Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Heckuva semifinal matchup.

Default Re: It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Heckuva semifinal matchup.
    Just curious as to what you thought it would be Witt? Something just ain't sitting right to me

Looks like Ferris is another strong running team. Put up over 350 today, average 277 a game.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Just curious as to what you thought it would be Witt? Something just ain't sitting right to me
    I don't get it either. How is ND not a 3 seed? Maybe the comm. just used the smell test and thought they were the weakest of the four teams? I would think with the penalty, Ferris would be #4. NDC must have a super weak SOS???

Blog Entries

They seeded the teams....1-VSU, 2- MSU, 3- Ferris, 4-NDC

Whoever was getting Ferris was gonna have a much harder opponent (based upon the initial looks)….and I thought that with MSU having better playoff wins than VSU, it might tip things in their favor..as they are basically a tie in the measurable criteria. Ferris was seemingly likely to get the 4, due to their nullification (4 games with an ineligible player, so they get .23 deduction to their winning percentage). I think there was a committee decision made that ND is clearly the 4th best in the group..and that's what's happ here.

Tough tough matchup....as Ferris is just like Tarleton....coming in looking real real explosive and good on both ends. They have an Harlon Hill candidate dual threat QB. Runs a lot..dangerous. More info to come as the week continues....but tough break for Kato....but at least they have a home game.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

They seeded the teams....1-VSU, 2- MSU, 3- Ferris, 4-NDC

Whoever was getting Ferris was gonna have a much harder opponent (based upon the initial looks)….and I thought that with MSU having better playoff wins than VSU, it might tip things in their favor..as they are basically a tie in the measurable criteria. Ferris was seemingly likely to get the 4, due to their nullification (4 games with an ineligible player, so they get .23 deduction to their winning percentage). I think there was a committee decision made that ND is clearly the 4th best in the group..and that's what's happ here.

Tough tough matchup....as Ferris is just like Tarleton....coming in looking real real explosive and good on both ends. They have an Harlon Hill candidate dual threat QB. Runs a lot..dangerous. More info to come as the week continues....but tough break for Kato....but at least they have a home game.
    I get the best team approach... But then that means the comm. partially throws out the nullification penalty. I mean either use it or don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    I get the best team approach... But then that means the comm. partially throws out the nullification penalty. I mean either use it or don't.
    Completely agree.

….and I thought that with MSU having better playoff wins than VSU, it might tip things in their favor..as they are basically a tie in the measurable criteria.

Say what Matt??

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Say what Matt??
    No offense.... but other than the GSC, SR2 is a cupcake region. I’m surprised MSU isn’t 1 but not surprised Valdosta is 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    No offense.... but other than the GSC, SR2 is a cupcake region. I’m surprised MSU isn’t 1 but not surprised Valdosta is 1.
    SR2 went 0-3 in the first round FYI. Not good

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    I agree, SR2 is weak this year. However, if I'm reading this correctly ... Matts says; "MSU having better playoff wins than VSU..."
    Not entirely sure what he means. ..but if you've noticed, Blazers have taken everyone to the woodshed.

We've scored a 127 points in the last two games.. and allowed just 36.

I agree, SR2 is weak this year. However, if I'm reading this correctly ... Matts says; "MSU having better playoff wins than VSU..."
    Not entirely sure what he means. ..but if you've noticed, Blazers have taken everyone to the woodshed.

We've scored a 127 points in the last two games.. and allowed just 36.

Pueblo and Tarleton are both better than either team Valdosta have faced.

Blog Entries

Say what Matt??
    CSUP was better than Bowie....and Tarleton was better than LR. = Mankato has better playoff wins.

(the committee looks at who you beat in the playoffs when looking at seeding for the semis....the entire year to date resume)

In ‘96 the NWMSU Men’s BB team forfeited EVERY game an ineligible player participated in. How the heck did FSU get off so easy? IMHO they should’ve been 7-4 and never sniffing the playoffs. Whose place did they take in the playoffs?

CSUP was better than Bowie....and Tarleton was better than LR. = Mankato has better playoff wins.

(the committee looks at who you beat in the playoffs when looking at seeding for the semis....the entire year to date resume)

Oh..O.K. So, if Mankato is in N.C. and plays VSU, you should win right?

Oh..O.K. So, if Mankato is in N.C. and plays VSU, you should win right?
    Yea that’s exactly what he said.

Well, we shall see. Both Ferris and Mav's have great teams, no doubt.

I'm sure VSU will play one of you. Should make for a great D2 championship game. I wouldn't bet against the Blazer's however.

18. Default Re: It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Well, we shall see. Both Ferris and Mav's have great teams, no doubt.

I'm sure VSU will play one of you. Should make for a great D2 championship game. I wouldn't bet against the Blazer's however.
    VSU has the easiest opponent by far. Even if Ferris had one loss... if Alabama lost today would you rank them ahead if the REAL NOTRE DAME TEAM. Sniff test YES...

Simple sniff test what team would VSU, FSU and MSU say who they would want to play in the semi final game. Easy NDC...

So does it matter after 2 or 3 games in the playoff. Look at the ncaa d2 poll ... FSU #2 way VSU IS PLAYING THEY SHOULD BE 1...

Did you see this in the numbers or just your opinion? I'm a big fan of Tarleton but just curious of the support for this statement.

If VSU is truly the #1, which I think they are, this is the right choice. They should have the easiest route to the championship game.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast