Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

Another set of rankings that I find interesting but have no bearing on actual regional rankings is Massey.

1 NWMSU
    2 Northern
    3 Washburn
    4 Mo Southern
    5 S Nazarene
    6 Wayne St
    7 Lincoln
    8 St Cloud
    9 Mankato
    10 Duluth

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    If I recall correctly, Crookston, another team with a losing conference record, recently gave the mighty wolves everything they could handle on the wolves home floor.
    Correct...and Truman and Chadron...what's your point? I was speaking of Simon Fraser not of Moorhead. Sheesh
    Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-10-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Correct and Truman and Chadron...what's your point? I was speaking of Simon Fraser not of Moorhead. Sheesh
    Point is not sure what it means if a team is under .500 in a conference. Teams under .500 in conference beat top teams in conferences all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Also raises the point that the national rankings are kind of a joke. Damn near impossible that there are no NSIC teams in the top 25.
    Agreed...won’t be surprised at all if nsic representatives have another good showing at the regional. Playing a lot tough competition in conference will have nsic teams ready.

So it isn't WAAAAAYYY too early anymore, but I didn't see another thread.

I think, after an unfortunate performance at Mankato on Saturday plus St Cloud's upset (?) win at Northern, Wayne is now sitting squarely in 4th place among the NSIC contestants. Yes, Wayne also has a nice win at Northern, but the Wildcats are 0-3 vs Mankato and St Cloud. Looks like they need to win their last two games and then perform well in the NSIC tournament, while simultaneously one of the top 3 needs to falter. I'm just not confident the NSIC will get four teams in. Bummer.

If anyone wants to argue that Wayne could currently be in the top 3 of the NSIC I'm willing to listen. Unfortunately what I see thus far is that they haven't yet found a way to beat teams that have superior athletic ability. Hustle and scheme can only go so far against the length and quickness of the Huskies and Mavs (especially when Gage Davis is in Beast Mode).

I am wondering how many bids the MIAA will get. Lincoln lost both of their games last week and Fort Hays lost one. They are both 9-6 in the league sitting in a tie for 4th place. Lincoln has their last 4 games at home and a huge one on Sat against Washburn. Fort Hays has a big game next week against Southern. I think one of those teams can get in but they still have some work to do. I think Washburn and Southern are in unless they totally collapse in the last 4. The MIAA tourney may determine if the conf gets 4 in or not.

Barring any big collapses I would say Northwest Mo, Washburn, Mo Southern, Northern, St Cloud, and Southern Nazarene are in. That leaves 2 spots for everyone else to fight for. Those could very well go to conference champs outside of those six. Southern Arkansas might have the easiest path to claiming a bid out of the GAC, but they do have at least one more game against Nazarene left. Lincoln, Wayne, Mankato, Sioux Falls, and Moorhead could have a claim to the last spot but I don't think any of them have done enough yet to earn it. The last couple spots will be earned in the conference tourneys.

Quote Originally Posted by cat fan View Post
    So it isn't WAAAAAYYY too early anymore, but I didn't see another thread.

I think, after an unfortunate performance at Mankato on Saturday plus St Cloud's upset (?) win at Northern, Wayne is now sitting squarely in 4th place among the NSIC contestants. Yes, Wayne also has a nice win at Northern, but the Wildcats are 0-3 vs Mankato and St Cloud. Looks like they need to win their last two games and then perform well in the NSIC tournament, while simultaneously one of the top 3 needs to falter. I'm just not confident the NSIC will get four teams in. Bummer.

If anyone wants to argue that Wayne could currently be in the top 3 of the NSIC I'm willing to listen. Unfortunately what I see thus far is that they haven't yet found a way to beat teams that have superior athletic ability. Hustle and scheme can only go so far against the length and quickness of the Huskies and Mavs (especially when Gage Davis is in Beast Mode).
    I agree. I've felt going into last weekend that the Mankato game was a must-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Barring any big collapses I would say Northwest Mo, Washburn, Mo Southern, Northern, St Cloud, and Southern Nazarene are in. That leaves 2 spots for everyone else to fight for. Those could very well go to conference champs outside of those six. Southern Arkansas might have the easiest path to claiming a bid out of the GAC, but they do have at least one more game against Nazarene left. Lincoln, Wayne, Mankato, Sioux Falls, and Moorhead could have a claim to the last spot but I don't think any of them have done enough yet to earn it. The last couple spots will be earned in the conference tourneys.
    Assuming the other conferences are won by the top seeds, my gut tells me Moorhead needs to win, at least, their next four games in a row to have any shot at national tourney. Should be higher seed in next three (although on road for next two) games, which doesn’t mean much this year in nsic. Northern and St. Cloud in good shape. Not sure what’s going on after that.

I could see Southern Ark win the GAC tourney and that would probably mean the MIAA and NSIC only get 3 teams each into the regional.

Latest from schnautza in General Discussion has the following:

1. NW
    2. Washburn
    3. Southern Nazarene
    4. Northern St
    5. St Cloud
    6. Mo Southern
    7. Southern Arkansas
    8. Mankato

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out with Regional Rankings tomorrow.

12. Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post

1. NW
    2. Washburn
    3. Southern Nazarene
    4. Northern St
    5. St Cloud
    6. Mo Southern
    7. Southern Arkansas
    8. Mankato

13.40 for Mankato
    13.36 for Lincoln (9th)
    13.35 for SE Oklahoma (10th)

Pretty close stuff at this point...

My guess...

1. Northwest
    2. Northern
    3. Washburn
    4. Missouri Southern
    5. Southern Nazarene
    6. St. Cloud
    7. Mankato
    8. Wayne

Just going off different things I've found. Dont expect to be correct.

1. NW
    2. Washburn
    3. Southern Nazarene
    4. Northern St
    5. St Cloud
    6. Mo Southern
    7. Southern Arkansas
    8. Mankato

No lie, I was really hoping Augie's win against the Mavericks this past weekend would knock them out of the Regional discussion. Sorry Mav fans. You guys are my favorite people on here (besides wscsuperfan), I'm just not a huge fan of MSU's program itself.

15. Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

1. NW
    2. Washburn
    3. Southern Nazarene
    4. Northern St
    5. St Cloud
    6. Mo Southern
    7. Southern Arkansas
    8. Mankato

Dislike

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345