Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Default Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Boro has two DE juco commits and a DB that I didn't see a name for.

Tarique Smith DE Lackawanna
    Gilberto Ortiz DE Erie CC

Jerome Brown the OL from Lackawaana that Boro and IUp offered commited to Shepherd.

Rumor is that Fletcher is leaving...and seems everyone knew he wanted to do the grad transfer thing for awhile. I'm sure it depends on offers he can grab....but could be Duquesne, Eastern Washington, Old Dominion, Shepherd, (or possibly SRU)

2. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Anthony Rebar OL from Belle Vernon has SRU, IUP and Boro as offers.

Any other guys with a bunch of PSAC offers? Its always interesting to see where they end up going.

Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Josh Boyd CB Monroe College

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Jerome Brown the OL from Lackawaana that Boro and IUp offered commited to Shepherd.

Rumor is that Fletcher is leaving...and seems everyone knew he wanted to do the grad transfer thing for awhile. I'm sure it depends on offers he can grab....but could be Duquesne, Eastern Washington, Old Dominion, Shepherd, (or possibly SRU)
    Since he is a Maryland kid I would think these would be a good fit for him. (more Friends & family could see). The SRU angle is interesting; but I do not think very likely.

Justin Shoaf (RB) Yough: has offers from Seton Hill, California and Slippery Rock; over 5,000 yds. career rushing in high school

I guess my source knew what they were talking about. Although I heard a Pro Day could be in the offing!!!

7. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Josh Boyd CB Monroe College
    Just saw that on twitter.

So boro has 3 jucos on Defense.

The Scarborough kid from Stony Brook must have some baggage. I thought for sure Boro and IUP would have offers to him. Havent seen any since Cal in the psac... Boro needs DL. Probably atleast 3 starters. 2 DE and a DT.

Just saw that on twitter.

So boro has 3 jucos on Defense.

The Scarborough kid from Stony Brook must have some baggage. I thought for sure Boro and IUP would have offers to him. Havent seen any since Cal in the psac... Boro needs DL. Probably atleast 3 starters. 2 DE and a DT.
    What makes you say that? I couldn't find anything.

9. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Quote Originally Posted by BoroBacker View Post
    I guess my source knew what they were talking about. Although I heard a Pro Day could be in the offing!!!
    Ya, It seems all the players knew it. I imagine he would want to be in spring ball somewhere if he leaves...so that would have to happen real quick here. I'd guess he graduated last saturday from Edinboro then. Pro Day for Fletcher? This spring?

Any insight on Joseph Wilkins Jones the DE from lackawanna that didnt make it to fall last year.. being here this spring? Or RB Julian Riley the ODU transfer last year being here now? Both could be helpful now...esp RB if the Fletcher situation plays out.
    Last edited by EdinboroFB; 12-20-2018 at 10:32 AM.

10. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    What makes you say that? I couldn't find anything.
    Which part?

Ya, It seems all the players knew it ( and seemingly coaches too).. I imagine he would want to be in spring ball somewhere if he leaves...so that would have to happen real quick here. I'd guess he graduated last saturday from Edinboro then. Pro Day for Fletcher? This spring?

Any insight on Joseph Wilkins Jones the DE from lackawanna that didnt make it to fall last year.. being here this spring? Or RB Julian Riley the ODU transfer last year being here now? Both could be helpful now...esp RB if the Fletcher situation plays out.
    I was at graduation and he didn't walk. I didn't notice his name in the program either. If he transfers midyear without graduating that's a terrible move. He'll lose a ton of credits and risk not getting a degree.

Which part?
    The Scarbrough kid having baggage. If he does it's internal stuff.

13. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

I was at graduation and he didn't walk. I didn't notice his name in the program either. If he transfers midyear without graduating that's a terrible move. He'll lose a ton of credits and risk not getting a degree.
    Ya, to me if he didnt graduate last weekend that makes him transferring much less likely.

14. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

The Scarbrough kid having baggage. If he does it's internal stuff.
    Just an assumption since two teams needing immediate DT help havent offered. It also seemed like things might go fast with him transferring so he could be in spring ball wherever he goes. Otherwise its surprising Boro and IUP arent on board already.

15. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Harrison Dreher, Clairton/Lackawanna/ RMU, WR, has SRU, IUP, and Cal

Ya, to me if he didnt graduate last weekend that makes him transferring much less likely.
    Why? He can just graduate in the spring and still become a ghost. He can work the recruiting part out now. Happens all the time.

Missing the spring won't kill a RB. They learn new systems very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Why? He can just graduate in the spring and still become a ghost. He can work the recruiting part out now. Happens all the time.

Yeah but how many teams at the G5 and FCS level are looking for a starting RB in May?

Hopefully this is all smoke or he reconsiders. He's a Harlon Hill contender and just a few hundred yards short of the all time record at Edinboro. Become a legend in a small pond or take a chance to hopefully get another chance. From what I've seen the last 15 years, gonzo stats at this level get you more visits than a good year at FCS.

Yeah but how many teams at the G5 and FCS level are looking for a starting RB in May?

Hopefully this is all smoke or he reconsiders. He's a Harlon Hill contender and just a few hundred yards short of the all time record at Edinboro. Become a legend in a small pond or take a chance to hopefully get another chance. From what I've seen the last 15 years, gonzo stats at this level get you more visits than a good year at FCS.

Valid but how much talent is he going to have around him next year? Isn't that line taking major losses? QB is 'iffy' at best.

He may not start from Day 1 but then again he could. RBs get hurt by the hour. And, any school who wants him ... probably doesn't like their current RB much anyway.

19. Default Re: Off season/ Recruiting/ Boro

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I get what you're saying and agree. But if I was transferring somewhere I've never been I would feel better with a spring under my belt. But agree it's not be all or end all on that. And it seems pretty clear transferring is where his head is at. I didnt pull the names I put for potential landing spots out of thin air.

Harrison Dreher, Clairton/Lackawanna/ RMU, WR, has SRU, IUP, and Cal
    Locked in with IUP, just what they need a playmaker on offense. Kid was a monster at Clairton, grades out of HS derailed him. His Twitter announcement is impressive.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast