Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 155

Thread: Kerwin Bell

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    WolfBreed 2.0
    Posts
    1,703
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    345361

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    Dickey as the AD can only do with what he has to work with, we all have agreed that money is an issue, not sure why we keep going after Dickey, kind of silly to me. Anyway, how about Dusty Bonner as the new VSU coach.
    Ehhh - Dickey has his hands over a lot of of the "what he has to work with."

    It's gotten better over the past calendar year, but there are still internal members of the department that Dickey needs to be more forceful with in their roles and lack of production.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    8,353
    Rep Power
    640465

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    well....this sucks. First call I would make if I was VSU is to Rush Propst!
    IMO, Propst lacks the demeanor and professionalism necessary for a head coaching job at the collegiate level.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    363591

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    IMO, Propst lacks the demeanor and professionalism necessary for a head coaching job at the collegiate level.
    I've heard the same thing, BUT just for grins or maybe for charity a spitting contest between Propst and Bell would be one HELL of an attraction.
    I'd hold it on pavement, since grass would never grow where either of them had spit.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    WolfBreed 2.0
    Posts
    1,703
    Rep Power
    345361

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by larold View Post
    i've heard the same thing, but just for grins or maybe for charity a spitting contest between propst and bell would be one hell of an attraction.
    I'd hold it on pavement, since grass would never grow where either of them had spit.
    lol this is gold

  5. #45

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    Ehhh - Dickey has his hands over a lot of of the "what he has to work with."

    It's gotten better over the past calendar year, but there are still internal members of the department that Dickey needs to be more forceful with in their roles and lack of production.
    Pretty sure you could say that for most of the ADs out there. What do you want, a carousel of hiring and firing ? Who do you replace all the people that you want fired with? You replace them with the same d-2 qualified type of person that you just fired. It’s d-2. Your lucky we got what we got.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    WolfBreed 2.0
    Posts
    1,703
    Rep Power
    345361

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    Pretty sure you could say that for most of the ADs out there. What do you want, a carousel of hiring and firing ? Who do you replace all the people that you want fired with? You replace them with the same d-2 qualified type of person that you just fired. It’s d-2. Your lucky we got what we got.
    I disagree, entirely. But, it's all moot.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Propst would be unstoppable at VSU. he already Recruits pretty well at the high school level. Imagine what he could do when it is legal to recruit. He would not be taking a pay-cut from what i heard we were paying Bell. Bell was at VSU basketball game last night so maybe there's a chance he stays. If Propst wants to move up the coaching ladder, vsu is the step in that direction more than a HS coach.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Valdosta
    Posts
    5,962
    Rep Power
    151509

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    Propst would be unstoppable at VSU.
    If they hire Probst someone let me know when he’s gone so I can start supporting my school again.

    There’s more to the game of football than just winning ball games.

  9. Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    We do not need Propst at VSU! He probably needs to go back to Alabama!

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    4,282
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    Propst would be unstoppable at VSU. .

    There is ZERO chance our AD would hire him. Nada.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    we would be lucky to get a coach like Propst, All the man does is win. Thats what im looking for in a football coach. He has done a lot for his players and for that community. He would be an awesome recruiter and could take the team we have and win immediately. there is no doubt about that. And every football player in Georgia and Alabama knows of him and his ability when he walks into their living room. Yes he has a past but who hasn't.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    8,353
    Rep Power
    640465

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    we would be lucky to get a coach like Propst, All the man does is win. Thats what im looking for in a football coach. He has done a lot for his players and for that community. He would be an awesome recruiter and could take the team we have and win immediately. there is no doubt about that. And every football player in Georgia and Alabama knows of him and his ability when he walks into their living room. Yes he has a past but who hasn't.
    Hundreds of other coaches.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    none like him. so now we are losing Bell and Verpeale and possibly Darveaux. I think we need to hire an outside guy.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,816
    Rep Power
    250104

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    none like him. so now we are losing Bell and Verpeale and possibly Darveaux. I think we need to hire an outside guy.
    Dickey's your guy.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    8,353
    Rep Power
    640465

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    I imagine folks are tripping over themselves to apply for this job.

    Just look at the players coming back! I mean, wow. It's a coach's dream.

    Would Dean return?

  16. #56

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    I imagine folks are tripping over themselves to apply for this job.
    Just look at the players coming back! I mean, wow. It's a coach's dream.

    Would Dean return?
    I heard Dean and possibly his predecessor may both be interested.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    WolfBreed 2.0
    Posts
    1,703
    Rep Power
    345361

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    Would Dean return?
    There's a myriad of angles that make this a possibility.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    2,686
    Rep Power
    363591

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by VSUBlaze View Post
    I heard Dean and possibly his predecessor may both be interested.
    Dean's predecessor?

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    8,353
    Rep Power
    640465

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    Dean's predecessor?
    Hatcher? Thought that was a stretch until I just read this by Ed in 2016:

    Update: Hatcher deal with VSU becoming unlikely

  20. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,816
    Rep Power
    250104

    Default Re: Kerwin Bell

    Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    Hatcher? Thought that was a stretch until I just read this by Ed in 2016:

    Update: Hatcher deal with VSU becoming unlikely
    I know his record ain't great but Samford would counter with something hard to match in D-II, higher than $200K.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •