Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIAA heading into break both Women and Men

Contribute to D2

Default Re: MIAA heading into break both Women and Men

NW ladies knock off UCO 51-47. Good road win for Austin and his gals.
    UCO was 11-2 coming into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    The Loyola transfer is averaging 20 and 10 so we'll get our first look at that today. He is a little undersized at 6'6 but can't complain with his production. Will be interesting to see how we handle him.
    Watching the game and the Loyola transfer is more of a wing/combo forward. Thought I read somewhere he was a post but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Well, you got your off day for NW shooting. Horrid from beyond the arc, yet guys still step up. Good win for NW.

Outshot from the field and 3 but FTs and turnovers were the difference.

Southern working hard to avoid an 0-2 road trip. Were down by 19 at one point. Closed it to 2 but down 4 now with 2:38 left at Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    Outshot from the field and 3 but FTs and turnovers were the difference.

Southern working hard to avoid an 0-2 road trip. Were down by 19 at one point. Closed it to 2 but down 4 now with 2:38 left at Lincoln.
    Lincoln is tough game.

0-2 road trip for Southern. It's a tough trip but that's probably going to hurt at the end of the year with conference championship on the line.

It's not just the losses but how they lost. Down around 20 to both teams at various times?

Any info Southern posters? Injuries, illness, just a couple of rough games?

7. Default Re: MIAA heading into break both Women and Men

Back to back poor shooting performances from long range for the Lions. They actually won two of the four halves but neither game. I'll add that poor officiating even though equally poor against both teams can impact the outcome as well, especially when your top scorer gets whistled for several offensive fouls because he's too quick spinning around to face the basket.

Southern's roster is now at 8 healthy players plus one who has only played during garbage time. So when a starting guard picked up fouls 3 4 and 5* on the same play with about 14 minutes to play it left us with only a pair of 6'10" subs for the rest of the game.

* one personal followed by two Ts

What’s the chances of NW Mo St and Wash being undefeated for their game next Sat, Jan 12 in Maryville. NW has Emporia at home and Wash goes to Mo West. I think Mo West will be fired up so I think the Ichabods have their hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by Btech#3 View Post
    What’s the chances of NW Mo St and Wash being undefeated for their game next Sat, Jan 12 in Maryville. NW has Emporia at home and Wash goes to Mo West. I think Mo West will be fired up so I think the Ichabods have their hands full.
    Bods are the favorite Wednesday for sure, but the Griffs are showing some grit.

Quote Originally Posted by Btech#3 View Post
    I think the chances of NW being undefeated are high. NW defends home court very well. However, NW down to 9 players against NSU and 8 against UCO. Not sure what's going on there. Illness, injuries, disciplinary, left program? Roster on NW website has not changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    I think the chances of NW being undefeated are high. NW defends home court very well. However, NW down to 9 players against NSU and 8 against UCO. Not sure what's going on there. Illness, injuries, disciplinary, left program? Roster on NW website has not changed.
    I think the available players was the same for both games. Laing is only going to play in blowouts and that wasn't the case yesterday.

Lincoln had 2 really nice wins.

I also think Mo. West going on the road and beating both Oklahoma schools was pretty good as well. I know they squeaked by but that is a tough swing. You expect it from NW even though their UCO win wasn't easy but they dismantled NSU. Winning two on the road a long way from home is tough regardless of the opponent(s). I think that makes Mo. West dangerous and positions NW very well this early in the conf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12