Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: WLU Recruting

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    How about West Boat University ?
    Hahaha!! Don't think they want me to have anything to do with WLU beyond stroking them a check!!

    I'd ask tough questions like, "Do you believe it's a major part of a Head Coaches duties to win football games?" and "What do you think should be done with a Head Coach who has had two winning seasons in the last eight years?" and the big question "Why exactly should I retain you?"

  2. Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    If it happens, they will get what they deserve. By almost any metric you chose to use, Kellar is clearly a better head coach. If he does go to Glenville, they will be competing for the MEC title and the NCAA playoffs in two years. Only thing WLU could hope for is that he struck gold in his one season recruiting for the Toppers.
    Until all the recruits who chose WLU because of Kellar ask to get releases from their commitments and go to Glenville.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenontheHill View Post
    Until all the recruits who chose WLU because of Kellar ask to get releases from their commitments and go to Glenville.
    There could be some but I doubt it would be all. I would imagine that Glenville's team is "full" from a scholly $ standpoint so a WLU recruit that is getting a chilly $'s but wishing to transfer would be doing it for free. Second, while some of the recruits had some interaction with the OC, that direct interaction was probably small when you compare it with the players position group coach. Third, WLU has it in their power to prevent a player from transferring or limiting the schools the player can transfer to. Simple solution for them is to say, you can transfer, but not to Glanville.

  4. #44

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    There could be some but I doubt it would be all. I would imagine that Glenville's team is "full" from a scholly $ standpoint so a WLU recruit that is getting a chilly $'s but wishing to transfer would be doing it for free. Second, while some of the recruits had some interaction with the OC, that direct interaction was probably small when you compare it with the players position group coach. Third, WLU has it in their power to prevent a player from transferring or limiting the schools the player can transfer to. Simple solution for them is to say, you can transfer, but not to Glanville.
    It has to be tough to recruit down there (GSU).

  5. #45
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It has to be tough to recruit down there (GSU).
    I dont know this for sure, but I believe GSU is in the 10 to 15 scolly range.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Add:

    AJ Wilson, DE/LB, 6'1", 250 lb, St Mary's Ryken HS MD. https://www.hudl.com/profile/6329514/Anthony-Wilson

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    I'll lump this in with recruiting. Add to the coaching staff:

    Brandon Tate, TE/H-Back Coach. Tate is a 2006 graduate of WVU were he was a TE. Immediately before WLU he was a Recruiting Specialist at Mississippi State. Before that he was a HS HC in Mississippi and a Grad Asst at WVU and Marshal.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Add:

    Jonah Phares, K/P, 6'1", 160, University HS WV

  9. #49

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Are all of the positions filled yet? I know we should have a few new coaches this year. Kellar, Amedro, Estrada I believe are all gone. I also saw one of our strength guys took an internship with Ohio state

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by Layton View Post
    Are all of the positions filled yet? I know we should have a few new coaches this year. Kellar, Amedro, Estrada I believe are all gone. I also saw one of our strength guys took an internship with Ohio state
    There's Brandon Tate who is the TE/Receivers Coach and our HC mentioned a cat named "Josh Miller" is our QB coach. The WLU coaching roster on the website is updated and includes the profiles for these two. After having Kellar for one season, looks like we aren't going to have an Offensive Coordinator again this year. That will be 6 of the last 7 years we haven't had a dedicated OC...How's that worked out for us???

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Upper Frog Hollow, WV
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    1056

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Taking forever to get the football schedule out! I think it's looking like WL can have a banner year this season. If Wheeling Jesuit is scheduled with their one year JV experienced team, Frostburg may not have their roster up to D2 levels yet, Wesleyans coach leaving unexpected and maybe steal one more game. Woopie, maybe 4 wins this year!!

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsnut View Post
    Taking forever to get the football schedule out! I think it's looking like WL can have a banner year this season. If Wheeling Jesuit is scheduled with their one year JV experienced team, Frostburg may not have their roster up to D2 levels yet, Wesleyans coach leaving unexpected and maybe steal one more game. Woopie, maybe 4 wins this year!!
    My way too early prediction for these three games:

    We beat WJU by 3 points, 10-7.
    We lose by 14 to Frostburg, 21-7.
    We lose by 21 to WV Wesleyan 28-7.

    Injuries and breaking in new players is blamed. HC stays and says the team is "just around the corner" from being good (note: "good" is defined as 6-5).

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Upper Frog Hollow, WV
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    1056

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Wow, Boat you must really have them penciled in for a bad year, even in WL terms. What are you thinking, one win?

  14. #54
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,105
    Rep Power
    308570

    Default Re: WLU Recruting

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsnut View Post
    Wow, Boat you must really have them penciled in for a bad year, even in WL terms. What are you thinking, one win?
    Got to get back on schedule! Last season was supposed to be 2 wins but we exceeded expectations and won 3!!!! Have to prove that that was an aberration!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •