Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kerwin Bell

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Kerwin Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    but one must wonder if Wells would have been QB if not for the Bell/Jacksonville connection.
    or if they weren't allowed to offer in-state tuition to all five border states. Half their roster is from out of state. Wells is from S.C. I don't think he has any connection to Jacksonville.

#notsaltyatall

Did Matthew Clay get his new sound system?

Kerwin to USF is just about a done deal.

I have the perfect recommendation for the next VSU Head Coach - Darryl Dickey.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    Kerwin to USF is just about a done deal.

I have the perfect recommendation for the next VSU Head Coach - Darryl Dickey.
    He spent a lot of time in our stadium these last few games (and I think I saw him at the NC as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
    He spent a lot of time in our stadium these last few games (and I think I saw him at the NC as well).
    He's about as stable as they come. Consistent. Average. Won't ask much of anyone. Won't leave.

USF OC Target Kerwin Bell Is On Campus

https://247sports.com/college/south-...day-127207577/

well....this sucks. First call I would make if I was VSU is to Rush Propst!

Wonder how many of the other coaches will be leaving......

I won't ever forget Coach Darveau and how he stepped in when Dean left and recruited like a mad man. Boy he held it all together until Bell was hired.

#BlazerNation

Quote Originally Posted by deanmachine View Post
    I doubt he'll take the pay cut just to leave an indoor practice facility and a better weight room than pretty much everyone in the GSC.

https://colquittcountypackerfootball...m-high-school/

9. Default Re: Kerwin Bell

Wells’s Uncle is Daryl Dickey (UWG AD), his grandfather is Doug Dickey (Former HC at UF and AD at Tenn.) His brother is Rylan Wells (Former QB at JU & Kade Bell’s backup). Pretty sure Kerwin Bell had EVERYTHING to do with Rogan being at VSU. Know your team!!!*

If Darveau leave is there anyone on staff left that would be a good fit as Head Coach of the Blazers??

Quote Originally Posted by VSU Floridian View Post
    Wells’s Uncle is Daryl Dickey (UWG AD), his grandfather is Doug Dickey (Former HC at UF and AD at Tenn.) His brother is Rylan Wells (Former QB at JU & Kade Bell’s backup). Pretty sure Kerwin Bell had EVERYTHING to do with Rogan being at VSU. Know your team!!!*

If Darveau leave is there anyone on staff left that would be a good fit as Head Coach of the Blazers??
    Adds to the point to hire Darryl! Do it, Blazers!

Adds to the point to hire Darryl! Do it, Blazers!
    Does anyone else know your joking? Say what you want about Dickey, he lead WG out of probation and left a nice O line and some really good pieces for coach Hall to work with. I’m just not a Dickey hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Superwolfe View Post
    Does anyone else know your joking? Say what you want about Dickey, he lead WG out of probation and left a nice O line and some really good pieces for coach Hall to work with. I’m just not a Dickey hater.
    I'm actually semi-serious. Darryl was the ultimate stabilizer - and did exactly as you said.

Now, my opinion of Darryl as the AD has soured, but I still believe he's a stand up guy and wouldn't be a bad choice is VSU wants to level out a little.

Quote Originally Posted by VSU Floridian View Post
    Know your team!!!*

You don't know your team/coaches?

I'm actually semi-serious. Darryl was the ultimate stabilizer - and did exactly as you said.

Now, my opinion of Darryl as the AD has soured, but I still believe he's a stand up guy and wouldn't be a bad choice is VSU wants to level out a little.
    Dickey as the AD can only do with what he has to work with, we all have agreed that money is an issue, not sure why we keep going after Dickey, kind of silly to me. Anyway, how about Dusty Bonner as the new VSU coach.

Dickey as the AD can only do with what he has to work with, we all have agreed that money is an issue, not sure why we keep going after Dickey, kind of silly to me. Anyway, how about Dusty Bonner as the new VSU coach.
    I don't think it would take any of us long to come up with a list of former Blazers who are now coaching in successful programs....some who would love to return to their alma mater.

#BlazerNation

Dickey as the AD can only do with what he has to work with, we all have agreed that money is an issue, not sure why we keep going after Dickey, kind of silly to me.
    1. Because the people whose job it is to raise money are not doing it very well, the work for Dickey and he does not hold them accountable. Eddie Duffey was the only one with any enthusiasm about it.
    2. The person responsible for overpricing tickets also works for Dickey and they clearly blew that call. If you can price widgets at $1 and sell twice as many as you would pricing them at $1.50 that should be an easy call, given the other associated expenses wouldn't change much.

The more astute forum members will remember me posting about the need to create a fan survey where I listed questions they need answers for. If you could find old posts easier you'd see some of my questions are in the survey sent out, like how far people drive to the game. Maybe somebody is listening for once.

I agree totally

Not sure I agree. I Googled him, and see he comes with baggage. He has an explosive temper, as several articles pointed out,.
    Does he win at the high school level? No doubt. But I think there is a reason he has not been offered any college coaching positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Not sure I agree. I Googled him, and see he comes with baggage. He has an explosive temper, as several articles pointed out,.
    Does he win at the high school level? No doubt. But I think there is a reason he has not been offered any college coaching positions.
    Agree.

#BlazerNation

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    VSU shouldn't want him. I assure you that your assessment is 110% accurate.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast