Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Early Favorites for Next Season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Conway, AR
    Posts
    478
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    3642

    Default Early Favorites for Next Season

    Saw a poll somewhere on Facebook that OBU will be a Top 10 team next year most likely. Can't argue with that. They should alot of dominance this year. They do need to get achieve better composure if they want similar success. Otherwise you will have a Harding or SE OK upset. Harding should be in the Top 20 as well coming in the GAC as #2. Right now I do not know a definite #3 unless we want to put SE OK or possibly Henderson. I just can't put UAM that high, and with their bowl game loss it doesn't help much. SAU will be down and be lucky to get to .500 next year with the loss of our star QB.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Saw a poll somewhere on Facebook that OBU will be a Top 10 team next year most likely. Can't argue with that. They should alot of dominance this year. They do need to get achieve better composure if they want similar success. Otherwise you will have a Harding or SE OK upset. Harding should be in the Top 20 as well coming in the GAC as #2. Right now I do not know a definite #3 unless we want to put SE OK or possibly Henderson. I just can't put UAM that high, and with their bowl game loss it doesn't help much. SAU will be down and be lucky to get to .500 next year with the loss of our star QB.
    Harding will be in rebuilding mode for the next 2 years. We lost key performers in the O line and on defense. I’m predicting 9-2 at best and more likely 8-3 or 7-4 with OBU remaining strong and Henderson and SEOK improving. With Atteberry coming to Tech the Wonder Boys could be a surprise for everyone.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    1937

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Arkansas Tech is going to be class of conference for a while. Sleeping Giant just awoke

  4. #4

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    Harding will be in rebuilding mode for the next 2 years. We lost key performers in the O line and on defense. I’m predicting 9-2 at best and more likely 8-3 or 7-4 with OBU remaining strong and Henderson and SEOK improving. With Atteberry coming to Tech the Wonder Boys could be a surprise for everyone.
    First year? That's hard for me to believe, I know they will be more competitive their second year. It looks like there has to be a rebuilding year.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    175
    Rep Power
    556

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    Arkansas Tech is going to be class of conference for a while. Sleeping Giant just awoke
    Let's hope so...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    1937

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Bytor View Post
    Let's hope so...
    Now that staff is confirmed, It’s going to be fun watching Tech blow up the conference on offense.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Pig's Knuckle, Arkansas
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    2508

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    Arkansas Tech is going to be class of conference for a while. Sleeping Giant just awoke
    Tech went 3-8 this season and then hired a guy that they got a win against...

    I'll believe it when I see it.

  8. Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
    Saw a poll somewhere on Facebook that OBU will be a Top 10 team next year most likely. Can't argue with that. They should alot of dominance this year. They do need to get achieve better composure if they want similar success. Otherwise you will have a Harding or SE OK upset. Harding should be in the Top 20 as well coming in the GAC as #2. Right now I do not know a definite #3 unless we want to put SE OK or possibly Henderson. I just can't put UAM that high, and with their bowl game loss it doesn't help much. SAU will be down and be lucky to get to .500 next year with the loss of our star QB.
    Don't count out the Weevils! Very athletic group with most position groups coming back. Big loss at QB, but they have signed a JUCO and have a youngster that will be pretty good. Team needs discipline, but should be among the top 4 in GAC

  9. #9

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Dad 52 View Post
    Don't count out the Weevils! Very athletic group with most position groups coming back. Big loss at QB, but they have signed a JUCO and have a youngster that will be pretty good. Team needs discipline, but should be among the top 4 in GAC
    I won't count them out, but they still have a lot to prove. Just lost a great Offensive Coordinator. Will the replacement get them similar numbers on Offensive? We will have to wait and see. I am sure their Defense will be good again.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    1937

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Dad 52 View Post
    Don't count out the Weevils! Very athletic group with most position groups coming back. Big loss at QB, but they have signed a JUCO and have a youngster that will be pretty good. Team needs discipline, but should be among the top 4 in GAC
    Looking forward to it! I think we will be better at QB than most suspect. Defense definitely will be better with all that are returning.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Ouachita loses KO, Drew Harris and Ladarius MacElroy on offense so that will hurt. Return almost everyone on defense and offensive line, so I think they will be pretty good again. It’ll be fun to see what kind of step Brazeal makes from his freshman to sophomore year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    GAC
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    1937

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    Looking forward to it! I think we will be better at QB than most suspect. Defense definitely will be better with all that are returning.
    DC fired?

    What in the world?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    DC fired?

    What in the world?
    The reality TV Show of UAM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    64116

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    Ouachita loses KO, Drew Harris and Ladarius MacElroy on offense so that will hurt. Return almost everyone on defense and offensive line, so I think they will be pretty good again. It’ll be fun to see what kind of step Brazeal makes from his freshman to sophomore year.
    Lose your best player on offense and defense. But, i agree, OBU will still be good. HU loses a decent amount on defense, but they've proven time and time again to reload there. I'm hoping to see the offensive jump like we saw between Park Parish first year starting at QB and the next year when he was POY. I think the conference title might be decided week 1

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,914
    Rep Power
    172233

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    Harding will be in rebuilding mode for the next 2 years. We lost key performers in the O line and on defense. I’m predicting 9-2 at best and more likely 8-3 or 7-4 with OBU remaining strong and Henderson and SEOK improving. With Atteberry coming to Tech the Wonder Boys could be a surprise for everyone.
    And Harding gets to open the season against Ouachita in Arkadelphia. Not exactly the way a "rebuilding team" would want to start the season, though the rivalry aspect sure makes it a big test for the Bisons.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    64116

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    And Harding gets to open the season against Ouachita in Arkadelphia. Not exactly the way a "rebuilding team" would want to start the season, though the rivalry aspect sure makes it a big test for the Bisons.
    My guess is it won’t be much rebuilding. That game will be very tight. And there’s zero shot we lose 4 times. I’d bet the farm on it

  17. #17

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    I think Harding could win that game.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    My guess is it won’t be much rebuilding. That game will be very tight. And there’s zero shot we lose 4 times. I’d bet the farm on it
    I agree. I’d be very surprised if we lost four in the GAC. Harding has a strong legacy of “next man up”. With all our offensively skills players returning and the development of some young lineman our offense shouldn’t drop off that much. It’s our defensive that really concerns me.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,975
    Rep Power
    64116

    Default Re: Early Favorites for Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    I agree. I’d be very surprised if we lost four in the GAC. Harding has a strong legacy of “next man up”. With all our offensively skills players returning and the development of some young lineman our offense shouldn’t drop off that much. It’s our defensive that really concerns me.
    We’ve shown better ability to reload on defense than on offense. We’ll be fine defensively.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •