Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Thread: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,948
    Blog Entries
    59
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    484778

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    It no doubt adds for some comic relief here. I should have taken 2 seconds to proofread. Alas, I have to live with the consequences of my haste on a message board where little is forgiven on these sorts of things.

    No, I don’t take off for spelling unless the error is so egregious that I cannot fathom the word the student is trying to use.

    I think we are a little to hard on our offensive line. You don’t get to be second in the league in rushing with an awful line.

    At the very worst you could call them effective. Except the center’s bad snaps. Maybe a little worse in pass blocking, as I believe we gave up the most sacks, iirc.
    2nd least actually, tied with UNK, which isn’t a surprise. The two had the least pass attempts in the league.

    Perhaps MoWest had the best OL in the league. The Griffons had the highest ypc (and third most yards) and half the sacks Pitt and UNK did...playing an extra game.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,512
    Rep Power
    117609

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Back to the topic. I'll take the over, but without some kind of jungle magic, I think 8 is the ceiling.
    Pitt sucks, sucks again, will suck more and will always suck. I hope Beck gets a lifetime contract and Pitt suck...

  3. #43

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    no. 4 would get us a new coach. Even no trigger Johnson and Scott would have no choice.
    I hope you would be right, but I'm not convinced.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,196
    Rep Power
    590081

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Pitt sucks, sucks again, will suck more and will always suck. I hope Beck gets a lifetime contract and Pitt suck...
    So your new strategy is to hope everyone gets worse since NW is trending down?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    4,766
    Rep Power
    26558

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Pitt sucks, sucks again, will suck more and will always suck. I hope Beck gets a lifetime contract and Pitt suck...
    How cute, a Bearcat that cares about Pitt State. Just an FYI, the Bearcats play in a conference that can’t get out of it’s own region.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

  6. #46

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Over the last 5 years the top 3 in win % are

    NW-89%
    FHSU- 73%
    Pitt- 68%

    Pitt is helped by the 2014 season they drop below ESU and UCM if you take that season out
    Craig Shurig is 28-29 over the last 5 years I think that is the worse mark for any head coach that coached all 5 seasons

  7. #47

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsix98 View Post
    Over the last 5 years the top 3 in win % are

    NW-89%
    FHSU- 73%
    Pitt- 68%

    Pitt is helped by the 2014 season they drop below ESU and UCM if you take that season out
    Craig Shurig is 28-29 over the last 5 years I think that is the worse mark for any head coach that coached all 5 seasons
    Wow.....talk about ineptitude!! Or should I say....in"Beck"itude!!!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    955
    Rep Power
    98075

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsix98 View Post
    Over the last 5 years the top 3 in win % are

    NW-89%
    FHSU- 73%
    Pitt- 68%

    Pitt is helped by the 2014 season they drop below ESU and UCM if you take that season out
    Craig Shurig is 28-29 over the last 5 years I think that is the worse mark for any head coach that coached all 5 seasons
    Schurig Is proof you are only as good as your staff. He lost Brown, Harris, Robinson. Great coaches, but also excellent recruiters. He hasn’t been able to replace any. (Watkins I’m sure is a good coach, can’t speak on his recruiting). Drastic change in type of kids from ‘12 to today’s Washburn teams.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,196
    Rep Power
    590081

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Schurig Is proof you are only as good as your staff. He lost Brown, Harris, Robinson. Great coaches, but also excellent recruiters. He hasn’t been able to replace any. (Watkins I’m sure is a good coach, can’t speak on his recruiting). Drastic change in type of kids from ‘12 to today’s Washburn teams.
    I agree with that.

  10. #50

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Schurig Is proof you are only as good as your staff. He lost Brown, Harris, Robinson. Great coaches, but also excellent recruiters. He hasn’t been able to replace any. (Watkins I’m sure is a good coach, can’t speak on his recruiting). Drastic change in type of kids from ‘12 to today’s Washburn teams.
    Rather your answer lies in the most important position on the field.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    Rather your answer lies in the most important position on the field.
    Niebling?

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    405
    Posts
    650
    Rep Power
    41223

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    4 wins would be taking the program back to the 70s.
    so where does 4 football players on the miaa academic honor roll take you back to?

    if you guys are as bad at football as youre saying, youd think you would have more on the honor rolls?

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,196
    Rep Power
    590081

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo slice View Post
    so where does 4 football players on the miaa academic honor roll take you back to?

    if you guys are as bad at football as youre saying, youd think you would have more on the honor rolls?
    In the glory days, Pitt had lots of honor roll guys and lots of wins.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,196
    Rep Power
    590081

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4


  15. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,196
    Rep Power
    590081

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    To Jimbo's credit, he was only off by about 38.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    I'm impressed by Northwest's 4 football athletes majoring in Chemistry on the honor roll.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,196
    Rep Power
    590081

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    I'm impressed by Northwest's 4 football athletes majoring in Chemistry on the honor roll.
    There is a pre law and a pre eng major in there, too.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,196
    Rep Power
    590081

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Noticed Pitt has an MBA student on the XC team, too.

  19. Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    To Jimbo's credit, he was only off by about 38.
    The list would make it appear that Jimbo's son got all the smarts. Congrats on that.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,948
    Blog Entries
    59
    Rep Power
    484778

    Default Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    I'm impressed by Northwest's 4 football athletes majoring in Chemistry on the honor roll.
    It’s a tough degree, no doubt. Too bad I’m not using it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •