Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Default Re: It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Should be a good game. Ferris run D is salty as heck. Mav run game is good.
    TSU statistically had a better run defense than Ferris and Mankato put up 361 on them even when they knew mankato was going to run almost every play. Not saying that’s going to happen again, but mavs rush offense is top notch. But it will all come down to if mankato can get a passing game going. They’ve struggled last couple games.

2. Default Re: It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Quote Originally Posted by msumavfan View Post
    TSU statistically had a better run defense than Ferris and Mankato put up 361 on them even when they knew mankato was going to run almost every play. Not saying that’s going to happen again, but mavs rush offense is top notch. But it will all come down to if mankato can get a passing game going. They’ve struggled last couple games.
    This is what will make or break the Mavericks in Saturday's game... I think they need to come out early and hit some short quick passes to one catch FSU off guard, as they will definitely be stacking the box, and two, get some confidence built up in their QBs so later in the game when they take that shot the Zylstra it isn't the first pass thrown..

Just my opinion

3. Default Re: It's official....Ferris State at MSU Mankato (2pm CST)

Surprised how dead the two threads are on this game..

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
    I thought about that earlier today. Especially considering it is the national semifinals. I think both sides know it should be a tough game. No use for anyone to beat chests and jump up and down throwing dung. Or get banned. But- things could change in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I thought about that earlier today. Especially considering it is the national semifinals. I think both sides know it should be a tough game. No use for anyone to beat chests and jump up and down throwing dung. Or get banned. But- things could change in a hurry.
    I could throw some dung. I've been banned twice before, ya know.

Somewhere between Buffalo Lake and Hector also known as God's country, two sets of town folk and farmers meet in a well shorn pasture for a good old fashion dung throwing contest. Contestants search for that perfect dried cow patties disc to throw in this age old competition. The winning town erupts into cheers and chest thumping raising the bronze cow patty trophy high into the air. Legendry patty slinger Laker of the farm once again come through. Chocolate milk is being guzzled in a victory tradition!

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Somewhere between Buffalo Lake and Hector also known as God's country, two sets of town folk and farmers meet in a well shorn pasture for a good old fashion dung throwing contest. Contestants search for that perfect dried cow patties disc to throw in this age old competition. The winning town erupts into cheers and chest thumping raising the bronze cow patty trophy high into the air. Legendry patty slinger Laker of the farm once again come through. Chocolate milk is being guzzled in a victory tradition!
    You know, the tradition is that you have to lick your finger to test the wind before you throw. Drives many posers away from the sport!

Chocolate milk is even guzzled if I lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    I could throw some dung. I've been banned twice before, ya know.
    I heard that you were banned in Boston, but what was the other place? Peoria?

Quote Originally Posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
    Pretty simple. The last opponent we played had a lot of $hit talkers and praised their team so much that they pretty much thought their was unstoppable. It seems to me that the LSC has more bloggers than the NSIC/ GLIAC. Also so far Ferris St. fans respect us as a program unlike the last 2 teams we’ve played.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    It’s like you said on a different thread, the NSIC for the most part has civil bloggers while it seems to me that Ferris St. bloggers keep it melo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    It’s like you said on a different thread, the NSIC for the most part has civil bloggers while it seems to me that Ferris St. bloggers keep it melo as well.
    Yea you can really see the difference when a LSC team isn’t involved.

Any injury reports floating around up there? Besides Gunn being sore, looks like you guys got out of last week relatively healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgUp View Post
    Any injury reports floating around up there? Besides Gunn being sore, looks like you guys got out of last week relatively healthy.
    I honestly haven't heard anything this week- although they are usually pretty tight lipped about that. Data privacy and all that.

Reminds me of the old pun: What's brown and sounds like a bell? DUNG!

I do commend you guys for keeping it 'clean' over here on this side of the MB.

Would not want to hit a rb running downhill. Ugh.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/56001:4:US

Blog Entries

My column along with the GLIAC Columnist's thoughts....might not be the predictions everyone would've expected..

http://www.d2messageboard.com/entry.php?b=2368
    NSIC

http://www.d2messageboard.com/entry.php?b=2366
    GLIAC

Pretty good assessment Matt. I think it comes down to execution. Both of these teams have the talent to
    move on. Penalties, and poor execution, esp. with QB and receiver corps will make the difference for Mav's.

"A challenge the Mavs have run into this postseason is being dynamic offensively. For the most part points haven’t been easy to come by and MSU has needed to grind out first downs and battle in lower scoring games. Ferris on the other hand has looked a bit more explosive offensively and has seen more chunk plays. The Mavs have seen success almost entirely with the running game, but Ferris has mixed the run with the pass and doesn’t live between the tackles in the running game like the Mavs. So, there’s a fair amount different about the two offenses even though both squad prefer the ground and pound. Ferris is a little more diverse and likes to get outside in their running game while Mankato likes to run power. "

If Mav's can establish a good passing game they win < If not, they lose.
    Last edited by Wide_Right; 12-07-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Looks like Mavs averaged over 40pts/game during regular season. Was that all run game?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgUp View Post
    Looks like Mavs averaged over 40pts/game during regular season. Was that all run game?
    During the regular season they were actually pretty close to 50-50. I think it was close to 230 ypg for each passing and rushing, give or take a couple yards. The qbs were efficient but in the postseason they have struggled.

Senior cornerback Keyshawn Davis will return after missing last week's game with an ankle injury. ... Safety Spencer Hermus, who suffered a back injury, may play after missing four games. ... Tight end Trevor Nissen and kicker Casey Bednarski are probable with injuries.

Here’s an injury update in an article from Chad Courrier

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast