Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting

Contribute to D2

Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Pitt will play him at FB
    3rd Punter.

Maybe since Anchors was a senior, we will finally go back to only having one punter, again.

3. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Pitt will play him at FB
    Start him at FB, move him to DE, develop him into a quality discus or shot putter, switch him to TE. Have him be an All American in T&F while never having an impact on FB.

That's the athlete course at Pitt State in 2019.

Lincoln Journal Star had a small article today reporting that Waverly QB Rhett Jordon and Seward QB Joseph Krause have signed with NW.

OL Tanner Smith from Ardmore OK committed to MSSU last night

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    Lincoln Journal Star had a small article today reporting that Waverly QB Rhett Jordon and Seward QB Joseph Krause have signed with NW.
    The center for Seward is coming as well, PJ Schaben.

7. Default 2019 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    So are we going to outdo Pitt’s dual-punter formation with a dual-QB formation (not the Bobbycat), so opposing Ds won’t know if we’re throwing it, running it, or faking one and doing the other? We could even give it a creative name, like the “Double Barreled Shotgun” :-).

*smile-big, because I know I’m j/k*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lleachieshusband; 01-26-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Blah Blah Blah ... more hot air coming from SEK ... They've had studs f/ Webb City and joplin kids in the past - didn't matter. The way to "endear" itself to the community is for Mssu to win ...
    It didn't work with the Webb and Joplin kids because they were on a horrible team. Not their fault.

Well, MSSU has already proven they can't win, with or without locals. Hardly anyone goes to the games anyway so it really doesn't matter if the kids are from Alabama or LA or MO.

I guess the reputation MSSU has in the area has pretty much turned off most of the HS kids. Might as well go to other States and see who you can con into coming to a no win situation.

Had a coach that was a good man in Denver. Now going to the other end of the spectrum and got a coach that will do whatever to get what he wants. Including damaging the Institution he is at.

Rock meet hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by PSR View Post
    It didn't work with the Webb and Joplin kids because they were on a horrible team. Not their fault.

Well, MSSU has already proven they can't win, with or without locals. Hardly anyone goes to the games anyway so it really doesn't matter if the kids are from Alabama or LA or MO.

I guess the reputation MSSU has in the area has pretty much turned off most of the HS kids. Might as well go to other States and see who you can con into coming to a no win situation.

Had a coach that was a good man in Denver. Now going to the other end of the spectrum and got a coach that will do whatever to get what he wants. Including damaging the Institution he is at.

Rock meet hard place.
    It’s Missouri Southern tradition to hire someone who hurts the program.

Quote Originally Posted by catz54 View Post
    It’s Missouri Southern tradition to hire someone who hurts the program.
    Both classy, well-thought out responses - Exactly what we'd expect f/ the mouth-breather fans at Pitt ...

Why is Monkey State dumping on Missouri Southern. Hey, the Lions are trying to improve their program just like everybody else.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 01-26-2019 at 05:59 PM.

I am currently at 36 verbal commits to NW...
    IH8FERRIS

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Why is Monkey State dumping on Missouri Southern. Hey, the Lions are trying to improve their program just like everybody else.
    Pitt is no longer trying to improve the program. They are on the "squeeze all the dollars out" path.

14. Default Re: 2019 Recruiting

Both classy, well-thought out responses - Exactly what we'd expect f/ the mouth-breather fans at Pitt ...
    catz54 loves the Gorillas. Loves em.

Quote Originally Posted by lleachieshusband View Post
    So are we going to outdo Pitt’s dual-punter formation with a dual-QB formation (not the Bobbycat), so opposing Ds won’t know if we’re throwing it, running it, or faking one and doing the other? We could even give it a creative name, like the “Double Barreled Shotgun” :-).

*smile-big, because I know I’m j/k*
    Reaching into the Pitt State coaching tree at Lamar HS to bring in the dual QB system? To be honest, I'm surprised we haven't already done it. I'm 99% sure it was the inspiration for the dual punter.

Pitt is no longer trying to improve the program. They are on the "squeeze all the dollars out" path.
    Something's gotta finance the basketball and baseball coaching hires.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    catz54 loves the Gorillas. Loves em.
    TeamKong charter member, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    TeamKong charter member, I believe.
    Pretty sure he actually is a member who helped wayne out with the site, but I may have him confused with some other NW fan.

I actually think GB is right that Lamar may have inspired the revolutionary dual punter formation.

Pretty sure he actually is a member who helped wayne out with the site, but I may have him confused with some other NW fan.
    I was a member of TeamKong, but haven't been on there in years. I did write an article for Wayne one time for the site and it was fun.

You have to remember that when I got to school at NW (1996) that Pitt State was the top of the MIAA and perenially one of the top in the country. We built our program to beat them, because if you beat Pitt State, you compete with literally anyone. It was a mindset. So "Pitt State Week" was a real and very important week for us as players. We focused more, practiced harder, and got ready. Obviously you try to do this for everyone, but anyone that's played a sport knows that certain teams command your attention.

All of that being said, I actually do not love Pitt State. Respect them a ton (even today), but I root against them because that's how rivalries work and for me they are a rival.

Southern had 2 coaches in the last 20 years, at least, that devistated the program. I remember Greg Gregory took a team that was one of the better in the MIAA and moved them to the basement. Daye, who everyone lauded as a savior, absolutely dismantled the team with how he recruited and what he tried to do. Denver (whom I've met and was a good to us at a coaching clinic) never had a chance. He was given a program in shambles and asked to recover it with one hand tied behind his back.

No one will ever know where Southern would be if Ware had not passed. He was pulling them out and was a good coach and good man. They haven't been able to duplicate that and from what it sounds like there is no emphasis in the program at all right now. So whomever takes over is fighting uphill. The JC guy they have now is going to Willie Fritz his way up the ladder. My guess is he's not too concerned how he leaves the program. When you build with 2 year kids, that's what's going to happen (see Daye). It's TBD though as it's all speculation. The only way to build a sustained winner in the program (see NW, Pitt, Fort Hays, Emporia) is to find 4 (or 5 if you can redshirt) year players and sprinkle in IMPACT JC kids. Otherwise you will be good short term, but have no long term plan.

For the last 20 years, Southern never seems to have a long term plan.

The last 20 years you mention - they've rarely been able to hire the coach they WANTED to get ... starting with Rocky Hager, who was all set to replace Jon Lantz (press conference scheduled before Julio changed his mind), to Ware being the fourth choice fall-back (Eric Holm, Jerry Kill among those turning them down), to Gregory being about the seventh or eighth choice. I think Bart Tatum WAS their guy - just didn't work out. Daryl was Jered's guy, I believe - and they'll have to own that. Sims was the coach they wanted from the get-go this time, it appears, and has a strong comittment from the top from what I hear. As an alum, I hope it's true. Football is THE KEY sport in Division II athletics for the entire department, IMO, and I really hope they get it moving in the right direction.

Also, I think Willie was good for Central, IMO. Drastic improvement as a coach over his predecessor ...

The last 20 years you mention - they've rarely been able to hire the coach they WANTED to get ... starting with Rocky Hager, who was all set to replace Jon Lantz (press conference scheduled before Julio changed his mind), to Ware being the fourth choice fall-back (Eric Holm, Jerry Kill among those turning them down), to Gregory being about the seventh or eighth choice. I think Bart Tatum WAS their guy - just didn't work out. Daryl was Jered's guy, I believe - and they'll have to own that. Sims was the coach they wanted from the get-go this time, it appears, and has a strong comittment from the top from what I hear. As an alum, I hope it's true. Football is THE KEY sport in Division II athletics for the entire department, IMO, and I really hope they get it moving in the right direction.

Also, I think Willie was good for Central, IMO. Drastic improvement as a coach over his predecessor ...
    Honestly, knowing the importance of High School Hoops in SWMO, especially at the small shools, I would think Basketball would be another good place for Southern and Pitt to both increase community connections.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast