Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 2018 National Championship Game Thread

Contribute to D2

Default Re: 2018 National Championship Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by crashandannie View Post
    Maybe make those building roofs red instead of green, too...
    Or black

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerLady View Post
    Maybe some die hard Blazer fan will win the lottery.

As for expanding the visitor's side out to the park, I mentioned that years ago when a group of us were talking. But no matter. I am sure others have thought about it and would love to have control of the stadium. It has been talked about for years.
    You don’t need a lotto winner, you got one in Mr. Schraeder right down the road in Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Question; If the Admin gutted the both press boxes, which are horrible. Laid new cable and communication wires for ESPN, etc. Upgraded a few parking areas.. And did a makeover for the press boxes, like Brandon suggested, I don't see why Valdosta couldn't host the N.C. game!?

1.) We have an abundance of hotels beds.

2.) Access from 3 airports. Jacksonville (1.50min); Tallahassee (1.35) and Atlanta (3.0 hours.) 3 direct flights fromr ATL.

3.) Weather at kick off this year, was 64 degrees, with no snow in the forecast. :)

4.) Valdosta, like Florence, great people and Valdosta is a football town.

5.) We have the new Jumbo-Tron.

6.) Rainwater convention center could host all per-game events.

7.) We serve boiled penults at concession stands. I mean, hey!?

Is this just wishful thinking or could the city put in a legitimate bid?? Thoughts?

9. Wild adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Vtown24 View Post
    boil peanuts really just boring put some city in valdosta lets be a lil fancy sell sea food shrimp platters and crab legs people would love that
    No disrespect vtown but are you talking to type? I can’t understand a word your saying but maybe it’s just me.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by UWARTime View Post
    No disrespect vtown but are you talking to type? I can’t understand a word your saying but maybe it’s just everyone.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Haha

I refuse to believe this is real, anymore.

8. Default

You don’t need a lotto winner, you got one in Mr. Schraeder right down the road in Atlanta
    So, does he get to tell you how to spend your money? ;)

Maybe make those building roofs red instead of green, too...
    I wouldn't do that. You don't want to overwhelm anything with your school color. This way makes red and black pop.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerLady View Post

You could run private boxes all the way across the back ....... on both sides.
    If you want more suites, what I would do is:

One row of suites/skyboxes at the top of that side.

Close Brookwood from Slater to Williams but leave one lane through. The TV production trucks and team busses can park there.

New press box on the other side

[QUOTE=UWARTime;2334276]No disrespect vtown but are you talking to type? I can’t understand a word your saying but maybe it’s just me.[/QUOTE its just you

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    If you want more suites, what I would do is:

One row of suites/skyboxes at the top of that side.

Close Brookwood from Slater to Williams but leave one lane through. The TV production trucks and team busses can park there.

New press box on the other side
    One of my favorite thing about shooting at the Baze is being on the visitors side even though we are at home. Lets us shoot back toward the Blazers on the sideline and our fans in the stands.

Once we moved radio to the same side the personnel setup was complete. (Also the visiting coaches really like being at the same level as the home coaches.)

Things for a new visitors side press box: bathroom, 15-20’ more depth, a bit wider, pre-run cables to field and truck, enclose the back, windows that open out and up to form awnings (or actual awnings) to keep rain off gear, heat/AC, short-width tables, freight elevator to shooting platform...

Lots more but would be a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by Vtown24 View Post
    boil peanuts really just boring put some city in valdosta lets be a lil fancy sell sea food shrimp platters and crab legs people would love that
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcvou0SAxZI

The possible hiccup in that plan will be if Valdosta High builds their own stadium at their new school, as they have been planning to do. If the city will then come to the table with a deal for VSU to purchase, that would be great!

I don’t mind much about the “Baze”, but the press boxes need to be redone. TERRIBLE design, it’s as if they never asked anyone who actually used the press box what they would like to see. This is true on both sides of the field! The tables are so wide you can’t see the whole field when you sit down, and are shiny metal so they get very hot and reflect the sun into your eyes. There is no way to run cables to the field. No bathroom on the visitor side so you have to fight the crowd at half time, and no awnings so if it rains the gear (and you) get wet.

Would LOVE to be on the committee for a re-design!
    I'm sure it will happen eventually, it makes too much sense but until then, I suggest we stand pat. If there's a major renovation before VHS builds, maybe we can get some of those renovations done on the state's dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Rational Observer View Post
    So, does he get to tell you how to spend your money? ;)
    Yep sends me a budget every month!

From recent Falcon articles here in Atlanta, you might want to speed up the Schraeder contributions....

Quote Originally Posted by boyblue View Post
    I'm sure it will happen eventually, it makes too much sense but until then, I suggest we stand pat. If there's a major renovation before VHS builds, maybe we can get some of those renovations done on the state's dime.
    I really enjoyed the Blazers season of success, I even changed my avatar in support. I wish them many years of continued success (except one game a year)
    that being said, this thread is beginning to sound a LOT like UWF's after their success last year... what they did, what they are going to do, new stadium,
    eventually moving to FCS, nobody could stop them wait til next year.......
    ENJOY the moment, future success (or relevance) is not guaranteed until that success is repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    I really enjoyed the Blazers season of success, I even changed my avatar in support. I wish them many years of continued success (except one game a year)
    that being said, this thread is beginning to sound a LOT like UWF's after their success last year... what they did, what they are going to do, new stadium,
    ENJOY the moment, future success (or relevance) is not guaranteed until that success is repeated.
    Most of the long-timers have been here before and know the drill, I think. We know a new stadium and D1 are a ways off (if ever).

Nice to dream of some stadium improvements, though...

This is a very good article/clips/interviews/stats from game.

VSU had a brilliant run game all season. Against Ferris, we averaged only 2.9 yards per rush. There are some other interest stats and records broke.
    And some interesting 'firsts' for the NC game.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...te-wins-fourth
    Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-31-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    This is true. We're just daydreaming a bit. Most Blazer fans know that it takes a lot of hard work to repeat the season we had, and every team will be out to beat us next year. This is truly a great conference. So to our players......workouts begin Jan. 2!

#BlazerNation

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415