Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: JAYRU !!!!!!!!!!!

Contribute to D2

Default JAYRU !!!!!!!!!!!

He's won the Harlon Hill!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: JAYRU !!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to him!.. That's 2 different Harlon Hills winner for TA and the Bulldogs.

Blog Entries

I don’t get it. Good year? Sure. HHT worthy? I don’t think so. If you want proof, look no further than the PO game against NW.

Amir Hall was jobbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    I don’t get it. Good year? Sure. HHT worthy? I don’t think so. If you want proof, look no further than the PO game against NW.

Amir Hall was jobbed.
    Look at the playoff games against OBU and MSU!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    Look at the playoff games against OBU and MSU!
    Voting was done before the MSU game. As for OBU, he had less than 200yds of total offense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Looter View Post
    He's won the Harlon Hill!!!!!!!!!!
    But he won't win the ring.

Amir Hall was jobbed.
    How was he jobbed? Can't just look at Hall's passing numbers. Jayru didn't play in the 2nd half of a number of games and missed a game due to injury.

Yet still he beat Amir Hall in Passing Efficiency and Yds per completion. Along with leading nation in points responsible for, Top qb in rushing yds and TDs and finished 11th in rushing even though they stopped running him after he got hurt. No other qb in the top 50.

And even with all of his passing yds, Hall only had 5 more throwing TD's than Jayru. Not even going to mention the difference in the level of competition. As far as the PO game vs NW, took 3 qbs to simulate what he does for the offense.

They got it right. Not sure who else would have won it.

Voting was done before the MSU game. As for OBU, he had less than 200yds of total offense.
    The guy that finished 4th probably didnt get jobbed.

They were up 27-0, and he got pulled in the 3rd..was he suppose to stay in and run up stats?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    It’s a broken system. Hall plays in a conference that only a minority of D2 fans pay attention to. Pun intended.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DawgUp View Post
    They were up 27-0, and he got pulled in the 3rd..was he suppose to stay in and run up stats?
    I was told to look at his stats vs OBU, so I did.

Blog Entries

How was he jobbed? Can't just look at Hall's passing numbers. Jayru didn't play in the 2nd half of a number of games and missed a game due to injury.

Yet still he beat Amir Hall in Passing Efficiency and Yds per completion. Along with leading nation in points responsible for, Top qb in rushing yds and TDs and finished 11th in rushing even though they stopped running him after he got hurt. No other qb in the top 50.

And even with all of his passing yds, Hall only had 5 more throwing TD's than Jayru. Not even going to mention the difference in the level of competition. As far as the PO game vs NW, took 3 qbs to simulate what he does for the offense.

They got it right. Not sure who else would have won it.
    Hall still also ran for almost 40 yds per game. Not JC by any means, but good enough to get him #2 in total offense. I’ll give you level of competition, but his passing efficiency is skewed because his receivers broke long runs after the catch (hence the yds per comp).

Hall is a passer who could run when it was there. Campbell is a runner who’s passing is mediocre, and he has a better OL and weapons around him that make those passing numbers what they are. I would put money down that if JC played NW, the Bulldogs wouldn’t have sniffed 600 yds of offense.

Simply put, it was a team award this year.

Hall still also ran for almost 40 yds per game. Not JC by any means, but good enough to get him #2 in total offense. I’ll give you level of competition, but his passing efficiency is skewed because his receivers broke long runs after the catch (hence the yds per comp).

Hall is a passer who could run when it was there. Campbell is a runner who’s passing is mediocre, and he has a better OL and weapons around him that make those passing numbers what they are. I would put money down that if JC played NW, the Bulldogs wouldn’t have sniffed 600 yds of offense.

Hall is a better quarterback and you right Campbell is more of a runner with a dynamic offensive line and a better receivers and talent around him to make him look better. If Hall had line and talent around him his numbers would be better and I rather have a quarterback with better passing numbers than rushing even though I love a quarterback who can extend plays with feet or buy extra time to find a open receiver not just run 1st and past last

So by your logic, we would still be playing today if we sat Jayru for the season and played with our 3 backup QBs? Jayru ran our offense well and Hall ran his offense well.

Hall played in a pass happy system, so yes his numbers should be skewed. Also, Bowie loss three games and played a number of close ones, meaning they weren't shutting down their offense by half time. They were still throwing well into the 4th qtr. So I'm sure that assisted his passing numbers as well.

Team award? I guess Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins and Tua Tagovailoa talented teams didn't have anything to do with their success...I take it you believe they would have been at the Heisman award if their teams were 6-5 and not in the playoff hunt. Team success is part of the criteria. Look at the top 3 Harlon finishers...see any losers on that list?

As far as the NW game, don't think the coach went in looking to see how many yds he could put up. And I can guaranty he wasn't going to run Jayru as much as he did a 3 qb system. That said, Jayru probably wouldn't have thrown a pick 6, bobbled 2 snaps and fumbled inside our own 5 yd line. So the beat down would have been worse.
    Last edited by DawgUp; 12-15-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Amir Hall was jobbed.
    I was told to look at his stats vs OBU, so I did.
    Remind me again exactly when the final voting is done. Are we sure that the possibility of having the HH winner in the NC is not a key factor?

Blog Entries

So by your logic, we would still be playing today if we sat Jayru for the season and played with our 3 backup QBs? Jayru ran our offense well and Hall ran his offense well.

Hall played in a pass happy system, so yes his numbers should be skewed. Also, Bowie loss three games and played a number of close ones, meaning they weren't shutting down their offense by half time. They were still throwing well into the 4th qtr. So I'm sure that assisted his passing numbers as well.

Team award? I guess Kyler Murray, Dwayne Haskins and Tua Tagovailoa talented teams didn't have anything to do with their success...I take it you believe they would have been at the Heisman award if their teams were 6-5 and not in the playoff hunt. Team success is part of the criteria. Look at the top 3 Harlon finishers...see any losers on that list?

As far as the NW game, don't think the coach went in looking to see how many yds he could put up. And I can guaranty he wasn't going to run Jayru as much as he did a 3 qb system. That said, Jayru probably wouldn't have thrown a pick 6, bobbled 2 snaps and fumbled inside our own 5 yd line. So the beat down would have been worse.
    Oh I am not saying NW would have won by any means. In fact, I agree the score probably would have been worse. But FSU undeniably had an advantage from a preparation standpoint when Campbell didn’t play.

FSU has what I believe to be the best team in D2 this year. Again, they didn’t skip a beat when Jayru missed his game. Tony Annese has an extremely effective system, and JC is the latest benefactor. That doesn’t make him the best player in D2, imo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison View Post
    Remind me again exactly when the final voting is done. Are we sure that the possibility of having the HH winner in the NC is not a key factor?
    The nine finalists were named clear back on Nov 28th. I believe voting had to be done the day before the semifinals, but I admit I’m not 100% sure on that.

Only 113 of the 166 SIDs voted. That is part of why the system is broken. I don’t have any info on who those voters that didn’t vote are, but that is a lot of points that didn’t get tallied.

"For the first time in the 33-year history of the award, the top two finishers will meet in the national title game. "

Believe me, Wells is no slouch either. And with a stable of r.b.'s, he rates 5th in rushing, and has scored 18 rushing touchdowns.

The nine finalists were named clear back on Nov 28th. I believe voting had to be done the day before the semifinals, but I admit I’m not 100% sure on that.

Only 113 of the 166 SIDs voted. That is part of why the system is broken. I don’t have any info on who those voters that didn’t vote are, but that is a lot of points that didn’t get tallied.
    Maybe it should be in their job description that they are required to cast a ballot. If they don't vote,maybe a small penalty of some sort would be imposed on their school. Just a random thought. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast