Thread: Any other great Coach’s Shows out there?

Contribute to D2

Default Any other great Coach’s Shows out there?

What are some of the best-produced or favorite coach’s shows from around the D2 world?

While I am partial (ahem) to the Kerwin Bell Show at www.vsufootball.com, I am not above “borrowing” ideas from other shows. Anything to make the show Crash&Annie produces for the Valdosta State Blazers a better, more informational, more educational show!

Let me know what is out there and where to find it online. Looking to learn, and maybe others can find a new show to follow as well!

Default Re: Any other great Coach’s Shows out there?

Pitt does a radio show and a tv show.

Radio is live from local establishments that change from year to year. The do prizes, ticket giveaways, etc...

TV is in studio on a local TV station with a sports anchor doing it.

Both are well made, but both are done to cater to the University. In other words. No hard questions for the coach. Lots of "tell me how great Pitt is" questions in the player interviews, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Pitt does a radio show and a tv show.

Radio is live from local establishments that change from year to year. The do prizes, ticket giveaways, etc...

TV is in studio on a local TV station with a sports anchor doing it.

Both are well made, but both are done to cater to the University. In other words. No hard questions for the coach. Lots of "tell me how great Pitt is" questions in the player interviews, etc...
    Is it online anywhere?

VSU moved to a web-only show about five years ago, in part due to logistics. The coach, Dick Rockey (then Voice of the Blazers) and I would be driving at all hours to shoot the show at 6am for a noon broadcast time. It got dangerous, especially after leaving Valdosta at 5 am the previous day to drive to West Al or North Al (we usually flew to Mississippi and Arkansas).

Anyway, the web show works well. No constraints on length though we try to keep it around 30 minutes. The NC show stretched to over 50! It also lets me run as many highlights as necessary, which was more important this year than last (more scoring). Finally, it gives fans from out of town a chance to see the show. We get questions from Colorado, Delaware. Kentucky, California, even the Bahamas!

https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/s...t-4/1435810038

The TV episodes are hard to find, but I linked one.

I think the radio is archived, but I don't know where. The station is ESPN 100.7.

I've never listened to the bball coaches show, but I assume the format is similar
    http://kpreps.com/kansas/news/?id=11...l-coaches-show
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 12-31-2018 at 11:53 AM.

In commerce they do a facebook live stream once a week from a local restaurant that goes for about 90 minutes. It features coaches/administration/athletes from the various sports that are active. It isnt the best produced thing Ive ever seen, but its fun if you are down with the Lions. If you are interested, let me know and I will try to find a link.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    In commerce they do a facebook live stream once a week from a local restaurant that goes for about 90 minutes. It features coaches/administration/athletes from the various sports that are active. It isnt the best produced thing Ive ever seen, but its fun if you are down with the Lions. If you are interested, let me know and I will try to find a link.
    There is a Kerwin Bell radio show that follows a similar format, hosted by Spencer Van Horn. Doing it as a Live video stream is a pretty cool idea!

Would love to see one if there is a link somewhere. I cancelled my FB account earlier in the year, so that might be an issue...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashandannie View Post
    What are some of the best-produced or favorite coach’s shows from around the D2 world?

While I am partial (ahem) to the Kerwin Bell Show at www.vsufootball.com, I am not above “borrowing” ideas from other shows. Anything to make the show Crash&Annie produces for the Valdosta State Blazers a better, more informational, more educational show!

Let me know what is out there and where to find it online. Looking to learn, and maybe others can find a new show to follow as well!
    First one that comes to mind in the NSIC....the long-running Tom Sawyer Show....Head Coach of Winona State. They do a solid job with it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kT4hq1NwRQ&t=4s

UWF has The Coach Shinnick Show during football season and Argo Sports Weekly the rest of the year. I believe most episodes are available on youtube and on GoArgos.com