Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Default Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    Isn’t there a max number of full time coaches for the various levels of NCAA football? For some reason I was thinking five was the number for D2, but I could be wrong. I know Tarleton has more than five but we don’t have 21. Just wondering how schools are getting around the max number?
    I’ve asked the same question for the better part of a year now. No one seems to know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    I’ve asked the same question for the better part of a year now. No one seems to know the answer.
    DI is 1 HC, 10 AC, 4 GA. There can be more support staff, but they can not be ON FIELD coaches.

*Note: AC used to be 9. I believe that changed to 10 this past year.

** I read nothing in the NCAA DII manual regarding # of coaches allowed. Nor do I find such a rule other than that for FBS.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 01-02-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    DI is 1 HC, 10 AC, 4 GA. There can be more support staff, but they can not be ON FIELD coaches.

*Note: AC used to be 9. I believe that changed to 10 this past year.

** I read nothing in the NCAA DII manual regarding # of coaches allowed. Nor do I find such a rule other than that for FBS.
    What is interesting is that a team is allowed 30 headsets during a game. Just how much information do they need to play a game.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    What is interesting is that a team is allowed 30 headsets during a game. Just how much information do they need to play a game.
    For some teams, evidently more than they are getting. Lol.

There is something fundamentally wrong when we can afford to build $70M HS football stadiums, fund 30 headsets for 130 FBS teams, (and a slew of other frivolous spending), while we have homeless war vets all over our country......and dying children who can't pay for lifesaving treatments.

There is something fundamentally wrong when we can afford to build $70M HS football stadiums, fund 30 headsets for 130 FBS teams, (and a slew of other frivolous spending), while we have homeless war vets all over our country......and dying children who can't pay for lifesaving treatments.
    AMEN!!!

You have to wonder who is talking to who or it's just to have a headset to look like important.

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    You have to wonder who is talking to who or it's just to have a headset to look like important.
    The Commerce coaches listen to the radio broadcast on theirs during the game. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    The Commerce coaches listen to the radio broadcast on theirs during the game. ;)
    They must really be hard up if they are depending the LSC F Troop broadcasters for information

They must really be hard up if they are depending the LSC F Troop broadcasters for information
    Hey now, Charlie usually eventually gets the players name right with a little help from that other guy.

Lol

LMAO!!! Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Hey now, Charlie usually eventually gets the players name right with a little help from that other guy.
    Charlie is not the "other guy"?

Haha not at all....Charlie is the man.

Looks like Commerce signed another QB from California. Thats 3 in a row now. Armando Herrera out of San Bernardino College. Looks like a dual threat type. Good arm, good touch from what I see on his hudl page: http://www.hudl.com/profile/5323436/Armando-Herrera

Well spring practice should be interesting. Just saw this on Twitter:

Texas A&M-Commerce (@Lion_Athletics) Coach David Bailiff has a unique group of volunteer coaches to help during spring ball including 1989 Heisman Trophy winner Andre Ware,former #Texans DT Travis Johnson (@trapj99),former Rice/Michigan RB @sam_mcguffie &former TCU DE Bo Schobel.

Andre Ware: "I love Coach Bailiff. I was flattered that he asked. I'd like to teach them how to win in preparation for game day. How to study your opponent and get a competitive advantage pre-snap. It's impossible for a QB to prepare for a game on 20 hours per week."

Travis Johnson: "I'm going over there to help Coach Bailiff install his philosophy and help install his culture for the defense to play sideline to sideline with no seat belt."

Sam McGuffie: "It's an absolute privilege. Coach Bailiff is one of the finest coaches, one of the finest individuals. So anything to help out his guys and help him out. Just want to give back and give some of my knowledge to his players."

Bo Schobel finished 3rd in career sacks at TCU and won a Super Bowl ring with the Colts.

17. Default Re: Former Rice Coach David Bailiff hired at Texas A&M-Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    Yea it looks like outside of the coordinators and one other assistant coach, the entire coaching staff from this year is back. Love seeing this, there's a lot of REALLY good young coaches on that staff. I've always really liked Yogi Gallegos, Michael Conrad and Tim Bliel a lot. They've got really bright futures in coaching.

scratch Conrad from that list. He's now with the Northeastern State Chickenhawks.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    scratch Conrad from that list. He's now with the Northeastern State Chickenhawks.
    Def Coordinator, good for him

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    Wow. OOOOOUCH. I understand he was the guy that really drove those LBers to be as good as they were. Tough loss.

Even a bigger loss is the fact that he was the DFW recruiter.

Good for Conrad. TAMUC, not so much. UGH.

Wow. OOOOOUCH. I understand he was the guy that really drove those LBers to be as good as they were. Tough loss.

Even a bigger loss is the fact that he was the DFW recruiter.

Good for Conrad. TAMUC, not so much. UGH.
    Our new d coordinator was a first team all American linebacker at Virginia Tech and played lb in the NFL for awhile, I'm assuming he was taking over lb's regardless.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast