Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Partridge Right or Wrong?

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Partridge Right or Wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    What does graduating have to do with being a team cancer? I absolutely bet his MW teammates cared. All of them? Probably not, but I'd imagine quite a few did. Namely probably his Oline. He cut and ran. Most likely an ego thing. If the coaches were at fault they would have lost the team. Board is thinking about this from a) a NW perspective. b) not from a college kids perspective.
    I may be remembering the articles wrong but I'm pretty sure the coaches tried to spin it as a "mutual" decision to have him leave the team. Josh replied that if it was up to him he would still be on the team at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCatEyez View Post
    I may be remembering the articles wrong but I'm pretty sure the coaches tried to spin it as a "mutual" decision to have him leave the team. Josh replied that if it was up to him he would still be on the team at the time.
    Mutual, as in your distraction is outweighing your talent, not gonna beg you to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Josh took a vicious hit to the midsection at the end of the UCO game and didn’t look close to 100% again until the GVSU game.

Josh Caldwell looked a 100% at UCM the last game of the regular season. Josh had 207 total yards. He rushed for 183 yards on 15 carries with a long of 46 yards for an average of 12 yards per carry and 3 touchdowns. He had 2 pass receptions for 24 yards. The guy was a beast. To bad he wasn't healthy the whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Josh Caldwell looked a 100% at UCM the last game of the regular season. Josh had 207 total yards. He rushed for 183 yards on 15 carries with a long of 46 yards for an average of 12 yards per carry and 3 touchdowns. He had 2 pass receptions for 24 yards. The guy was a beast. To bad he wasn't healthy the whole year.
    Yea, but the UCM defense was pretty bad as well. How that UCM baseball squad going to be this year?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Yea, but the UCM defense was pretty bad as well. How that UCM baseball squad going to be this year?
    True about the 2018 Mules defense. Lots of young guys played last year on defense and they lost a couple of veteran starters to preseason injuries. Should be much improved in 2019 or it will be time for defensive coordinator Wes Bell to take his 3-4 defense and find another job. The Mules need to recruit 4 big studs for the defensive line like the Bearcats have every year.

Mules baseball is always good and will be again this coming season. But, the conference is getting more competitive in baseball and it's no longer just UCM and Emporia dominating. Last year Northwest tied with UCO for the regular season title and there were 4 teams within a game of each other at the top. The Mules went the farthest in post season play and NW tanked in the conference tournament and didn't make the regional. Should be an exciting baseball season with the added mystic of the Emporia coach moving to Pitt State and a former UCM catcher becoming the head coach at Emporia.

Hey, isn't GreenwoodBearcat the old buzzard from Maryville who was a famous pitcher for UCM back in the 1950's? My grandpa used to talk about him and I'm pretty sure his real name is something like Spitball McNasty.
    Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 12-21-2018 at 12:41 PM.

I thought he was a knuckle baller?

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    He was famous for his vagisil slider.

The injury was definitely a factor. NOt sure how much his style fit at NW compared to MW in terms of the types of blocking schemes/offensive philosophies of the 2 schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    The injury was definitely a factor. NOt sure how much his style fit at NW compared to MW in terms of the types of blocking schemes/offensive philosophies of the 2 schools.
    MW had superior OL

This all depends on your perspective.

I think the kid learned to try to sacrifice personal gain for team gain. His style works best when he can get most of the carries and gets a bunch of small gains then busts through for a long gain. He was never going to get 25 plus carries per game at NW. Plus, he knew that he would have to compete with other competent backs for carries.

So if he was looking to be part of something bigger, it was successful. If he wanted to be the all-time leading rusher at a school, it might have been a mistake.

I admire someone who wants to be part of something special at a personal loss. I also admire his loyalty to Coach P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
    Hey, isn't GreenwoodBearcat the old buzzard from Maryville who was a famous pitcher for UCM back in the 1950's? My grandpa used to talk about him and I'm pretty sure his real name is something like Spitball McNasty.
    LOL.......

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    He's a baller alright..... LOL

GreenwoodBeercat must be maintaining radio silence during the holidays. I thought for sure he would snap back about the 1950's comment.

GreenwoodBeercat must be maintaining radio silence during the holidays. I thought for sure he would snap back about the 1950's comment.
    At least ya'll have folks to maintain radio silence over here.... :(
    Cool Story Bro

Hard to snap back when for the most part it's true. Although the knuckleball and the Vagisil ball (Courtesy of Pred Primates wife) were not out of the question for being thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    He was famous for his vagisil slider.

GB - It seems like PP, in his sneaky way, is calling you a female body area that starts with P.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 12-28-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    This all depends on your perspective.

I think the kid learned to try to sacrifice personal gain for team gain. His style works best when he can get most of the carries and gets a bunch of small gains then busts through for a long gain. He was never going to get 25 plus carries per game at NW. Plus, he knew that he would have to compete with other competent backs for carries.

So if he was looking to be part of something bigger, it was successful. If he wanted to be the all-time leading rusher at a school, it might have been a mistake.

I admire someone who wants to be part of something special at a personal loss. I also admire his loyalty to Coach P.
    Odd to mention loyalty when speaking of a kid who left his team for a rival. Also NW backfield the year before was not great, he may have assumed he would be a featured back. Maybe it is for the best, he was good but i don't think he should be considered in the same class as Michael Hill as all time great MWSU backs

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Odd to mention loyalty when speaking of a kid who left his team for a rival. Also NW backfield the year before was not great, he may have assumed he would be a featured back. Maybe it is for the best, he was good but i don't think he should be considered in the same class as Michael Hill as all time great MWSU backs
    Yeah. He was loyal to his coach.

Northwest had two guys transfer because he was transferring in.

I don't think he would have surpassed Hill because I don't think he was as talented as Hill. While not at the level of Moore, Omon, or Race, Hill is one of the all-time great MIAA backs. Caldwell is a darn good back, but not at the level of best-ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Yeah. He was loyal to his coach.

Northwest had two guys transfer because he was transferring in.

I don't think he would have surpassed Hill because I don't think he was as talented as Hill. While not at the level of Moore, Omon, or Race, Hill is one of the all-time great MIAA backs. Caldwell is a darn good back, but not at the level of best-ever.
    I will point out that JP is a defensive mind not sitting in RB meetings and the bond between a RB and the FB/OL runs much deeper, you are not in the trenches with a coach.

He went to a rival. If you switch to a rival then that means you never bought in to begin with. When you buy in, it is family versus everyone. Selfish kid is selfish, simple as that. Cry baby wanted a ring, chased a ring.

Want to win? Make sure your backup is at every summer workout, Push your line in conditioning, lead the pack as example in the classroom. That kid quit and ran, there is nothing heroic about it. Longacre, Adams, Bevins, if they jump to a different team there would be outrage. See it from the other point of view. This is a lack of character.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast