Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Moves

Default Re: Coaching Moves

Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    Liberty: Sources tell FootballScoop Hugh Freeze has his offensive staff coming together. Sources tell us West Georgia offensive coordinator / offensive line coach Sam Gregg will join the staff coaching offensive line.
    Yep, Gregg is gone. Josh must have put in a really good word for him.

Hugh is friends with Will, if I'm not mistaken. Lots of pull coming from there.

Happy for these coaches that got us going.

3. Default Re: Coaching Moves

Interesting. They certainly seem to have boatloads of cash to pay some top-notch coaches there as they head into their second season of FBS.

UNA and Liberty are the new ASUN members this year. It's odd having a conference foe in a different football classification. I imagine my Lions will land on their schedule sooner than later.
    Freeze might have been able to come back as an assistant somewhere, but Liberty was probably his only HC opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBreed View Post
    Hugh is friends with Will, if I'm not mistaken. Lots of pull coming from there.

Happy for these coaches that got us going.
    Kinda funny to think Will "pulled" Freeze toward this hire. Look at his body of work. That's what got him hired. Freeze had people lined up around the block,
    and he had literally 100's to choose from. Freeze may not know his way around a cell phone, but when it comes to coaching, he has few rivals.
    He won at Lambuth, a D-3 school of a few hundred students, and kicked GSC butt several times. He will win BIG at Liberty, and Will ain't got nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    Kinda funny to think Will "pulled" Freeze toward this hire. Look at his body of work. That's what got him hired. Freeze had people lined up around the block,
    and he had literally 100's to choose from. Freeze may not know his way around a cell phone, but when it comes to coaching, he has few rivals.
    He won at Lambuth, a D-3 school of a few hundred students, and kicked GSC butt several times. He will win BIG at Liberty, and Will ain't got nothing to do with it.
    Hope you feel better getting that out, Larold.

Hope you feel better getting that out, Larold.
    MUCH better, Thanks.

I don't have first hand knowledge but I can believe Will had something to do with it.

Scott Symons on the move again?

Josh Aldridge - Defensive Assistant
    Sam Gregg - OL Coach
    Scott Symons - DC

Still think Will doesn't have a hand in this, at all?

10. Default Re: Coaching Moves

Sam Gregg has had a relationship with Hugh Freeze for many years dating back to him recruiting Freeze's high school players. No doubt that Coach Freeze's relationship with Coach Hall and Coach Freeze's watchful eye of Hall's 3 years at UWG made him make his 1st 3 phone calls to these guys. He knew Josh Aldridge needed to be his first hire to lock up Georgia recruits and evaluate talent. He knows you can fill a championship football team with only players from Georgia and Mississippi JUCO's.

Buckle up. We aren't done with coach moves yet.

Liberty: Source tells FootballScoop Hugh Freeze is adding Rickey Hunley to the staff as an on field defensive assistant coach (position TBD to our knowledge). Hunley (along with Liberty defensive line coach Josh Aldridge) was on defensive coordinator Scott Symons’ defensive staff at West Georgia when they were one of the best defenses in the Gulf South several years in a row. Prior to joining the staff at West Georgia, Hunley had coached at Southwest Baptist, Lindenwood, Iowa State and Drake (his alma mater).

Josh Aldridge - Defensive Assistant
    Sam Gregg - OL Coach
    Scott Symons - DC

Still think Will doesn't have a hand in this, at all?
    If he was, you'd think he'd be joining the staff himself.

If he was, you'd think he'd be joining the staff himself.
    Does Hugh have an OC yet?

I tend to believe that he would have gone, if he hadn't taken the Tulane job prior to this.

Does Hugh have an OC yet?

I tend to believe that he would have gone, if he hadn't taken the Tulane job prior to this.
    That's why it doesn't add to me that Hall had some type of looming influence over it. If he did, he'd be the OC there, no matter what the timing.

Manny Diaz was hired by Temple last month and didn't even hardly go up there before he quit to take the Miami job.

That's why it doesn't add to me that Hall had some type of looming influence over it. If he did, he'd be the OC there, no matter what the timing.

Manny Diaz was hired by Temple last month and didn't even hardly go up there before he quit to take the Miami job.
    Fair enough. I just find it hard to believe that a large portion of his UWG staff has ended up back together and that he would have zero input on it.

Good point. Hall's name has been mentioned for HC Troy. Better believe he'd drop Tulane like a used ...ah.., Gatorade bottle if that call came in.

Good point. Hall's name has been mentioned for HC Troy. Better believe he'd drop Tulane like a used ...ah.., Gatorade bottle if that call came in.
    I'd imagine the Troy job is Kenny Edenfield's for the taking. He was Hall's OC when Will was QB at UNA. Maybe he'd bring Will in as OC for him.

Edenfield left TU after a long tenure as their OC for USA this past season when his former Troy teammate (and DSU natty HC) Steve Campbell was hired at South AL.

"He's been kind of my right-hand guy for the last three years and a big reason why we were able to turn this program around," Brown said.

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/..._on_oc_le.html

Interestingly, I'm not seeing Hall's named mentioned on the Troy message board but someone did mention Coach Bell.

Interestingly, I'm not seeing Hall's named mentioned on the Troy message board but someone did mention Coach Bell.
    I googled Troy HC search. Hall is mentioned after the internal prospects of "10 Coaches"

I googled Troy HC search. Hall is mentioned after the internal prospects of "10 Coaches"
    I heard Coach Bell and Coach Gilliland might both be in the mix at Troy. Not sure how real that is

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast