Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Recruiting 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Football Recruiting 2019

How’s recruiting going for all teams far? Don’t know much about how the Mavericks are doing in recruits so maybe someone fill me in?

Default Re: Football Recruiting 2019

I know the UMD Bulldogs are doing well with 20 commits so far.

3. Default Re: Football Recruiting 2019

UMary 20 commits so far and 9 transfers came in second semester.

Augustana is having a fantastic recruiting class. Much of the 14 commits thus far were also offered by fcs schools or top D2 schools. AU does not have a lot schollys to give because of small graduation class and high retention rate.

When a player accepts a preferred walk on at a FCS or BCS do they sign a LOI and is it binding? Also I saw a player from Buffalo.MN had a early signing at his school and committed to Northern State, what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Umdfan35 View Post
    When a player accepts a preferred walk on at a FCS or BCS do they sign a LOI and is it binding? Also I saw a player from Buffalo.MN had a early signing at his school and committed to Northern State, what's up with that?
    Who and what school? I missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Who and what school? I missed that one.
    Logan Grossinger, Buffalo, MN

Quote Originally Posted by Swisher View Post
    Logan Grossinger, Buffalo, MN
    So...I'm confused by the "what's up with that" part then.

Signing day for d2 is Feb. 6th. D1 has an early signing in mid Dec. 2 of his teams mates signed early with NDSU and Wyoming and had a signing ceremony at their HS, he also was involved signing with NSU. I guess it was committing and not signing, usually they do this on the actual signing day for D2.

Signing day for d2 is Feb. 6th. D1 has an early signing in mid Dec. 2 of his teams mates signed early with NDSU and Wyoming and had a signing ceremony at their HS, he also was involved signing with NSU. I guess it was committing and not signing, usually they do this on the actual signing day for D2.
    I get it now. I thought you meant he committed to walking on to a D1 program then signed with us. I'm sure it was more a ceremonial deal to be with his teammates. Atleast that is my guess.

Can not wait for signing day, if UMD can sign all of the verbal commits we will have a great class, hopefully none sign with a FCS team at the last Minute. A transfer QB from South Dakota tweeted he received a full scholarship from Wayne State.

12. Default Re: Football Recruiting 2019

I can’t wait either. Good luck to all teams in your recruiting efforts.

Have heard very little on Mustang football recruiting. very little. Even very little on twitter or any news leaking. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    Have heard very little on Mustang football recruiting. very little. Even very little on twitter or any news leaking. Weird.
    Yeah I've tried to come up with a list of names off Twitter, but have only seen maybe a dozen names. I know there's more commits than that, but it's odd how quiet it's been. Probably by design.

Can not wait for signing day, if UMD can sign all of the verbal commits we will have a great class, hopefully none sign with a FCS team at the last Minute. A transfer QB from South Dakota tweeted he received a full scholarship from Wayne State.
    Augustana has lost some players to fcs teams, made me upset, but happens when you recruit at a high level. Doubt player got full scholarship from Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Augustana has lost some players to fcs teams, made me upset, but happens when you recruit at a high level. Doubt player got full scholarship from Wayne.
    I wonder how the uncertainty surrounding the future of Augustana football (FCS, non scholarship FCS, stay D2) is going to impact recruiting for Augustana.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustang View Post
    I know a local kid from where I live (Apple Valley, MN) committed there recently. His name is Trey Johnson and is a WR. Originally committed to eastern Michigan back in 2015. He dropped out after a semester then bounced around in JUCO until he ended up at RCTC. He has 2 years of Eligibility left and I hope for the best for him.

Like MrMustang mentioned above, I’ve heard very little of Maverick Recruiting myself. Anyone know how many we got so far and if any stick out? Maybe the maverick posters that live closer may know more than me?

19. Default Re: Football Recruiting 2019

I think sometimes kids look at the entire package, getting a good chunk of academic money can make them feel it’s a ‘full ride’

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Like MrMustang mentioned above, I’ve heard very little of Maverick Recruiting myself. Anyone know how many we got so far and if any stick out? Maybe the maverick posters that live closer may know more than me?
    Pretty easy to find recruits. Go to your top coaches twitter page and to followers, there you will find commits. For MN. only recruits https://twitter.com/MnHSFBRecruiting MSU brings in more WI recruits and some IL so make sure to study twitter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast