Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is Notre Dame in Playoffs?

Default Why is Notre Dame in Playoffs?

This a money grab and a pathetic joke that ND is in playoffs. They’ve played no one but Michigan all year. NCAA should nullify them until they can join a conference from playoffs. Ohio State should’ve never been left out.

And, for those worried about Alabama schedule, then go check out the ND schedule. Ball State, Wake Forest, Navy, Vandy. Very few ranked teams and only Michigan inside top 10.

Can’t wait to see them get blown out by Clemson.

Default Re: Why is Notre Dame in Playoffs?

If Florida and Michigan are top ten teams, they might as well put ND in the playoffs.

I think that a lot of LSC skill players could play on those teams. Mediocre QB play and way to many dropped passes. It may just be this game but I expected a lot more from these guys.

At the game. Pretty fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I think that a lot of LSC skill players could play on those teams. Mediocre QB play and way to many dropped passes. It may just be this game but I expected a lot more from these guys.
    I think you're delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    This a money grab and a pathetic joke that ND is in playoffs. They’ve played no one but Michigan all year.NCAA should nullify them until they can join a conference from playoffs.
    For starters the NCAA DOES NOT control the FBS postseason bowl games or championship. The FBS conferences (mainly the P5) and several corporations run it.

Also, Notre Dame is kinda, sorta in the ACC without having to play a full ACC schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by 4_tattoos View Post
    For starters the NCAA DOES NOT control the FBS postseason bowl games or championship. The FBS conferences (mainly the P5) and several corporations run it.

Also, Notre Dame is kinda, sorta in the ACC without having to play a full ACC schedule.
    Kinda sorta NOT in a conference and over rated. First game all year they are playing a top tier team and they looked out of place in the first half.

Poor choice. Pick a Conference champion.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

No one dislikes Notre Dame more than I do. But they were 12-0 and deserve to be in. If they were 11-1 then no, because they didn't have a conference championship game.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    No one dislikes Notre Dame more than I do. But they were 12-0 and deserve to be in. If they were 11-1 then no, because they didn't have a conference championship game.
    This team is 12-0 because they didn’t play anyone. Michigan was there only signature win and Florida & Ohio State made them look average.

Nope, they can join a conference or sit home. Maybe PAC 12, no way do they win any other P5 conference this year. I promise you if Ohio State we’re in this game it would be in question as to who would win until late. The only question now is it going to be a blowout?

Btw, Central Fla is 12-0 also and no they do not belong either.
    Last edited by Techster88; 12-29-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Guess this game was proof ND shouldn’t have been invited. There needs to be accountability for those who wanted to see this sacrificial lamb take a beating.

Conference champs or battle tested teams only. LSU or Georgia would’ve been a better game. Ohio State should’ve been here today.

Notre Dame should’ve played Central Florida. I can’t remember the last they were really good. Seriously, have they won a major bowl since 2000? Lou Holtz teams were good after him I can’t say. This year’s team was only as good as who they played. Maybe they should join Big 10 football and actually earn their way here. Sad day for the so called college playoffs.

Guess this game was proof ND shouldn’t have been invited. There needs to be accountability for those who wanted to see this sacrificial lamb take a beating.

Conference champs or battle tested teams only. LSU or Georgia would’ve been a better game. Ohio State should’ve been here today.

Notre Dame should’ve played Central Florida. I can’t remember the last they were really good. Seriously, have they won a major bowl since 2000? Lou Holtz teams were good after him I can’t say. This year’s team was only as good as who they played. Maybe they should join Big 10 football and actually earn their way here. Sad day for the so called college playoffs.
    30-3 is pretty bad. However Notre Dame is a safe bet for attendance since they have fans in every city, with plenty more watching from home. Plus those that dislike Notre Dame will watch to see them lose.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    30-3 is pretty bad. However Notre Dame is a safe bet for attendance since they have fans in every city, with plenty more watching from home. Plus those that dislike Notre Dame will watch to see them lose.
    Agreed. That’s why I said it was a money grab. Unfortunately, it’s discredits the whole college playoffs. Does anyone other than some Irish homer believe they were a top 4 team. You basically handed Clemson a bye.

Football doesn’t care about popularity or my beloved Cowboys would’ve already won a few more Lombardi trophies. Playing off name seldom if ever wins championships.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    I think that a lot of LSC skill players could play on those teams.
    Um....no. But I wish it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    Um....no. But I wish it was true.
    Lol, one of the most outlandish comments on the forum...which is saying a lot.

Why did APU or UIndy make the playoffs? Their record was better than the other teams. If it was up to me they expand it to around 20% of teams able to compete for a national title like every other sport.
    Basketball 68/351= 19.2%
    Baseball 64/300= 21.3%
    Softball 64/286= 22.4%
    Volleyball 64/330= 19.4%
    Football 4/129= 3.1%
    Every team sport has around the same number of teams to compete for the championship except football. Do what you need to do to the regular season to allow that to happen.

FACT.....It was going to be Clemson vs Alabama no matter who played either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    Why did APU or UIndy make the playoffs? Their record was better than the other teams. If it was up to me they expand it to around 20% of teams able to compete for a national title like every other sport.
    Basketball 68/351= 19.2%
    Baseball 64/300= 21.3%
    Softball 64/286= 22.4%
    Volleyball 64/330= 19.4%
    Football 4/129= 3.1%
    Every team sport has around the same number of teams to compete for the championship except football. Do what you need to do to the regular season to allow that to happen.
    Exactly my point! Join a Conference and prove that you belong by beating the best your Conference has to offer. Don’t pick and choose so that you can control who you play.

NO TEAM outside a Conference should be invited period. Say what you will but Notre Dame was a pathetic joke for a college playoff team. Got their azzes embarrassed on national television. They are easily a two loss team in every P5 Conference.

Plain and simple it was a money grab for those who voted. They knew this team was not a top ten program and didn’t care because wallets got padded.

Btw, Oklahoma would’ve smoked ND like a cheap cigar also!

Exactly my point! Join a Conference and prove that you belong by beating the best your Conference has to offer. Don’t pick and choose so that you can control who you play.

NO TEAM outside a Conference should be invited period. Say what you will but Notre Dame was a pathetic joke for a college playoff team. Got their azzes embarrassed on national television. They are easily a two loss team in every P5 Conference.

Plain and simple it was a money grab for those who voted. They knew this team was not a top ten program and didn’t care because wallets got padded.

Btw, Oklahoma would’ve smoked ND like a cheap cigar also!
    You sound like a snowflake.....SOOO D@MN FUNNY. Thats for the laughs.

In the history of College football, out of 130 teams, ND ranks 4th all time in # of NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

They are the most popular with the largest National fan base. They are also the 6th most hated team. Kinda sounds like the Dallas Cowboys. (Which is MY beloved team).

Maybe tomorrow you will wake up and not be the 4 year old version of yourself. LMAO.

Happy NewYear.

#RollTide

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    You sound like a snowflake.....SOOO D@MN FUNNY. Thats for the laughs.

In the history of College football, out of 130 teams, ND ranks 4th all time in # of NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS.

They are the most popular with the largest National fan base. They are also the 6th most hated team. Kinda sounds like the Dallas Cowboys. (Which is MY beloved team).

Maybe tomorrow you will wake up and not be the 4 year old version of yourself. LMAO.

Happy NewYear.

#RollTide
    So, you think ND deserved the invite over Ohio State? If so, please explain.

Also, when is the last time they won a major bowl? Yes, glory years are killing the present and future.

They didn’t get blown out by Purdue. That’s all the explanation needed.

So, you think ND deserved the invite over Ohio State? If so, please explain.

Also, when is the last time they won a major bowl? Yes, glory years are killing the present and future.

These blowouts underscore the fact that a 4-team playoff is too many. Let’s go back to 2.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast