Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WLU Recruting

Contribute to D2

Default WLU Recruting

WLU signed:

Dakota Williams, WR, 6'3", 180, Hurricane HS WV.

WV 100M and 200M champ. Will be on campus starting in this semester.

Default Re: WLU Recruting

Looks like a pretty solid signing:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9333748...b43c23f4b56eb9

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    He has speed to burn, that's for sure. Looks like a hand catcher from the tape which is a plus. Not your typical burner type who are usually much shorter and lighter. He was apparently supposed to go the JUCO route at Western Arizona after his All-WV season in 2017 but it doesn't seem like he actually went.

4. Default Re: WLU Recruting

That's a great add for Keller. Keller says that kid is a 10.5 100 and that's blazing in D2. Especially at 6'3.

I don't know how WV State missed out on the kid when he was right down the road!!!! SMH.

This is Kellars first recruiting year with the Toppers. I think it will pay dividends. God knows they have a lot of holes to fill but at least from the outside, it looks like they are at least making a serious effort to fill them.

He11, they even made an offer to a HS Junior. I don't think they have ever done that before!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 01-03-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Any other known early enrollees? Starting my final semester Monday, not sure if I should feel excited or nauseous...

I would imagine there are a couple of JUCO's but unless the team confirms (such as this case) or the player does, no way of knowing.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 01-05-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step!!!!

10. Default Re: WLU Recruting

You win football games January thru August, not Sept thru Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticCoach View Post
    You win football games January thru August, not Sept thru Nov.
    To paraphrase a quote I've tried to live by...To be good you have to be good when no one is watching you.

I hope WLU has taken that to heart and is making an effort to truly be good when no one is watching during the off season. At least the little bit we can see it seems like they have changed a number of things that should contribute to game day success...when people are watching.

Are you tracking the WL signees Boat? Saw a few OVAC kids sign to us but let a few good ones in their own backyard get away

Edit: They’re posting them on twitter now https://twitter.com/wlathletics/stat...104352768?s=21
    Last edited by Layton; 02-06-2019 at 02:51 PM.

13. Default Re: WLU Recruting

Are you tracking the WL signees Boat? Saw a few OVAC kids sign to us but let a few good ones in their own backyard get away

Edit: They’re posting them on twitter now https://twitter.com/wlathletics/stat...104352768?s=21
    Just because a kid is from the OVAC and doesn’t choose WL doesn’t mean anyone “let them get away”. There are a lot reasons a kid may go somewhere other than WL that have nothing to do with WL or how they were recruited. Family may have went to the school they chose. Believe it or not a girlfriend may be going to that school, happens more than you think. Money may be better at the other school. No idea who you may be referring to as “some good ones” but that is all an opinion and may not have been seen as “good” or already had commitments that filled the need in that position.
    BTW - the OVAC overall in football is not a hotbed of talent and I couldn’t imagine more than 25-30 kids overall who are capable of playing at the D2 level anyway.
    From what I see, they have surpassed anything they have done recruiting wise in the last decade so good for them. It really doesn’t matter anyway because they could have the #1 recruiting class in D2 and you haters and ones who support to their face and criticize behind a screen name would still find fault because they didn’t sign someone that you think “got away”.

Naw...Got a big case going at work and it's eating about 18 hours of my day. Going to have to bow out this year. But it looks like WLU has stepped up and is posting all their signees on Twitter. If I count correct we signed 26 on the first day including three former D1 transfers! Also picked up a transfer QB from Cal.

Things clearly have changed at WLU which is a very positive sign! Don't know if these cat's can play but TWENTY SIX first day signees is a huge departure from previous years!!!

Love the use of Twitter and the hashtag #GoWLU...But I'd advise adding the players Twitter handle to the posting for each signing. That way the player and all his followers see that he signed at WLU...get's West Liberty's name out to a wider audience and perhaps influences future players to follow "their boy" at WLU.

Agree about twitter, this does look like a better than usual. The transfers look solid

If my count is correct it's 9 from WV, 7 from OH and 5 from PA as well as onesies and twosies from several other states.

Agree about twitter, this does look like a better than usual. The transfers look solid
    There's also a pretty cool two part video on Twitter about the signing class as well as a story on the WLU athletic site.

This is a COMPLETE departure from how WLU did recruiting since I've been following them. All years past it seemed WLU got most of their recruits in the post NSD period and wouldnt make any sort of public announcement until April or May. Weve already mentioned a time or two that their social media effort was zero.

Dont know who is leading the recruting style change but whom ever it is, the change has been dramatic. If it was the HC...Kudos to him. If it was Kellar or a collection of coaches...Kudos as well.

This class seems to be better, at least on paper, than any WLU football recruting class in probably 10 years. Now its up to the coaches to coach them up.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    There's also a pretty cool two part video on Twitter about the signing class as well as a story on the WLU athletic site.

This is a COMPLETE departure from how WLU did recruiting since I've been following them. All years past it seemed WLU got most of their recruits in the post NSD period and wouldnt make any sort of public announcement until April or May. Weve already mentioned a time or two that their social media effort was zero.

Dont know who is leading the recruting style change but whom ever it is, the change has been dramatic. If it was the HC...Kudos to him. If it was Kellar or a collection of coaches...Kudos as well.

This class seems to be better, at least on paper, than any WLU football recruting class in probably 10 years. Now its up to the coaches to coach them up.
    Their graphic game still needs work but it is a drastic improvement compared to before. I saw on twitter that this Brian Wells guys seems to be the main strength and conditioning guy now for a lot of sports. Do you know if he’s new? That’s another extremely important aspect to being successful and he seems to be doing a good job and very active on twitter

Three late additions:

Kenny Watson, Centenial HS FL
    Shane Hercules, John Marshall HS WV
    Jordan Wood, John Marshall HS WV

Wood is a QB out of John Marshall...huuuummm...
    Last edited by boatcapt; 02-27-2019 at 05:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast