Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Angelo making some changes...

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Where is the DB help???

Where is the help to stop teams from killing the Rams with the over the middle pass???

Where is THE GUY that will bring complete discipline to this team???

Where is THE GUY that will FIX the mental, emotional, and motivational factors of the players???

That's my concern. Because THAT GUY is not on campus.
    We have got to address the speed deficiency especially in a 2nd and 3rd levels defensively. That is a huge glaring weakness!

2. Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

So far I’ve seen 4 juco commits. 1 DB, 1 WR, and 2 OL.

That’s just what I’ve seen on Twitter. I wonder if they’ll do a write up on on transfer signees. I haven’t seen anything in the past though so I won’t hold my breath.

Where is the DB help???

Where is the help to stop teams from killing the Rams with the over the middle pass???

Where is THE GUY that will bring complete discipline to this team???

Where is THE GUY that will FIX the mental, emotional, and motivational factors of the players???

That's my concern. Because THAT GUY is not on campus.
    I’m still scratching my head over hiring a guy whose Defense was shredded on multiple occasions. I don’t see much changing at ASU unless he finds others who can coach for him.

Clark is a good hire who can bring some energy but he is a DLine coach from what I’ve been told.

Wholesale changes need to be made. No excuse for choking up that huge lead in the Bowl game.

4. Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

Girsch had a top level Defense every year since he’s been here and with much less superior talent than the top conference teams. They’ll be fine if they can recruit well.

Also completely unfair to judge how he’ll do in the future with the two games he did coach. He’ll have no excuses though this next season. ASU must show improvement for the Alumni to believe in him.

I think he’s up to the task. It sounds like he’s been a much more aggressive recruiter thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFamAlum View Post
    Girsch had a top level Defense every year since he’s been here and with much less superior talent than the top conference teams. They’ll be fine if they can recruit well.

Also completely unfair to judge how he’ll do in the future with the two games he did coach. He’ll have no excuses though this next season. ASU must show improvement for the Alumni to believe in him.

I think he’s up to the task. It sounds like he’s been a much more aggressive recruiter thus far.
    So, where was this aggression in years past?? Unfair!!! Hmmm. You choked up a huge lead says something about you as HC not being able to finish the job. Your a defensive guy and you are spotted an 18 point lead headed into the 4th and not only do you give up the lead you give up 28 points. Inexcusable.

For your sake, he better get some better coaching talent around him or the natives will get a lot more restless. I can’t see anything to this point that would lead me to be optimistic.

What’s really unfair to ASU alums that this guy was given the reins without opening up the job. Remember doing the same thing and expecting a different results is the definition of .... I’ll let you fill in the blank

Btw, I’m sure Midwestern and Tarleton are reloading and have expectations for next season. TAMUC IMO has opened the door for ASU to take advantage but I doubt they will.

Also completely unfair to judge how he’ll do in the future with the two games he did coach.He’ll have no excuses though this next season. ASU must show improvement for the Alumni to believe in him.

THIS

7. Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

Looks like Rams ink a good juco corner! Good start to recruiting so far.

We are going to have fill up on JUCO LB's this year as well because we didn't sign a single one last cycle. Hopefully we can find some dudes who can run

9. Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    We are going to have fill up on JUCO LB's this year as well because we didn't sign a single one last cycle. Hopefully we can find some dudes who can run
    I’d be surprised if they brought in any juco ones in. I’m sure we’ll load up on high school but our linebackers we return are really good! And we have a few talented backups that played major roles in special teams. I’m sure somebody will separates themselves to fill Aschenbeck’s spot. Heck they might even move Hunter Kyle to play the Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    6 LBers signed in 2018 between RS & JUCO's

Plus 6 returning.

Should have 12+ before NLI. (If they all stay).

I’d be surprised if they brought in any juco ones in. I’m sure we’ll load up on high school but our linebackers we return are really good! And we have a few talented backups that played major roles in special teams. I’m sure somebody will separates themselves to fill Aschenbeck’s spot. Heck they might even move Hunter Kyle to play the Mike.
    Is Devin Chavez still there? He played LBer first year in HS, then moved to DB. He is a BIG DB 6'3 225 last I heard. And supposed to be a big hitter. In HS he was a shutdown corner who also played the run like a LBer.

I think ASU has moved him to outside LBer. If he developed this past season, he could be a force in 2019.

12. Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

I believe he was injured for this past season and is still there.

I believe he was injured for this past season and is still there.
    Bad regarding injury.....GREAT that he is still at ASU.

Is Devin Chavez still there? He played LBer first year in HS, then moved to DB. He is a BIG DB 6'3 225 last I heard. And supposed to be a big hitter. In HS he was a shutdown corner who also played the run like a LBer.

I think ASU has moved him to outside LBer. If he developed this past season, he could be a force in 2019.
    Is this the kid from River Road HS in Amarillo?

15. Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Correct. Two way starter....plus played baseball, basketball, and T&F.

The football team was terrible. But he was a bright spot. IF he develops and can play at DII speed, I think he could be a serious force. But coming from a losing program, must learn how to win.

I heard ASU picked up a few SERIOUS JUCO players. Can anyone elaborate??

18. Default Re: Angelo making some changes...

I heard ASU picked up a few SERIOUS JUCO players. Can anyone elaborate??
    Here’s the info I’ve seen:
    http://thelscscoop.blogspot.com/2018...date-1227.html

I know they beat out Midwestern on the DB and i also heard Tarleton tried getting the receiver.

I’ve heard coaches excited about the 2 OL they got and I’ve heard the new DC Clark has been a great resource recruiting the Cali Jucos. I have a feeling they’ll keep recruiting juco hard for summer and try to bring another 4-5 impact players.

Here’s the info I’ve seen:
    http://thelscscoop.blogspot.com/2018...date-1227.html

I know they beat out Midwestern on the DB and i also heard Tarleton tried getting the receiver.

I’ve heard coaches excited about the 2 OL they got and I’ve heard the new DC Clark has been a great resource recruiting the Cali Jucos. I have a feeling they’ll keep recruiting juco hard for summer and try to bring another 4-5 impact players.
    I did hear about a 6'7 340 lb OL thats supposed to be NFL quality. Supposedly great feet and speed for his size. He is on campus this semester I believe.

The guys I am talking about are going to be NEW.....not Dec signees.

Will there be any changes to ticketing process? New ticket booth prehaps?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast