Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSIC influence in the Alliance of American Football

Default NSIC influence in the Alliance of American Football

The NSIC will have a healthy showing in the newly formed Alliance of American Football. Is anybody besides myself excited for this?

San Antonio Commanders
    Mickey, Max RB Sioux Falls
    Myers, Robert LB Minnesota State

Salt Lake Stallions
    Etta, Emeka DB Wayne State
    Spencer, Andrew DB Winona State

Memphis Express
    Papilion, Luke TE Sioux Falls

Birmingham Iron
    Lee, Sam G Augustana

Arizona Hotshots
    Krause, Jake G Bemidji State

Default Re: NSIC influence in the Alliance of American Football

Nobody?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticSportReport View Post
    The NSIC will have a healthy showing in the newly formed Alliance of American Football. Is anybody besides myself excited for this?

San Antonio Commanders

Salt Lake Stallions

Memphis Express

Birmingham Iron
    Lee, Sam G Augustana

Arizona Hotshots

Oddly....I hadn't heard this one yet..

Memphis Express

When Luke tried out for the NFL he was rolled out there as a QB. I also thought that was a mistake. His throwing was never NFL-ish....his running and athleticism was his deal. His size would be pretty good for a TE role....he would need to be more physical in the blocking game....but if you've ever stood next to Papilion, he's a big dude up-close. This might be an interesting one to watch..

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Memphis Express

When Luke tried out for the NFL he was rolled out there as a QB. I also thought that was a mistake. His throwing was never NFL-ish....his running and athleticism was his deal. His size would be pretty good for a TE role....he would need to be more physical in the blocking game....but if you've ever stood next to Papilion, he's a big dude up-close. This might be an interesting one to watch..
    That is an interesting change in position. Yes, blocking might pose a problem but I bet they do mostly pass plays. A linebacker covering him would be a real matchup problem.

Memphis Express

Back when he was playing for USF and there were NFL rumblings I thought the same thing: he would fit better as a tight end. As a QB he would have been more of a Cam Newton than a Tom Brady.

I'm 6'1 225 lbs and when I stood next to Luke he made me look tiny.

Zach Miller, TE for the Bears who hopefully will play again after his knee dislocation and arterial damage, was a stud QB for Omaha. Very similar to Papilion.

Wasn't LP ranked something like the #25 QB in CFB for his senior season? I remember hearing that somewhere. I was bummed to see he never got a shot in the NFL.

In any case, he was amazing to watch the one time I got to do so. He almost even outplayed Blake!

Wishing him all the best...

San Antonio Commanders

Salt Lake Stallions

Memphis Express

Birmingham Iron
    Lee, Sam G Augustana

Arizona Hotshots
    This league is a great option for young men who love playing the game of football and have some serious football skills. OG Sam Lee of Augustana had NFL aspirations, perhaps players can hone on their skills and the NFL can become a reality!

I noticed RB Max Mickey is no longer on the San Antonio squad. Anyone know more details?

Any USF fans aware of Max Mickey's current football plans?

11. Default Re: NSIC influence in the Alliance of American Football

I'm not certain if anyone here is interested in this sort of thing, but Topps will be releasing some AAF cards in early March.

The checklist hasn't been announced yet, but I'm assuming some (if not all) of the NSIC guys should be included. I like collecting the cards of former NSIC guys so I figured I'd pass this info along too just in case:

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/...football-cards

This new league interests me, but since no games are televised or online I will never view their action.

Blog Entries

Any USF fans aware of Max Mickey's current football plans?
    I haven't heard anything new about Max. That said, I'm sure players drop off from this league and/or team..whether it's injury, being cut, or deciding to head to one of the other leagues like the CFL or overseas.

With the league just being 2 weeks away from starting gameplay....those of us who still enjoy seeking out the D2 guys, this league might be fun. Here is more about the league on the link below.

https://aaf.com/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    This new league interests me, but since no games are televised or online I will never view their action.
    While I don't recall things perfectly, I do believe their first week is televised on CBS and then the weeks that follow on CBS Sports (deep into your cable dial). I don't have their info infront of me. I'm a bit surprised they aren't on Spike or TBS or something that's tied-in with CBS....as you'd think it would get better ratings than their existing programming on a Sat night, etc.

I legitimately am quite excited for this league. I think they have the teams in the right locations to get some fan base built up. Hopefully the NFL latches on quickly and it becomes more of a minor league

Blog Entries

@WittD2Football
    More
    The new Alliance of American Football (AAF) will start the week after the Super Bowl. 8 teams who just got down to final rosters. Local hopefuls Max Mickey and Luke Papilion (USF), Austin Kuhnert (NDSU), and Sam Lee (Augie) were in camps but fell short of final rosters.

@WittD2Football
    More
    The new Alliance of American Football (AAF) will start the week after the Super Bowl. 8 teams who just got down to final rosters. Local hopefuls Max Mickey and Luke Papilion (USF), Austin Kuhnert (NDSU), and Sam Lee (Augie) were in camps but fell short of final rosters.
    Non D2 but some local kids made the San Diego Fleet final roster.... Philip Nelson, yes that Philip Nelson, and Andrew Shelter DT

@WittD2Football
    More
    Bummer to hear this. I saw final cuts had been made last night and check the roster for both Papillion and Lee, both were still listed so I didn't quite believe your tweet this morning. BUT looks like it was an page that hadn't been updated or was even the actual AAF page. So i messed up there. Memphis and Birmingham are easy trips for me down here, was hoping to catch a game or two.

Still pretty excited for this league. I think it has some great potential. One, additional football opportunities for borderline NFL guys (many who we root for at our level) Two, pace of the game. My absolute biggest issue with FBS and NFL games. I long for the ability to attend more USF/D2 games for this reason alone, the pace of play. The TV timeouts for these SEC games can be brutal to the flow. In the AAF: "There are no television timeouts during games and an ongoing effort to have fewer commercials to reduce overall game time to roughly 150 minutes instead of 180 minutes in the NFL."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Non D2 but some local kids made the San Diego Fleet final roster.... Philip Nelson, yes that Philip Nelson, and Andrew Shelter DT
    Zimmy, I wouldn't have made mention of Philip Nelson no matter the situation....given his actions of 4-5 years ago.

Initially, the Head Coaches will probably draw the most attn to the AAF.
    Mike Singletary, Memphis
    Mike Martz, San Diego
    Steve Spurrier, Orlando
    Brad Childress, Atlanta
    Mike Riley, San Antonio
    Dennis Erickson, Salt Lake City
    Rick Neuheisel, Arizona
    Tim Lewis, Birmingham

Zimmy, I wouldn't have made mention of Philip Nelson no matter the situation....given his actions of 4-5 years ago.

Initially, the Head Coaches will probably draw the most attn to the AAF.
    Mike Singletary, Memphis
    Mike Martz, San Diego
    Steve Spurrier, Orlando
    Brad Childress, Atlanta
    Mike Riley, San Antonio
    Dennis Erickson, Salt Lake City
    Rick Neuheisel, Arizona
    Tim Lewis, Birmingham
    I thought Childress bailed on Atlanta?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast