Thread: UNCP Football

Contribute to D2

Default UNCP Football

Looking at that first game next season with WSSU at UNCP, my ole Braves bud said they they're going to be pretty good this coming year because almost everyone's coming back. Didn't think much about it at the time, figured it was pride talking, but then I checked. Surprisingly, UNCP's top 4 rushers, top 5 receivers, and both of their starting and backup QBs are all coming back, add in a D2 All American Kicker, their whole O-Line, along with most of their starting defense players returning, and he may have a legitimate reason to be pretty optimistic about 2019.

Default Re: UNCP Football

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Looking at that first game next season with WSSU at UNCP, my ole Braves bud said they they're going to be pretty good this coming year because almost everyone's coming back. Didn't think much about it at the time, figured it was pride talking, but then I checked. Surprisingly, UNCP's top 4 rushers, top 5 receivers, and both of their starting and backup QBs are all coming back, add in a D2 All American Kicker, their whole O-Line, along with most of their starting defense players returning, and he may have a legitimate reason to be pretty optimistic about 2019.
    I am hearing that the backup transferred to Cal. If that's the case then that's three years in a row that UNCP has lost a starting QB or backup that saw significant time.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalRam View Post
    I am hearing that the backup transferred to Cal. If that's the case then that's three years in a row that UNCP has lost a starting QB or backup that saw significant time.
    Probably a smart move on his part with the amount of talent UNCP now has at QB on it's roster.

I hear that he's a very good QB and hopefully he will see a lot of playing time at Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle74 View Post
    Probably a smart move on his part with the amount of talent UNCP now has at QB on it's roster.

I hear that he's a very good QB and hopefully he will see a lot of playing time at Cal.
    I don't know how good his chances are at Cal. They return a kid who started as a freshman and threw for over 2,700 yards. If playing time was his concern I can think of a lot of other programs in NC and SC that he could have a good chance to compete for the starting job. Could have also considered going to Barton or Erskine to be the starter when those programs kick things off next season. Best of luck to him.