as Mules**t). But my favorite part was the those sandstorms. Farmers kept hundreds of acres plowed up and the loose dirt combined with 50 to 60 mph wind could sandblast the paint right off your car or the hide right off of you.

But, I digress I had a blast at Tech. A college experience I wouldn’t trade for anything. Once your on campus the University had a way of keeping you busy every day. There was always something going on. By the way the campus is very large and impressive and all of these reasons are why I really do not believe Lubbock anymore than Lincoln, NE Manhattan, KS or Fayetteville AR would deter recruits. Losing is a more of a deterrent than anything else.

My Dad used to say “Winning attracts winners”.
    Fact