Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Thread: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

  1. #21

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    136 and then 46. When I talked to the locals they said that was basically the only way in. All I could wonder is how many people die on that stretch per year.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,563
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    136 and then 46. When I talked to the locals they said that was basically the only way in. All I could wonder is how many people die on that stretch per year.
    You should of taken 136 through Tarkio and Burlington Jct to 71. 46 is a farm road. It's about the same time wise.

  3. #23

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    136 and then 46. When I talked to the locals they said that was basically the only way in. All I could wonder is how many people die on that stretch per year.
    In addition to what's been mentioned you could stay 4 lane the entire way but it will add 30 minutes or so to the overall trip. Take 29 down to just north of St. Joe and take 71 back North to Maryville. Obviously, longer but 4 lane the entire way. I've heard of a few people who do that when the weather is bad and roads are questionable. Especially students coming from Omaha area.

  4. #24

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    1. Northwest Missouri State University Bearcats
    2. It
    3. Doesn't
    4. Matter
    5. No
    6. One
    7. Will
    8. Ever
    9. Beat
    10. Them

    This is partially for those NWMSU sandbaggers and partially because I have no idea what to make of the region now. A bunch of good teams, but 1 that is clearly the head of the class.

  5. #25

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    I feel like this is going to be a season where the NSIC has a tournament championship who would've otherwise finished outside the Top 8.

  6. #26

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    1. Northwest Missouri State University Bearcats
    2. It
    3. Doesn't
    4. Matter
    5. No
    6. One
    7. Will
    8. Ever
    9. Beat
    10. Them

    This is partially for those NWMSU sandbaggers and partially because I have no idea what to make of the region now. A bunch of good teams, but 1 that is clearly the head of the class.
    That clear favorite you speak of owns just a two point win over your Wolves—if NW is the head of the class, then your Wolves are sitting in the front row with one foot on the teacher’s desk.......

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks
    Posts
    1,332
    Rep Power
    50683

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    That clear favorite you speak of owns just a two point win over your Wolves—if NW is the head of the class, then your Wolves are sitting in the front row with one foot on the teacher’s desk.......
    Which took overtime to get that 2 point win!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    21,983
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    That clear favorite you speak of owns just a two point win over your Wolves—if NW is the head of the class, then your Wolves are sitting in the front row with one foot on the teacher’s desk.......
    Silly Bearcat, that was just game 1 for your freshmen.

  9. #29

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    Silly Bearcat, that was just game 1 for your freshmen.
    This is just a wonderful post. Onions!

  10. #30

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    Silly Bearcat, that was just game 1 for your freshmen.
    True. Also game 1 for many of the Wolves new lineup. I’m sure their team has improved since then as well.

    I concede that NW has proven themselves as one of the top teams in the region. I just don’t see them exponentially better than some of the other solid teams in the league.

    If your viewpoint of the Bearcats was skewed by what happened Saturday night in St. Joe, then I understand how you might think NW is head and shoulders above others. But that game was an outlier—MW just isn’t very good. Sunny, as he stated in his postgame interview that I listened to, was quite clear that he needs to recruit better players than what his roster currently consists of and I would have to agree. I’ll be honest, none of the Griffs stood out as above average in terms of MIAA talent. Sunny can stomp around and do glorified calethstenics all game long, but that’s not going to make his players any more talented. If they haven’t channeled his energy to play any harder than they did Saturday, then I doubt it’s going to happen this year.

    I was expecting a better game, as the Griffs #3 likes to tout himself thru social media as the best freshman in the MIAA and also the best PG. I was curious to see if his game matched his personal hype; but it was clear that he was neither on Saturday night; but most nights he may very well be.

    I hope the Griffs get hot and go on an 10 game heater. That just might make the game in Maryville worth the price of admission.

  11. #31

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    Silly Bearcat, that was just game 1 for your freshmen.
    No, NSU is just clearly a bad matchup for us. We have talented young players but since they played so much in HS they won't really improve, they have peaked (very common with college athletes that they are the same player the day they set foot on campus as when they graduate). We can only hope to avoid NSU in future matchups or our fate is sealed.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    21,983
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    True. Also game 1 for many of the Wolves new lineup. I’m sure their team has improved since then as well.

    I concede that NW has proven themselves as one of the top teams in the region. I just don’t see them exponentially better than some of the other solid teams in the league.

    If your viewpoint of the Bearcats was skewed by what happened Saturday night in St. Joe, then I understand how you might think NW is head and shoulders above others. But that game was an outlier—MW just isn’t very good. Sunny, as he stated in his postgame interview that I listened to, was quite clear that he needs to recruit better players than what his roster currently consists of and I would have to agree. I’ll be honest, none of the Griffs stood out as above average in terms of MIAA talent. Sunny can stomp around and do glorified calethstenics all game long, but that’s not going to make his players any more talented. If they haven’t channeled his energy to play any harder than they did Saturday, then I doubt it’s going to happen this year.

    I was expecting a better game, as the Griffs #3 likes to tout himself thru social media as the best freshman in the MIAA and also the best PG. I was curious to see if his game matched his personal hype; but it was clear that he was neither on Saturday night; but most nights he may very well be.

    I hope the Griffs get hot and go on an 10 game heater. That just might make the game in Maryville worth the price of admission.
    I've seen the Bearcats more than once. As usual, they don't make a lot of mistakes - that means teams have to play close to perfect to beat them. You and Coach Wicks are right that we aren't nearly as talented as Northwest is this year. The lack of energy Saturday night is a mystery, but I suspect the Bearcats' execution had a lot to do with that. Tough to keep fighting when you're down double digits all night long. Honestly, after the women's game I had a feeling that was the way the men's game was going to go - scrappy undermanned team under a first-year energetic coach gets manhandled in a rivalry game in front of a big crowd.

    People say nice things about TC and he retweets them, unless you're following a different No. 3. If that's "touting himself as the best" whatever you may need to loosen your corset and stop clutching your pearls. He is good, better than he showed Saturday night - which got my attention since I like you thought he was having an off night then realized he scored 24 points on 70 percent shooting against what I think even a sandbagging Bearcat could agree is a pretty good backcourt. I would agree he's not better than your freshman PG, if that's what you need to hear.

  13. #33

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    I've seen the Bearcats more than once. As usual, they don't make a lot of mistakes - that means teams have to play close to perfect to beat them. You and Coach Wicks are right that we aren't nearly as talented as Northwest is this year. The lack of energy Saturday night is a mystery, but I suspect the Bearcats' execution had a lot to do with that. Tough to keep fighting when you're down double digits all night long. Honestly, after the women's game I had a feeling that was the way the men's game was going to go - scrappy undermanned team under a first-year energetic coach gets manhandled in a rivalry game in front of a big crowd.

    People say nice things about TC and he retweets them, unless you're following a different No. 3. If that's "touting himself as the best" whatever you may need to loosen your corset and stop clutching your pearls. He is good, better than he showed Saturday night - which got my attention since I like you thought he was having an off night then realized he scored 24 points on 70 percent shooting against what I think even a sandbagging Bearcat could agree is a pretty good backcourt. I would agree he's not better than your freshman PG, if that's what you need to hear.
    I don’t need to hear anything....the proof was in the pudding all night long. He got his points long after the game was decided. Also, last I knew, most people don’t judge a players game on one side of the court. He was at best an average defender on Saturday night and that may be being generous. Maybe he is a good defender but just hasn’t been coached up to show it? I don’t know, but his defensive disinterest was pretty obvious. Of course, that was no different than the other 4 teammates who shared the space with him. Defense is has a lot to do with effort, focus, toughness and preparation. Sunny seems to not have gotten that message across to his players and he admitted as much on his post game presser.

    I don’t know which players on the roster are holdovers and which one are Sunny’s signings. Maybe if he gets his type of player in there he may get better results. I know, first year coach, give him a chance. But effort is one thing you should be able to get across; especially from an energetic coach like him. Maybe he just zaps all the energy away.

  14. #34

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    I've seen the Bearcats more than once. As usual, they don't make a lot of mistakes - that means teams have to play close to perfect to beat them. You and Coach Wicks are right that we aren't nearly as talented as Northwest is this year. The lack of energy Saturday night is a mystery, but I suspect the Bearcats' execution had a lot to do with that. Tough to keep fighting when you're down double digits all night long. Honestly, after the women's game I had a feeling that was the way the men's game was going to go - scrappy undermanned team under a first-year energetic coach gets manhandled in a rivalry game in front of a big crowd.

    People say nice things about TC and he retweets them, unless you're following a different No. 3. If that's "touting himself as the best" whatever you may need to loosen your corset and stop clutching your pearls. He is good, better than he showed Saturday night - which got my attention since I like you thought he was having an off night then realized he scored 24 points on 70 percent shooting against what I think even a sandbagging Bearcat could agree is a pretty good backcourt. I would agree he's not better than your freshman PG, if that's what you need to hear.
    The box score had him for 20 points, not 24. With 8 minutes left he had 10 points and then scored the remaining 10 after Western was down 30 and NW was putting in the end of bench guys.

    I'll give him the benefit of doubt on defense. Bernard put him on skates multiple times but Bernard is capable of doing that to a lot of players. He's an example of the freshmen growth. Earlier in the year, he was too fast for his own good but the game seems to have slowed down for him and he is playing much better, hence why he is now starting.

  15. #35

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    No, NSU is just clearly a bad matchup for us. We have talented young players but since they played so much in HS they won't really improve, they have peaked (very common with college athletes that they are the same player the day they set foot on campus as when they graduate). We can only hope to avoid NSU in future matchups or our fate is sealed.
    This is just plain stupid. Your sandbagging is slipping heavily.

  16. #36

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    This is just plain stupid. Your sandbagging is slipping heavily.
    It's called sarcasm...

  17. #37

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    It's called sarcasm...
    Same.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    21,983
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    I don’t need to hear anything....the proof was in the pudding all night long. He got his points long after the game was decided. Also, last I knew, most people don’t judge a players game on one side of the court. He was at best an average defender on Saturday night and that may be being generous. Maybe he is a good defender but just hasn’t been coached up to show it? I don’t know, but his defensive disinterest was pretty obvious. Of course, that was no different than the other 4 teammates who shared the space with him. Defense is has a lot to do with effort, focus, toughness and preparation. Sunny seems to not have gotten that message across to his players and he admitted as much on his post game presser.

    I don’t know which players on the roster are holdovers and which one are Sunny’s signings. Maybe if he gets his type of player in there he may get better results. I know, first year coach, give him a chance. But effort is one thing you should be able to get across; especially from an energetic coach like him. Maybe he just zaps all the energy away.
    I get that you're trolling here, but it's pretty ironic somebody who cautioned me about the outlier nature of Saturday night's game is willing to make such sweeping judgments about the other team and coach. It's also odd that you're trolling somebody who has said nothing but positive things about your basketball team. But Bearcats gotta Bearcat, I guess. Keep doing you.

  19. #39

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    I get that you're trolling here, but it's pretty ironic somebody who cautioned me about the outlier nature of Saturday night's game is willing to make such sweeping judgments about the other team and coach. It's also odd that you're trolling somebody who has said nothing but positive things about your basketball team. But Bearcats gotta Bearcat, I guess. Keep doing you.
    It's their #culture

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    21,983
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: WAAAAAAYYYY too early Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    The box score had him for 20 points, not 24. With 8 minutes left he had 10 points and then scored the remaining 10 after Western was down 30 and NW was putting in the end of bench guys.

    I'll give him the benefit of doubt on defense. Bernard put him on skates multiple times but Bernard is capable of doing that to a lot of players. He's an example of the freshmen growth. Earlier in the year, he was too fast for his own good but the game seems to have slowed down for him and he is playing much better, hence why he is now starting.
    Yeah, misread that.

    No. 1 was very impressive. I wasn't paying particular attention live, but watched a little bit of the first half again today, and I don't think it was a coincidence that he was on the bench for a lot of the run that cut the lead down to 4.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •