Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Kerwin Bell

Default Re: Kerwin Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    My guess is that is the result of a father trying to guide along his son within the constraints of a D-II budget.
    Ive heard the Leniore Rhyne coach could be in play.

Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    In the title game, the broadcast crew seemed to portray him as "the" signal caller with Daddy Bell having veto authority. It's kinda weird that his job title, duties there were a bit of a secret.

He fully lists himself as OC of the National Championship team.
    Interestingly, Kade was officially a “GA - quarterbacks” coach, while Darveau is listed as “offensive line - run coordinator”. Coach Bell did regularly credit Kade on the show as the main play caller, with himself holding final say and Darveau overseeing the running game. It really was a team-coaching effort with Kerwin as the leader.

I really like Kade and think he has a great future in coaching, but the chances of a new HC officially making him the OC are not high, and I think his chances of being chosen as head coach are non-existent. But the good Lord knows I’ve been wrong before...

Quote Originally Posted by Braves'86 View Post
    My guess is that is the result of a father trying to guide along his son within the constraints of a D-II budget.
    Good call. The Blazers didn’t have an official “offensive coordinator” on the coaching staff, and bringing along Kade allowed Kerwin to be more of a “big picture” guy. Can’t argue with the results!

Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    I mean, he was Coach of the Year - but this just seems bleh for VSU. IMO

5. Default Re: Kerwin Bell

Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    I mean, he was Coach of the Year - but this just seems bleh for VSU. IMO
    As a HC, Drew Cronic is 34-5 with two conference championships in three seasons. He has made it to both the NAIA and NCAA quarterfinals.

His father was a long time successful high school coach in GA prior to taking the HC position at Reinhardt.

His brother played QB at VSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Rational Observer View Post
    As a HC, Drew Cronic is 34-5 with two conference championships in three seasons. He has made it to both the NAIA and NCAA quarterfinals.

His father was a long time successful high school coach in GA prior to taking the HC position at Reinhardt.

His brother played QB at VSU.
    Very interesting.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456