Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSU

Default DSU

Dixie State (D-II – UT): Source tells FootballScoop Snow College (JC – UT) head coach Paul Peterson has been offered and is expected to accept the head coaching position at Dixie State.

Is Dixie's gonna stay D-II now or do they think a JUCO HC can take them to the promised land?

Southern Illinois (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop head coach Nick Hill is hiring Dixie State offensive coordinator Blake Rolan as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks. Prior to joining Dixie State’s staff, Rolan previously coached at Kentucky and Cincinnati.

Makes the story behind the dismissal of the former staff more interestin'.

Default Re: DSU

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    Dixie State (D-II – UT): Source tells FootballScoop Snow College (JC – UT) head coach Paul Peterson has been offered and is expected to accept the head coaching position at Dixie State.

Is Dixie's gonna stay D-II now or do they think a JUCO HC can take them to the promised land?

Southern Illinois (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop head coach Nick Hill is hiring Dixie State offensive coordinator Blake Rolan as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks. Prior to joining Dixie State’s staff, Rolan previously coached at Kentucky and Cincinnati.

Makes the story behind the dismissal of the former staff more interestin'.
    Just announced Peterson is in.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

That Arizona JC league lost five teams this year who are dropping football. That left Snow, Arizona Western and Eastern AZ as the only three schools left. This is a great opportunity for him.

Something is fishy here...

5. Default Re: DSU

Like we have been saying the last month. Very strange. Had a great coaching staff in place. Wondering how much religion plays into this decision

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    That Arizona JC league lost five teams this year who are dropping football. That left Snow, Arizona Western and Eastern AZ as the only three schools left. This is a great opportunity for him.
    Could be. He has a large family.

Clean Liver and Blazerfan1026, any further rumors or news about the D1 thing? Hiring a JC coach doesn't strike me as a thing a prospective FCS team would do.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    Clean Liver and Blazerfan1026, any further rumors or news about the D1 thing? Hiring a JC coach doesn't strike me as a thing a prospective FCS team would do.
    I agree. Makes no sense, especially when the previous staff was doin' a respectable job. Somethin's goin' on behind the scenes and, like PRIDE posted, it's "fishy."

The new coach tweeted "Big announcement soon!" Anyone in the know?

10. Default Re: DSU

No clue what that athletic department is doing. Really confused with them this past month and a half.

Southwest Minnesota State (D-II): Shay McClure has been announced as the team’s new defensive coordinator. McClure spent the past three seasons as the head coach at Dixie State (D-II – UT).

I'm guessin' the recruitin' at DSU is a real conundrum for the coaches. Opinions?

Close proximity to Vegas and Orange County wouldn't make it too stressful.

I'm guessin' the recruitin' at DSU is a real conundrum for the coaches. Opinions?
    Hey high school kids come to Dixie. Your freshman year is the only year you can compete for a championship, but our best returners left and the coaches just got fired after the best season since joining division 2 so you may be able to play early. After your freshman year you can go undefeated and not qualify for the playoffs, not that you likely will and even if you did you likely wouldn’t qualify with the schedule you’ll play as an independent.
    I’m guessing we’re going to see a lot of kids from Snow CC on the Dixie roster for a couple years. I think the pitch gets a lot easier after you start the transition period.

Dixie recruiters are trying to sell prospects the move up to DI as reason to become a Blazer. Problem is, where's the DI scholarship money? Trying to fake the DI moniker with DII swag ain't easy. Kinda like a $10 hoe trying to sell herself to a Joe for $100 and getting no takers. And another thing. Dixie ain't never been very good at football ... never sniffed a conference title or stuff. ["stuff" is ... well ... look in the trophy case ... don't have one ... see am sayin'? ] Bottom line, Dixie is a program that sucks and will be suckier at the other level. But ... but ... Dixie is located near Vegas. So what! Conundrum indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    Close proximity to Vegas and Orange County wouldn't make it too stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    Hey high school kids come to Dixie. Your freshman year is the only year you can compete for a championship, but our best returners left and the coaches just got fired after the best season since joining division 2 so you may be able to play early. After your freshman year you can go undefeated and not qualify for the playoffs, not that you likely will and even if you did you likely wouldn’t qualify with the schedule you’ll play as an independent.
    I’m guessing we’re going to see a lot of kids from Snow CC on the Dixie roster for a couple years. I think the pitch gets a lot easier after you start the transition period.
    McClure (former Dixie HC) announced as new DC at SMSU in the NSIC.

I guess they enjoyed being in the cellar of any league they were in. Showing improvement in the RMAC was just the reason for the DSU administration for the move up. To be in cellar again must the highlight of a season at DSU! A positive attitude of being at the bottom of the standings is a must!

Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    I guess they enjoyed being in the cellar of any league they were in. Showing improvement in the RMAC was just the reason for the DSU administration for the move up. To be in cellar again must the highlight of a season at DSU! A positive attitude of being at the bottom of the standings is a must!
    They are looking at the move from more than a football standpoint.

Schools that move to Division I routinely see increases in scholarships, enrollment and degree completion percentage in their first few years with the distinction.

I am not sure whether it is the right move for them, but they have some reasons that might make it work for them. I am guessing football was down the list.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast