Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DSU

Contribute to D2

Default Re: DSU

Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    I guess they enjoyed being in the cellar of any league they were in. Showing improvement in the RMAC was just the reason for the DSU administration for the move up. To be in cellar again must the highlight of a season at DSU! A positive attitude of being at the bottom of the standings is a must!
    Did they mention improvements in football as a main reason for their reclassification?

Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    Did they mention improvements in football as a main reason for their reclassification?
    I think people in this football forum are just talking about football. Dixie made some pretty strange moves as far as football staff goes prior to this move so that seemed a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    I think people in this football forum are just talking about football. Dixie made some pretty strange moves as far as football staff goes prior to this move so that seemed a bit odd.
    Yeah, football isn't usually the main factor in these moves.

Yeah, football isn't usually the main factor in these moves.
    I don't think it is. This, however, is a football forum and as such I'm sure many are commenting from a football perspective. You can take them in and be D1 buddies and get your 3 seconds of fame on the losing side of lopsided scores along the ESPN ticker. Good luck to them, seems a foolish move and I'm hopeful others in the RMAC don't make the same mistake.

What did Dixie even have to gain being in the RMAC? They're not going to win any recruiting battles for Colorado kids being 10 +hours from the front range. They beat every school except for Pueblo in three years. Their town is one of the fastest growing in the US. No other rmac school has the amount of talent as close by as them. LA, SD, LV>Denver. Really it's easy to see why they believe they can make the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    What did Dixie even have to gain being in the RMAC? They're not going to win any recruiting battles for Colorado kids being 10 +hours from the front range. They beat every school except for Pueblo in three years. Their town is one of the fastest growing in the US. No other rmac school has the amount of talent as close by as them. LA, SD, LV>Denver. Really it's easy to see why they believe they can make the jump.

By playing in the RMAC, Dixie had a chance to win a conference championship, to compete in the playoffs and become a somebody on the football field -- and maybe even a chance to compete at a high level in other sports. What does Dixie have to gain by going to the WAC, a dying pseudo-DI-conference on life support that doesn't play football?

I don't think it is. This, however, is a football forum and as such I'm sure many are commenting from a football perspective. You can take them in and be D1 buddies and get your 3 seconds of fame on the losing side of lopsided scores along the ESPN ticker. Good luck to them, seems a foolish move and I'm hopeful others in the RMAC don't make the same mistake.
    Lol. Well, my alma mater may have moved to DI/FCS but I still cover the GSC on here and live in Pensacola where UWF is located. I love D2 and the GSC (which also includes my grad school alma mater - Montevallo).

I also pay pretty close attention to the RMAC since I plan to move to CO/NM/AZ in the future.

But the butthurt (jealously?) on here about Dixie State's reclassification makes me chuckle. They were terrible before, had a bit of success moving to the RMAC from the GNAC for whatever reason (lessor compeition?) and decided to do something different since they are basically in D2 no man's land. Y'all need to move on.

Lol. Well, my alma mater may have moved to DI/FCS but I still cover the GSC on here and live in Pensacola where UWF is located. I love D2 and the GSC (which also includes my grad school alma mater - Montevallo).

I also pay pretty close attention to the RMAC since I plan to move to CO/NM/AZ in the future.

But the butthurt (jealously?) on here about Dixie State's reclassification makes me chuckle. They were terrible before, had a bit of success moving to the RMAC from the GNAC for whatever reason (lessor compeition?) and decided to do something different since they are basically in D2 no man's land. Y'all need to move on.
    I really don't see any butthurt or jealousy in this thread at all, I very much hope Pueblo is smart enough to not even think about making that move. Disagreement with something does not equal jealousy, this fact seems to be lost in this thread (world).

I really don't see any butthurt or jealousy in this thread at all, I very much hope Pueblo is smart enough to not even think about making that move. Disagreement with something does not equal jealousy, this fact seems to be lost in this thread (world).
    Pueblo is one of the town's I'm considering, actually. Spent a few days there last spring.

I don't think you'll have to worry about CSUP or other RMAC schools making the move in the foreseeable future.

Do you know what a non sequitur is? Prolly not. Look it up. Your posts are replete with them.

Butthurt? Jealousy? CSUP football has seven consecutive conference titles and one natty, and more to come. What does Dixie have? Zip. See am sayin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Do you know what a non sequitur is? Prolly not. Look it up. Your posts are replete with them.

Butthurt? Jealousy? CSUP football has seven consecutive conference titles and one natty, and more to come. What does Dixie have? Zip. See am sayin' ...
    Bless your heart.

I'm sure the flags are at half-staff in St. George mourning the loss of potential RMAC titles.

By playing in the RMAC, Dixie had a chance to win a conference championship, to compete in the playoffs and become a somebody on the football field -- and maybe even a chance to compete at a high level in other sports. What does Dixie have to gain by going to the WAC, a dying pseudo-DI-conference on life support that doesn't play football?
    The chance for bigger and better things like the Big Sky in the future. It's simply a foot in the door. The games with Weber and SUU in the next five years will be a big indicator of how seriously Dixie is taken.

Bless your heart.

I'm sure the flags are at half-staff in St. George mourning the loss of potential RMAC titles.

No, bless your little bitty heart. It must be hard for you to stop from thinking stupid thoughts. But keep on trying. Practice makes perfect you know. Plus, you know what they say ... the mind is a terrible thing. And yours ... well ... your posts say it all.

Now then, you got is all wrong. Flags are not at half-mast in St. George. They're flying at half-mast all over the RMAC, from New Mexico to the Dakotas. Cuz we just don't know what we're going to do without Dixie. Maybe the RMAC will collapse. Maybe global warming with increase in intensity. Maybe UNA can join Dixie in the same irrelevant league. We're devastated. What are we going to do with out Dixie? Waaaaaaaaaaaah! ...

Irrelevant league? Like the RMAC?

Sorry to the others, but I couldn't resist.

Irrelevant league? Like the RMAC?

Sorry to the others, but I couldn't resist.

You and U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren. Two peas in a can. She identifies as a Cherokee Indian -- high cheek bones and stuff. You identify as a genius -- low IQ and dumb comments.

Sorry, I could resist, but didn't.

You and U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren. Two peas in a can. She identifies as a Cherokee Indian -- high cheek bones and stuff. You identify as a genius -- low IQ and dumb comments.

Sorry, I could resist, but didn't.
    I see now why I got so many rep points and messages regarding my interactions with you.

All this over someone thinking people are for some reason jealous of a silly move. Talk about needing to move on.

I see now why I got so many rep points and messages regarding my interactions with you.
    I think that speaks highly of people who post on this message board. It's good to be compassionate toward the disabled ... mentally or otherwise.

Oh, and I'll just be in the open about it, no need to give negative rep. Western State sucks. Their football stadium sucks. Their locker room location sucks.

Oh, and I'll just be in the open about it, no need to give negative rep. Western State sucks. Their football stadium sucks. Their locker room location sucks.
    The only good thing about Western State is the drive to and from Gunnison! Hwy 50 is beautiful! Now tell us how you really feel about Western State football.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast