Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: DSU

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,369
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    177110

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    Now tell us how you really feel about Western State football.
    It sucks.

  2. #42

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    It sucks.
    Back in the NAIA days, Western was a beast. The Mountaineers won several RMAC titles in a row ... 7, 8 or 9 ... something like that; it was crazy. The Mountaineers were the team to beat back then. Today ... well ... no longer a beast, but at least they have a good decent HC who gets the most out of the recourses he has to work with. I'll take the "fifth commandment" on the football facilities.

  3. #43

    Default Re: DSU

    mountaineermagic; The chance for bigger and better things like the Big Sky in the future. It's simply a foot in the door. The games with Weber and SUU in the next five years will be a big indicator of how seriously Dixie is taken.QUOTE]
    I don't recall any team in the GNAC taking Dixie seriously when they had a home there. In fact, Dixie was the Rodney Dangerfield in that conference. They weren't even a full fledged member. As for the RMAC, teams could not care less either way; too much potent weed to be smoked in places like Durango, Gunnison and Pueblo. Dixie is basically irrelevant. Now then, there is no compelling reason why members of the Big Sky Conference give a fig about Dixie. And the fact that Dixie is moving to the WAC won't make Dixie more appealing. The WAC is desperately looking for anybody willing to join it; the level of suckage is immaterial. Speaking about the WAC, the only team that currently plays football is New Mexico State. None of the teams that play New Mexico State care where the Aggies are from. All they care is that New Mexico State is an easy win, and wins will help get your team a bowl game. The last time I checked, no conference is clamoring to give New Mexico State a home. So why should the Big Sky Conference give a hoot about Dixie? They prolly don't. My guess if the Big Sky were going to add a new member, they would prefer a school that brings more than a modicum of cred to the table; like, for example, Colorado Mesa. The Cows have good student enrollment, excellent facilities, a perennial winner on the football field, and very good in other sports like baseball. Dixie has noting to offer the Big Sky, but an easy win. Besides, the Big Sky already has a doormat, Northern Colorado. The conference doesn't need another weak sister.

    UNALions -- respond only if you can put together a lucid logical rebuttal to the points I made. If you want to engage in mindless drivel, write a PM to Eeyore. I'm sure the two of you can amuse one another for hours, days, weeks. Plus, he's more your speed anyway.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    8,417
    Rep Power
    669449

    Default Re: DSU

    Someone can't move on.

  5. #45

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    Someone can't move on.

    Someone can't form a logical, cogent response. Feel free to seek counsel with Eeyore ... maybe the two of you can come up with an idea, or something. Well ... maybe not!

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,156
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I don't recall any team in the GNAC taking Dixie seriously when they had a home there. In fact, Dixie was the Rodney Dangerfield in that conference. They weren't even a full fledged member. As for the RMAC, teams could not care less either way; too much potent weed to be smoked in places like Durango, Gunnison and Pueblo. Dixie is basically irrelevant. Now then, there is no compelling reason why members of the Big Sky Conference give a fig about Dixie. And the fact that Dixie is moving to the WAC won't make Dixie more appealing. The WAC is desperately looking for anybody willing to join it; the level of suckage is immaterial. Speaking about the WAC, the only team that currently plays football is New Mexico State. None of the teams that play New Mexico State care where the Aggies are from. All they care is that New Mexico State is an easy win, and wins will help get your team a bowl game. The last time I checked, no conference is clamoring to give New Mexico State a home. So why should the Big Sky Conference give a hoot about Dixie? They prolly don't. My guess if the Big Sky were going to add a new member, they would prefer a school that brings more than a modicum of cred to the table; like, for example, Colorado Mesa. The Cows have good student enrollment, excellent facilities, a perennial winner on the football field, and very good in other sports like baseball. Dixie has noting to offer the Big Sky, but an easy win. Besides, the Big Sky already has a doormat, Northern Colorado. The conference doesn't need another weak sister.

    UNALions -- respond only if you can put together a lucid logical rebuttal to the points I made. If you want to engage in mindless drivel, write a PM to Eeyore. I'm sure the two of you can amuse one another for hours, days, weeks. Plus, he's more your speed anyway.
    The Big Sky would not care if a school has a good baseball team. The Big Sky does not have baseball.

  7. #47

    Default Re: DSU

    Sure wish Lobo and UNALions would quit their f***in' cat fight.

    Dixie improved every year they were in the RMAC. They decided to leave for, what they believe, will be greener pastures. Do I believe it was a smart decision? No, it was stupid. A D-I FCS football independent in a difficult location to visit? Oh puh....leeeze!

    I live in StG. GREAT place to RETIRE! Few locals, imo, support DSU football, and locals are important to their success. jmo.

  8. #48

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    The Big Sky would not care if a school has a good baseball team. The Big Sky does not have baseball.
    True that the Big Sky does not play baseball as a conference. I didn't say it does. But as usual, you missed the point, which was not subtle. Colorado Mesa as a potential Big Sky conference member is a lot more attractive than Dixie, with or without baseball. Now if you think the Big Sky would chose Dixie over other potential candidates, including Mesa, and have evidence to the back that assertion, bring your proof. Otherwise, go back to making excuses for bad refs ...

  9. #49

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    Sure wish Lobo and UNALions would quit their f***in' cat fight.

    Dixie improved every year they were in the RMAC. They decided to leave for, what they believe, will be greener pastures. Do I believe it was a smart decision? No, it was stupid. A D-I FCS football independent in a difficult location to visit? Oh puh....leeeze!

    I live in StG. GREAT place to RETIRE! Few locals, imo, support DSU football, and locals are important to their success. jmo.

    Dude! Wish granted. I'll let UNALions argue with Eeyore since they seem to have about the same knowledge of football.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    2999

    Default Re: DSU

    Well, for some teams, you wont have to make the long road trip to Dixie State! But for those that do, It may be the last time! Unless your looking for $$$$ from Dixie!

  11. #51

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Back in the NAIA days, Western was a beast. The Mountaineers won several RMAC titles in a row ... 7, 8 or 9 ... something like that; it was crazy. The Mountaineers were the team to beat back then. Today ... well ... no longer a beast, but at least they have a good decent HC who gets the most out of the recourses he has to work with. I'll take the "fifth commandment" on the football facilities.
    The 70's and 90's have been the peaks. Still lead the conference with titles but it could be a while for another. Not sure Chadron State south is working after 8 years,

  12. #52

    Default Re: DSU

    [QUOTE=Turbonium;2347295]It sucks. [/Q

    At least they've kept the program running through lean years
    Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-04-2019 at 03:13 AM.

  13. #53

    Default Re: DSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I don't recall any team in the GNAC taking Dixie seriously when they had a home there. In fact, Dixie was the Rodney Dangerfield in that conference. They weren't even a full fledged member. As for the RMAC, teams could not care less either way; too much potent weed to be smoked in places like Durango, Gunnison and Pueblo. Dixie is basically irrelevant. Now then, there is no compelling reason why members of the Big Sky Conference give a fig about Dixie. And the fact that Dixie is moving to the WAC won't make Dixie more appealing. The WAC is desperately looking for anybody willing to join it; the level of suckage is immaterial. Speaking about the WAC, the only team that currently plays football is New Mexico State. None of the teams that play New Mexico State care where the Aggies are from. All they care is that New Mexico State is an easy win, and wins will help get your team a bowl game. The last time I checked, no conference is clamoring to give New Mexico State a home. So why should the Big Sky Conference give a hoot about Dixie? They prolly don't. My guess if the Big Sky were going to add a new member, they would prefer a school that brings more than a modicum of cred to the table; like, for example, Colorado Mesa. The Cows have good student enrollment, excellent facilities, a perennial winner on the football field, and very good in other sports like baseball. Dixie has noting to offer the Big Sky, but an easy win. Besides, the Big Sky already has a doormat, Northern Colorado. The conference doesn't need another weak sister.

    UNALions -- respond only if you can put together a lucid logical rebuttal to the points I made. If you want to engage in mindless drivel, write a PM to Eeyore. I'm sure the two of you can amuse one another for hours, days, weeks. Plus, he's more your speed anyway.
    The biggest thing working against Mesa is that the school just leases out Stocker and Suplizio from the city. Facility wise they're poorer than most of the RMAC. Academically Mesa is light-years beyond Dixie as is about every RMAC school, but the upside is higher with Dixie because of the recruiting territory. The recruiting area would be the biggest get for the Big Sky.
    Logistically New Mexico State should have tried to get into the Mountain West. I don't know their story why they got left in the WAC for everything. They were a bowl team last year so they're capable of being ok. I would assume that they recruit Texas hard for their roster.
    Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-04-2019 at 03:34 AM.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,369
    Rep Power
    177110

    Default Re: DSU

    [QUOTE=mountaineermagic;2348246]
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    It sucks. [/Q

    At least they've kept the program running through lean years
    Give that edit another try.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    45,330
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: DSU


  16. #56

    Default Re: DSU

    [QUOTE=Turbonium;2348273][QUOTE=mountaineermagic;2348246]

    I just meant it's good that Western has kept the program. Having no USC football was probably a big factor for Western in the 90's and their success. Sorry for the reedits. I'll give you back points. excited for signing day.
    Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-04-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •