Thread: OT: Six Month Checkup

Contribute to D2

Default OT: Six Month Checkup

My Friends in the MIAA (and elsewhere),

My wife and I are about to make another trip to St. Louis this weekend for our daughter's 6 month checkup at the St. Louis Children's Hospital. While there, anyone have a recommendation for the 1 place we absolutely should eat? We've ate at some local places, but always interested in others!

Default Re: OT: Six Month Checkup

I've only been to St. Louis once but I had Bogarts Smokehouse and it was one of the best places for BBQ that I have been too. I hear Pappy's is great also.

Hit up bigsig.

Pappy's Smokehouse is an absolute must. Been named a top place to eat in USA. Get there earlier as they sell out of items the later you go each day!

Any place on the Hill, the old Italian neighborhood. My favorite is Zia's.

Sugarfire for smoked food. Hofbrau Haus for German food and cool atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    Definite +1 on the Hill. Some of the best Italian south of Chicago.

Ya, The Hill is great for Italian, but if you're looking for something else, then message Big Sig and he can give you some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    +1 any of the locations on the Hill.

I would also recommend Ted Drewes Frozen Custard if you are looking for a dessert.

Be sure and have some toasted ravioli if you hit any good Italian joints and ditto on Ted Drewes

Echo all of what's been said here so far....

Get your girl some TEd Drewes for sure!

Just about anywhere on the Hill for Italian.

Check out Byrd and Barrel for a different dining experience. Gourmet fast chicken. A good friend of mine owns it and has grown it into one of the most popular brands in St. Louis. He's a bit of a local celeb now.

Sugar Fire BBQ rivals some of the best KC joints. (I have Sugar Fire and Joe's tired for first in my book). I've had Pappy's catered and it was good, but it's not easy to get into.

Crown Candy has great milkshakes and BLT's.... it's not in a great part of town though.

Lot's of great local brewery's with good food as well. Trailhead in St. Charles, Ofallon Brewery in Maryland Heights, Schlafely in Richmond Heights.

For a New Orleans feel, check out Broadway Oyster bar down town (awesome grinders!)

Feel free to message me. Let me know where you are staying and I can point you into some good local choices within a reasonable difference.
    Cool Story Bro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Definite +1 on the Hill. Some of the best Italian south of Chicago.
    +10000 to on the hill!!! Some great food and some amazing butchers/meat shops!

Square One Brewery and Distillery

I also like Pi Pizzeria and eat at the MX Downtown which has a bunch of different eateries when I'm in the area

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Echo all of what's been said here so far....

Get your girl some TEd Drewes for sure!

Just about anywhere on the Hill for Italian.

Check out Byrd and Barrel for a different dining experience. Gourmet fast chicken. A good friend of mine owns it and has grown it into one of the most popular brands in St. Louis. He's a bit of a local celeb now.

Sugar Fire BBQ rivals some of the best KC joints. (I have Sugar Fire and Joe's tired for first in my book). I've had Pappy's catered and it was good, but it's not easy to get into.

Crown Candy has great milkshakes and BLT's.... it's not in a great part of town though.

Lot's of great local brewery's with good food as well. Trailhead in St. Charles, Ofallon Brewery in Maryland Heights, Schlafely in Richmond Heights.

For a New Orleans feel, check out Broadway Oyster bar down town (awesome grinders!)

Feel free to message me. Let me know where you are staying and I can point you into some good local choices within a reasonable difference.
    We stay over at the HavenHouse in Creve Couer if that helps anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by canadarican View Post
    We stay over at the HavenHouse in Creve Couer if that helps anyone.
    There's a Sugar Fire just down the road from you on Olive. Probably 5 or so miles.

I've never been, but I hear really great things about Edge Wild. Be good for a date night for us probably, but it's a little pricey so not some place we're in a hurry to go to with a family of 6.

You're not to far from Chesterfield too, which has a ridiculous amount of selections. If you like Thai food, check out Addie's Thai House. There's also an Asian fusion restaurant there called Kim Cheese that I hear folks rave about all the time, but I've not been there yet.

You're also not far from a couple of Syberg's locations, which is a St. Louis local chain. If you like wings, this place is great! Their sauce is original. It's a mustard based wing sauce and very different but delicious!

Hopefully that helps. If there's a specific genre or cuisine that you and your family prefers, let me know. I can get more specific for you!
    Cool Story Bro

Hope all went well with your daughter's check up this weekend. Have a Merry Christmas!
    Cool Story Bro

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    +1 any of the locations on the Hill.

I would also recommend Ted Drewes Frozen Custard if you are looking for a dessert.
    I was born and raised in STL...Ted Drew’s is an absolute must.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Quote Originally Posted by cbgorilla View Post
    I was born and raised in STL...Ted Drew’s is an absolute must.
    I'm a transplant... I'm actually partial to Frit's.... that statement has actually started arguments before.
    Cool Story Bro

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    I'm a transplant... I'm actually partial to Frit's.... that statement has actually started arguments before.
    Frit’s? I have even heard of that place. I have no doubt that statement has started arguments.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Quote Originally Posted by cbgorilla View Post
    Frit’s? I have even heard of that place. I have no doubt that statement has started arguments.
    Most of them are in St. Charles county. I think there may be a few in NC and WC as well.
    Cool Story Bro