Thread: Way TOO EARLY out look for 2019 season

Contribute to D2

Default Way TOO EARLY out look for 2019 season

Yesterday’s loss was definitely a tough pill to swallow. But already looking forward to next season?

Just wondering how you guys think your teams are going to fare next year?

As for the mavs, virtually everyone returns on offense as we lose only one senior who had around 150 receiving yards on the year. So the offense should be even more explosive then before, but, the QBs need to be more consistent with their accuracy. Their accuracies were good throughout the regular season but dropped off in the playoffs.

On defense we only lose 3 starters. Our secondary should be better and everyone returns for LB’s. We do lose 2 key starters on the d line who were a stable for our D for years. I’m do think we have guys who are capable of filling those roles nicely but I think our running defense will take a slight step back for the first couple of weeks of next season.

Non arguably our biggest loss will be our kicker. He was probably the best kicker we’ve ever had imo. Next year, as it stands, Luke Williams (Fr) is the next man up. But with the Mavericks in “Win now” mode next year, it wouldnt surprise me if they try to bring in a grad transfer kicker.

Next years team should be better than this year’s team just by looking at who is coming back next year. In my opinion, the 2019 team will be the best team they’ve fielded since they went to the national championship in 2014.

Default Re: Way TOO EARLY out look for 2019 season

Oh my goodness... I must be tired, I meant to post this on the NSIC thread my bad haha!

I don’t know how to delete threads on here...?

Default Re: Way TOO EARLY out look for 2019 season

Good luck to Ferris St in the championship game though!