Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 226

Thread: WT football

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,180
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    52415

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I went and watched his hudl video. He looks like an immediate contributor. 6'3, 240. A good edge guy. Was very productive at San Diego Mesa College.
    I agree, I think he will come in and play right away. The other transfer DL from Blinn is already with the team this spring. If they can get at least 7 or 8 deep without a drop off I think the D can get to a different level.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,468
    Rep Power
    570055

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I agree, I think he will come in and play right away. The other transfer DL from Blinn is already with the team this spring. If they can get at least 7 or 8 deep without a drop off I think the D can get to a different level.
    His twitter mentioned a Tennessee Tech offer.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    52415

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    His twitter mentioned a Tennessee Tech offer.
    FCS school? I don't know much about them

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,468
    Rep Power
    570055

    Default Re: WT football

    I saw the announcement today on GoBuffsGo that WT will outfit it's entire team with the new Vicis Zero1 deformable, morphable helmet. NFL tests call it the safest helmet available today. I don't know what this is costing, but the cost of the helmet is $950. Even if WT got a deal, say $800 each, the investment in headgear would be at least $100,000.

    Vicis has a good short video if you google it.

    Thanks WT administration for doing this for our young men!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    52415

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I saw the announcement today on GoBuffsGo that WT will outfit it's entire team with the new Vicis Zero1 deformable, morphable helmet. NFL tests call it the safest helmet available today. I don't know what this is costing, but the cost of the helmet is $950. Even if WT got a deal, say $800 each, the investment in headgear would be at least $100,000.

    Vicis has a good short video if you google it.

    Thanks WT administration for doing this for our young men!
    I hope they ditch the white and go back to the more recent maroon with these

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Amarillo, Texas, United States
    Posts
    953
    Rep Power
    15646

    Default Re: WT football

    Anyone make it to the spring game? I was working and couldn't make it

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,468
    Rep Power
    570055

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffTough View Post
    Anyone make it to the spring game? I was working and couldn't make it
    I was laid up and couldn't make it.

  8. Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    82 reported for spring camp, so numbers are up again. I hope to make it out there this weekend
    Hopefully the majority return for fall practice in August & with the incoming freshman & transfers, the squad should be around 100+. The future is looking good for the Buffs.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,021
    Rep Power
    53966

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    Hopefully the majority return for fall practice in August & with the incoming freshman & transfers, the squad should be around 100+. The future is looking good for the Buffs.
    How so? Elaborate.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,468
    Rep Power
    570055

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    How so? Elaborate.
    Because looking in the rear view mirror sucks.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 04-14-2019 at 09:51 AM.

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,198
    Rep Power
    1000000

  12. Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    FCS school? I don't know much about them
    Located in Cookeville, TN and a member of the Ohio Valley Conference. I believe the AF Academy played them in football a few years back.

  13. #213

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    Hopefully the majority return for fall practice in August & with the incoming freshman & transfers, the squad should be around 100+. The future is looking good for the Buffs.
    So, quantity now equals quality. As long as I get the number of players over 100 wins will start piling up. Hmmmmmm why didn’t I think of that?

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,395
    Rep Power
    177111

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    So, quantity now equals quality. As long as I get the number of players over 100 wins will start piling up. Hmmmmmm why didn’t I think of that?
    Talk about a dramatic response.

  15. Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    So, quantity now equals quality. As long as I get the number of players over 100 wins will start piling up. Hmmmmmm why didn’t I think of that?
    Well you should have! Just kidding. I believe that coach Hughes has & recruits good quality talent. Having a deep bench of players is good. When the Buffs are 4 - 5 TD's ahead at halftime, the reserves can come in the second half and gain some valuable playing time in mop up duty. Onward Buffaloes!

  16. #216

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    Well you should have! Just kidding. I believe that coach Hughes has & recruits good quality talent. Having a deep bench of players is good. When the Buffs are 4 - 5 TD's ahead at halftime, the reserves can come in the second half and gain some valuable playing time in mop up duty. Onward Buffaloes!
    If this is not the case against Jewel, then you should drop your expectations of Buffalo football exponentially.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,021
    Rep Power
    53966

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    Well you should have! Just kidding. I believe that coach Hughes has & recruits good quality talent. Having a deep bench of players is good. When the Buffs are 4 - 5 TD's ahead at halftime, the reserves can come in the second half and gain some valuable playing time in mop up duty. Onward Buffaloes!
    So you believe Wt will be AHEAD 35 points by half in most games?

    LMFAO X 100

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Amarillo, Texas, United States
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    6989

    Default Re: WT football

    Last edited by chivas_gold; 04-18-2019 at 08:55 AM.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Valley of the Buffalo
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    30395

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by chivas_gold View Post
    Thanks for posting - good information
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    52415

    Default Re: WT football

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    So you believe Wt will be AHEAD 35 points by half in most games?

    LMFAO X 100
    I assure you this guy doesn't speak for 99% of us fans.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •