Thread: OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

Contribute to D2

Default OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

I will be working with teachers across the border in Blairstown, NJ this week but I am staying in Stroudsburg. Where's the best grub?

I am half tempted to drive to Scranton to get my Dunder Mifflin fix, but not sure an Instagram pic in front of Poor Richard's Pub is worth the 2 hour round trip.
    Hillsdale ‘94

Default Re: OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

Stroudsburg is one of those nice old Victorian towns that hasn't had its downtown abandoned or gutted. East Stroudsburg doesn't have the charm of Stroudsburg. There are some decent local non-chain places but nothing stands out in my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    I will be working with teachers across the border in Blairstown, NJ this week but I am staying in Stroudsburg. Where's the best grub?

I am half tempted to drive to Scranton to get my Dunder Mifflin fix, but not sure an Instagram pic in front of Poor Richard's Pub is worth the 2 hour round trip.
    Poor Richard's is a bust ... unless you bowl.

Get some Pizza by Alfredo.

Seruous note the seafood place from the show is pretty legit.

4. Default Re: OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

ChargerBlue,

I sent you a pers. message. Please check.

Also, don't forget to stop by the ESU bookstore for a nice ESU Hoodie! haha

5. Default Re: OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

I know years ago you could go to the Steamtown mall (now known as the Marketplace) and get your picture in front of the "Scranton Welcomes You" sign that they aired during the opening credits of "The Office".

6. Default Re: OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Seruous note the seafood place from the show is pretty legit.
    Cooper's?

Depends on how badly you want that pic. The entire Scranton-Wilkes Barre area is a desolate place (IMHO). If you went to Scranton you'd probably realize it was a mistake. Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg are pretty nice. Are you working at The Blair Academy?

Downtown Stroudsburg is your best bet most likely, it's definitely the more charming of the two town centers. East Stroudsburg is primarily residential and really functions as an extension of Stroudsburg as much as its own town. I was a big fan of the old Dansbury Depot, but after the fire it was replaced by Trackside Grill, which is fine, but more generic. In Stroudsburg I'm partial to the Sarah Street Grill but there are definitely a few decent options you have.

Can we have a Dunder Mifflin thread? Man, do I miss that show.

Thanks for all of the great information. I am working with North Warren Regional HS. Sounds like I wait on Scranton until I head back that way next summer. Stroudsburg sounds like it’s got plenty of options. Warrior gave me some good insight.

Yes, an Office thread would be awesome. Currently binging Season 8 and 9 while waiting for my flight from GR to Newark.

Seasons 1-3 were some of the funniest televison shows ever in my opinion.

Dinner Party was a great episode, too. I still have no idea how they ever filmed that scene when Michael was showing off his 12" Flat Screen. Amazing how they kept straight faces. On the outtakes they just couldn't do it.

The amazing thing is The Office is alive and well. It's reborn to this high school and college generation.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

12. Default Re: OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

Thanks for all of the great information. I am working with North Warren Regional HS. Sounds like I wait on Scranton until I head back that way next summer. Stroudsburg sounds like it’s got plenty of options. Warrior gave me some good insight.

Yes, an Office thread would be awesome. Currently binging Season 8 and 9 while waiting for my flight from GR to Newark.
    There are two or 3 blocks downtown with a bunch of restaurants and bars. A place called Yard of Ale is pretty good (more of an upscale brew pub feel, but they don’t make their own beer), and there is a nice Irish pub a few doors down as well.

Rudy's Tavern in East Stroudsburg is a MUST!!!! Great bar food, and the bar bill won't bust your wallet! Log Cabin on Rte 46, just on the Jersey side of the Delaware is a great spot too!!!

14. Default Re: OT: Best Food in Stroudsburg/E. Stroudsburg?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Rudy's Tavern in East Stroudsburg is a MUST!!!! Great bar food, and the bar bill won't bust your wallet! Log Cabin on Rte 46, just on the Jersey side of the Delaware is a great spot too!!!
    I wouldn't recommend Rudy's to a visitor looking to have a nice meal. Yeah the bar food is good, but it is more of a college, early twenties bar scene. $1 drafts and supers.

I haven't visited the site much since the end of the season but just wanted to thank everyone for the suggestions.

I stayed at the Hampton a couple of blocks from downtown so it was an easy walk to Happy Hour. Sampled several including Yard of Ale and then ended up at Siamsa Irish Pub for dinner.

Great area with great people on both side of the river. Maybe Hillsdale and the Warriors can hook up OOC sometime....or in the playoffs.
    Hillsdale ‘94