Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

Contribute to D2

Default Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

I am going under.

Wins
    NSU
    MOSO
    Since Lincoln is back on the schedule, possible win.

I see no other winnable games.

How sad.
    Last edited by cbgorilla; 12-08-2018 at 08:13 AM.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

2. Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

What’s the reason to expect a drop off next year? Tim Beck is a 6-8 win coach. The line should be set at 7 wins every year. We’ll win all 3 gimmes (Lincoln is back), lose to NW and Hays, and every other game is essentially a coin flip.

Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    What’s the reason to expect a drop off next year? Tim Beck is a 6-8 win coach. The line should be set at 7 wins every year. We’ll win all 3 gimmes (Lincoln is back), lose to NW and Hays, and every other game is essentially a coin flip.
    I agree with this. I think the floor is 5-7 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    I agree with this. I think the floor is 5-7 wins.
    Agree. you are 3-2 with the others being coin flips. If you split half of those you are at your floor.

Quote Originally Posted by cbgorilla View Post
    I am going under.

Wins
    NSU
    MOSO

I see no other winnable games.

How sad.
    This is ridiculous... You have no idea who is coming in. Despicable.

Has the "awful" Beck ever had a losing season as Head Coach?

Get your head out of your rear.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    This is ridiculous... You have no idea who is coming in. Despicable.

Has the "awful" Beck ever had a losing season as Head Coach?

Get your head out of your rear.
    Your reading and comprehension skills aren’t very good huh?

In 2009 he was 5-6
    2010 he was 6-6...would have been 5-6 without the invitation to whoop an inferior team in a bowl game.

I know who’s not coming in...a new HC, which is what this program needs.
    Also, it’s my opinion and that’s all that matters.
    Last edited by cbgorilla; 12-07-2018 at 07:41 PM.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    QB play is a HUGE ?
    OL-average at best
    RB-see OL
    WR-see OL
    TE-what is that?

DL-average
    LB-HUGE ?
    DB-yikes!
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Sorry, 1 losing season, his first. Everyone loses players every year, but somehow they make due.

Sorry that you’re an idiot and can’t see what we have returning, two all conference wide receivers.

Two promising, Yet rough around the edges qbs that saw significant meaningful time last year.

Nearly all our OL, which was in the top of the conference in rushing which also has two stud running backs.

I agree on linebackers. But I’m sure it will get worked out.

Our secondary won’t be as bad as you suggest. Salamea and hornback, Hardin should be back, plus several younger guys that saw time last year.

The sky is not falling and let’s hope we can build on last year and hopefully have a little bit more consistent offensive groove.

Sorry, 1 losing season, his first. Everyone loses players every year, but somehow they make due.

Sorry that you’re an idiot and can’t see what we have returning, two all conference wide receivers.

Two promising, Yet rough around the edges qbs that saw significant meaningful time last year.

Nearly all our OL, which was in the top of the conference in rushing which also has two stud running backs.

Our secondary won’t be as bad as you suggest. Salamea and hornback, Hardin should be back, plus several younger guys that saw time last year.

The sky is not falling and let’s hope we can build on last year and hopefully have a little bit more consistent offensive groove.
    So, I am an idiot because I don’t agree with you? How pathetic is your life?
    Sent from my GorillaPad

If we don't make the playoffs...it's a losing season. At least once upon a time that was the standard. Now, fans are dropping the standard to accommodate Tim Beck.

WR? West was more dangerous on a jet sweep than a deep route. West nor Clemons could separate themselves against the better teams. They got their yards with medium routes and bigger plays against the weaker teams. Neither has shown the ability just to beat defenses deep. Both are good WRs, won't argue that but neither are the type that teams have to game plan around.

QBs big ?. Huge. They need to develop and that is the issue that has been surrounding Pitt State for many years. Developing talent. With that inability by this Coaching staff that puts the doubt of significant improvement by our QBs in question.

OL can rush until the redzone. Or 3rd or 4th and 1. How many times did we get stalemated at the goal line or LOS because when the other team knew we were going to line up and run we couldn't. Can't remember who it was against but Brown came in at the goal line and we tried on 3 straight runs to score and we lost a yard and a half. Tried to do it again a game or so later and same result and didn't see that formation or Brown in the game for the rest of the year on those situations.

Hornback got abused a couple of games at the end of the season. Salamea is aggressive around the LOS but didn't see him a whole lot covering WR and think he is a great cover guy. Again, Pitt needs to develop, I hope Nate can do it.

Sky is not falling. It already has.....

No playoffs in 4 years and only 2 playoffs seasons in the last 9 years. All under Tim Beck.

I'm thinking 7 wins.

I think we lose to NW, FHSU, MWSU and either to WU, ESU, or UCM.

OL and blocking schemes straight suck.

RB is a huge plus, not a negative. Horack and Adkins are the most talented backs Pitt has had in a really long time. Both would get lots of carries with any team in the conference.

Lb and q.b are both huge question marks.

D line improved quite a bit this season, but we're kind of a one trick pony.

D backs are a mixed bag. Hardin is a shutdown corner, but the dropoff is big once you get past him. Some good youngish safeties in the mix who have improved and will hopefully continue to do so.

WR is tricky. QB play was so spotty last year with 2 frosh and Jr who only threw a handful of catchable deep balls all year that it's hard to judge the wr's, but I would say they need some help there overall. Also worth mentioning that John Brown wouldn't have been great trying to produce out of 1 or 2 wr sets that put him in triple teams.All in all, West is a good zone shredder type receiver, and able to beat people deep in 1 on 1 at times.

Among the freshmen, I'm Excited to see if Sexton will push the other 2 qb's, and what kind of wr Banda turns out to be.couple of young dlinemen I've been rooting for, too.

At this point, I can't even guess at the record. I don't have much hope of them winning more than 7 or 8, though.

Over, easily.

So, I am an idiot because I don’t agree with you? How pathetic is your life?
    You’re an idiot because of your outlook and evidence provided. Not for disagreeing.

Pred disagrees all the time. So does PSR, but I don’t call them idiots.

I can get behind that there is a question mark behind the QBs, but I’m willing to give them a shot just from what I saw last year.

I definitely saw our line struggle some last year, but they’re young and give them a chance.

You’re an idiot because of your outlook and evidence provided. Not for disagreeing.

I can get behind that there is a question mark behind the QBs, but I’m willing to give them a shot just from what I saw last year.

I definitely saw our line struggle some last year, but they’re young and give them a chance.
    Oh ok...you are right.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

17. Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

QB play is a HUGE ?
    OL-average at best
    RB-see OL
    WR-see OL
    TE-what is that?

DL-average
    LB-HUGE ?
    DB-yikes!
    We went 8-3 this year and all of the above was true, except I would say that the past year we knew our LBs weren't anything special. This year, there's a question mark. It's almost an improvement!

OL and blocking schemes straight suck.

RB is a huge plus, not a negative. Horack and Adkins are the most talented backs Pitt has had in a really long time. Both would get lots of carries with any team in the conference.
    While I agree that RB is a plus, not a negative, neither Horak nor Adkins are any better than Rose. I actually think Scheurich is pretty good in the right situation, too. But the blocking and offensive "philosophy" are the real problem.

Rose was really good, but both of these guys have a higher ceiling, imo.

And rb is the one area where Pitt doesn't suck at player development.

Rose was really good, but both of these guys have a higher ceiling, imo.

And rb is the one area where Pitt doesn't suck at player development.
    As I stated that wasn’t comprehended, the RB position suffers, because the Pitt OL can’t run block on short yardage situations. Needing to pick up a yard is huge OL problem.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Your infatuation with the term, idiot is hilarious.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast