Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Max Redfield

Default Max Redfield

Perusing the IUP Magazine Fall/Winter edition that just arrived and saw this news about Max Redfield in the Namedroppers section.

"Max Redfield, who was named IUP’s male Athlete of the Year at the end of the 2017-18 school year, has signed a contract with the Birmingham Iron of the Alliance of American Football, a new professional league that will begin play in the spring. Redfield earned first-team All-America honors from the American Football Coaches Association after last season."

https://www.iup.edu/magazine/2018-fa.../namedroppers/

Default Re: Max Redfield

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Perusing the IUP Magazine Fall/Winter edition that just arrived and saw this news about Max Redfield in the Namedroppers section.

"Max Redfield, who was named IUP’s male Athlete of the Year at the end of the 2017-18 school year, has signed a contract with the Birmingham Iron of the Alliance of American Football, a new professional league that will begin play in the spring. Redfield earned first-team All-America honors from the American Football Coaches Association after last season."

https://www.iup.edu/magazine/2018-fa.../namedroppers/
    Now it could also be the "charge-droppers" section...

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Just think, Max won 13 games in one year at IUP. ESU has 15 wins in its past four years combined. Call a timeout and think about that, ...

I think that comment is neither necessary nor relevant.

The hate just never stops.

At least we don’t run ignorant messages across our nice video board. That’s just for loser schools.

6. Default Re: Max Redfield

By all accounts that I have understood Max was nothing but a very good person, player and teammate during his time at IUP.

He certainly was stellar on the field and IUP missed his services BADLY in the semifinal loss to WFU. He was that much of a difference maker for IUP.

In regards to his character---he was back on the IUP sideline at an early season game as he came back from his native California to visit and to drop off the program a check.

I only wish we had more Max Redfields to be honest.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    By all accounts that I have understood Max was nothing but a very good person, player and teammate during his time at IUP.

He certainly was stellar on the field and IUP missed his services BADLY in the semifinal loss to WFU. He was that much of a difference maker for IUP.

In regards to his character---he was back on the IUP sideline at an early season game as he came back from his native California to visit and to drop off the program a check.

I only wish we had more Max Redfields to be honest.

-

Fantastic point. Think about this ... what did this year's team SORELY miss?

I don't think -- I know -- all the b.s. on the sidelines and in the locker room was not going to happen, routinely, with Max still there.

[QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;2335175]Fantastic point. Think about this ... what did this year's team SORELY miss?

Conjugal visits??

[QUOTE=WarriorVoice;2335189]
    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Conjugal visits??
    Missed playing some scrubs like ESU, too.

[QUOTE=WarriorVoice;2335189]
    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Conjugal visits??

Sad.

[QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;2335213]

Missed playing some scrubs like ESU, too.

He’s just mad that a player of Max’s caliber would never set foot at ESU unless they live to bask in mediocrity.

12. Default Re: Max Redfield

I prefer to take this as some good natured IUP ball busting by our friend WarriorVoice, and if this is part of a New Year’s resolution to not be so darn angry all the time, then I support him in his efforts.

I saw it as a personal attack on the young man. That's different than trash talking about each other's schools or coaches. Also different than attacks on other posters who can always defend themselves. Jus' sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I prefer to take this as some good natured IUP ball busting by our friend WarriorVoice, and if this is part of a New Year’s resolution to not be so darn angry all the time, then I support him in his efforts.

Just wait until next season when St Jimmy is in full control on the sideline. The fanboy gushing from the Poconos will be unbearable.

I saw it as a personal attack on the young man. That's different than trash talking about each other's schools or coaches. Also different than attacks on other posters who can always defend themselves. Jus' sayin'.
    Cyber muscles are way worse than beer muscles.

At least with beer muscles, in the old days, the person flexing them likely got knocked out shortly after.

Like when IUPbigINDIANS called walk-ons at WCU morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Like when IUPbigINDIANS called walk-ons at WCU morons.
    It's 'walk-ons'

And I had such high hopes for this thread.

What about this Alliance of American Football? Not the catchiest name, I'd say.

19. Default Re: Max Redfield

And I had such high hopes for this thread.

What about this Alliance of American Football? Not the catchiest name, I'd say.
    The name won’t matter. No one wants to watch “pro” football in the spring. For the sake of Max and everybody else getting the chance to get paid to keep playing ball, I hope it sticks, but history does not bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    The name won’t matter. No one wants to watch “pro” football in the spring. For the sake of Max and everybody else getting the chance to get paid to keep playing ball, I hope it sticks, but history does not bode well.
    Regarding watching football in the Spring, I beg to differ. Football fans never get tired of it. The XFL tried too hard to be different than the NFL, and I feel that was their major problem...Football fans don't need to see "He Hate Me" on the back of the jersey to enjoy football...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast