Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 246

Thread: WT football

  1. #1

    Default WT football

    Chip. do you know who is WT''s first opponent is at the new stadium?

  2. Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by exbuff72 View Post
    Chip. do you know who is WT''s first opponent is at the new stadium?
    Azusa Pacific is listed on the WT Butts schedule as the opening opponent.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,837
    Rep Power
    688378

    Default Re: WT football

    On "thelscscoop.blogspot.com," WT is listed with 116 offers ( I only counted once, ha!. I may have missed one). Yes, 116. Hughes must have found an old Don Carthel recruiting playbook in the bottom left-hand drawer of his desk.

    33 OL's have been offered.

    I watched all the highlight videos on the QB's, RB's, and WR's. There are some interesting talents being offered. Speed seemed to be the key element in most of the skill kids. I really liked the QB from Navarro, Parker McNeill. He's also been offered by Midwestern and Kingsville .

    The influx of recruiting visits will commence soon. This is a key recruiting class for Hughes and his staff. Upgraded talent and increased depth is needed at every position.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-28-2018 at 02:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    3rd stall on the left
    Posts
    4,077
    Rep Power
    63817

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    On "thelscscoop.blogspot.com," WT is listed with 116 offers ( I only counted once, ha!. I may have missed one). Yes, 116. Hughes must have found an old Don Carthel recruiting playbook in the bottom left-hand drawer of his desk.

    33 OL's have been offered.

    I watched all the highlight videos on the QB's, RB's, and WR's. There are some interesting talents being offered. Speed seemed to be the key element in most of the skill kids. I really liked the QB from Navarro, Parker McNeill. He's also been offered by Midwestern and Kingsville .

    The influx of recruiting visits will commence soon. This is a key recruiting class for Hughes and his staff. Upgraded talent and increased depth is needed at every position.
    That’s absurd. 116 offers tells me they are just offering everyone with shoulder pads. There is no way they have evaluated 116 players.

    Not a good look.

  5. #5

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    On "thelscscoop.blogspot.com," WT is listed with 116 offers ( I only counted once, ha!. I may have missed one). Yes, 116. Hughes must have found an old Don Carthel recruiting playbook in the bottom left-hand drawer of his desk.

    33 OL's have been offered.

    I watched all the highlight videos on the QB's, RB's, and WR's. There are some interesting talents being offered. Speed seemed to be the key element in most of the skill kids. I really liked the QB from Navarro, Parker McNeill. He's also been offered by Midwestern and Kingsville .

    The influx of recruiting visits will commence soon. This is a key recruiting class for Hughes and his staff. Upgraded talent and increased depth is needed at every position.
    Yes, I heard the offer is a FREE WT MAROON TShirt and a WT pen and note pad. Unfortunately, we have no other $$$ now, but maybe in a year or two if your still here we can re-evaluate!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,837
    Rep Power
    688378

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Yes, I heard the offer is a FREE WT MAROON TShirt and a WT pen and note pad. Unfortunately, we have no other $$$ now, but maybe in a year or two if your still here we can re-evaluate!
    That's pretty much what everyone does at the D2 level. Most of the money goes to JC transfers and soph/junior/seniors on the 2 deep chart. 36 equivalents has to be divided into all kinds of pieces for maximum value. I bet very few D2 schools have many (if any) players on a full ride. When Carthel was here, I believe only a few guys, proven key talent like QB Dustin Vaughn, were ever on a full ride.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-28-2018 at 10:06 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,837
    Rep Power
    688378

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    That’s absurd. 116 offers tells me they are just offering everyone with shoulder pads. There is no way they have evaluated 116 players.

    Not a good look.
    Not so. For instance, the board for potential 2020 and 2021 signees is already up according to an assistant coach I visited with. Players will be added. deleted, and all will be followed and evaluated before getting an offer. Texting, phone calls, visits with HS coaches, and eventually face-to-faces will follow lots and lots of watching film, working with recruiting services, and maintaining contact with potential recruits.

    Carthel regularly had recruiting classes of 50 to 70 kids. No one accused him of not evaluating the players he offered. In D2 you can bet the farm on 25 kids a year getting a quarter ride offer or cast a wide net and hope to get 15 real players out of high school every year for little to nothing to start.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,234
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    That’s absurd. 116 offers tells me they are just offering everyone with shoulder pads. There is no way they have evaluated 116 players.

    Not a good look.
    EXACTLY.

    It tells me WT is having a hard time getting top talent, so they are offering EVERYONE on their recruiting board.

    Think......if they signed 3 deep at all o & d positions, that would be 66 players. Add a LS, P, K thats 69....NEW players. LMAO.

    I'd be second guessing my HC's recruiting abilities about now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,434
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: WT football

    Sounds like what Adams State does with AZ kids, don't be like Adams State.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,234
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Sounds like what Adams State does with AZ kids, don't be like Adams State.
    A few recruits I know are being courted by several LSC teams. 2 are being heavily pursued by five LSC teams. From what I am being told, WT & ASU are not being anywhere near as aggressive as Midwestern, TAMUC, and Tarleton.

  11. #11

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    A few recruits I know are being courted by several LSC teams. 2 are being heavily pursued by five LSC teams. From what I am being told, WT & ASU are not being anywhere near as aggressive as Midwestern, TAMUC, and Tarleton.
    Are you saying quality over quantity? There’s a novel idea!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    73361

    Default Re: WT football

    The dislike of WT football is very real around here. Wish i was around the board 9 or 10 years ago to see what caused all the built up disdain

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    12,922
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    The dislike of WT football is very real around here. Wish i was around the board 9 or 10 years ago to see what caused all the built up disdain
    It’s the fleas, also the ticks and the stench.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    73361

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    It’s the fleas, also the ticks and the stench.
    Fair enough

  15. #15

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    The dislike of WT football is very real around here. Wish i was around the board 9 or 10 years ago to see what caused all the built up disdain
    I actually like WT football and want them to do well. But, as with Tech I have no problem criticizing moves that I do not believe are beneficial. Turning a blind eye helps no one.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,363
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    It’s the fleas, also the ticks and the stench.
    Just for the record, it's peccaries that have scent glands that have caused the javelina to also be known as "skunk pig".

    Peccaries are also known to be myopic.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peccary

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,234
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Are you saying quality over quantity? There’s a novel idea!
    That's not what I was saying....but I agree with that statement.

    I get the whole recruit lots of bodies and a few will be or become very good (throw a bunch of sh!t against the wall and some will stick). It is one way to recruit. It can work in DII and DIII.....and possibly D1aa (we will find that out soon).

    But, I think a "great" coach will land 7-9 out of 10 of his targeted recruits.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,837
    Rep Power
    688378

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    That's not what I was saying....but I agree with that statement.

    I get the whole recruit lots of bodies and a few will be or become very good (throw a bunch of sh!t against the wall and some will stick). It is one way to recruit. It can work in DII and DIII.....and possibly D1aa (we will find that out soon).

    But, I think a "great" coach will land 7-9 out of 10 of his targeted recruits.
    How do we know who each coach's top 10 recruits are? If asked, I doubt any coach in the conference would tell a fan or booster, who his top 10 recruits are. That information would be tightly held by the coaching staff. I imagine every coach tells every recruit that he on their "top 10 list." Ha!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,234
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    The dislike of WT football is very real around here. Wish i was around the board 9 or 10 years ago to see what caused all the built up disdain
    Not sure about a dislike of WT football.

    However, back around the timeframe you are talking about, there were WT posters who were beyond rude & cocky. However, most, not all, jumped ship and disappeared as soon as WT football tanked.

    Its hard, but not impossible, to forget azzhole, bandwagon fans. I THINK that's what you are witnessing.

    Me personally, I have no disdain for any LSC team.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,234
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    How do we know who each coach's top 10 recruits are? If asked, I doubt any coach in the conference would tell a fan or booster, who his top 10 recruits are. That information would be tightly held by the coaching staff. I imagine every coach tells every recruit that he on their "top 10 list." Ha!
    Haha, right?

    My statement was not about a TOP 10 LIST.....rather, it was how a great coach will land 7 out of 10 of his targeted recruits.

    As a hefty supporter of WT football, I would assume your HC would have no issue showing you his recruiting board.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •