Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Colby Carthel to SFA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    154
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    23646

    Default Colby Carthel to SFA


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    portales, nm
    Posts
    5,084
    Rep Power
    483535

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Sorry guys.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    23646

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Heard some defensive guys are planning to transfer now as well.

    Sheesh.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,363
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Best of luck to Coach Carthel!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Good hire by SFA. Good luck to Coach Carthel

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,076
    Blog Entries
    133
    Rep Power
    378325

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Any word if he's taking his staff or if maybe the DC or OC get the head coaching gig..etc. It's now a pretty good D2 job..close to Dallas and such.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,886
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
    Any word if he's taking his staff or if maybe the DC or OC get the head coaching gig..etc. It's now a pretty good D2 job..close to Dallas and such.
    Expecting official announcements tomorrow.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    57004

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Best of luck, Coach Carthel.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Expecting official announcements tomorrow.
    Dang, we knew it was eventually going to happen. Hope this doesn’t set the program back. Not going to be easily replaced.

    Colby definitely earned the step up. Herb Street is still in denial, believes it’s impossible to Coach other than the division you are currently in.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    12,912
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Dang, we knew it was eventually going to happen. Hope this doesn’t set the program back. Not going to be easily replaced.

    Colby definitely earned the step up. Herb Street is still in denial, believes it’s impossible to Coach other than the division you are currently in.

    AMW33 should be claiming by now that the NCAA will undergo a siege at Commerce for actions by the Carthels.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Great move. A LSC Championship coach that can recruit and win in Texas. SFA was smart and jumped on it. Coach Carthel has nothing else to prove in the LSC. Move on to a more solid conference. Good luck.

  12. Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by PIGSKINLOVER View Post
    Great move. A LSC Championship coach that can recruit and win in Texas. SFA was smart and jumped on it. Coach Carthel has nothing else to prove in the LSC. Move on to a more solid conference. Good luck.
    I would bet that Colby will have the Lumberjacks competing for a SLC title in a short time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    15,329
    Rep Power
    188670

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    I would bet that Colby will have the Lumberjacks competing for a SLC title in a short time.
    And then it will be off to FBS either as a coordinator at a big boy school or a lower level FBS Head Coach to use a career stepping stone for the next job.
    Last edited by LSC Fan; 12-03-2018 at 08:32 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    19,425
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    And then it will be off to FCS either as a coordinator at a big boy school or a lower level FCS Head Coach to use a career stepping stone for the next job.
    FBS?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    15,329
    Rep Power
    188670

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    FBS?
    Yes I meant FBS. It was much easier when D-1AA was used instead of FCS.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    19,425
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Yes I meant FBS. It was much easier when D-1AA was used instead of FCS.
    I agree. One of those dumbest changes ever made.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,778
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Yes I meant FBS. It was much easier when D-1AA was used instead of FCS.
    D1 (A)
    D1-AA
    D1-AAA (D1 non-football schools)

    Much easier to understand. But they needed to change for the sake of change

    I remember when Minnesota had Class B and C for football. But that was insulting so they had to change it. Again, much easier to understand but someone who probably never played football felt the need for "fairness".

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    That Hard Amarillo Highway
    Posts
    1,213
    Rep Power
    4970

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by HOGSVRR View Post
    AMW33 should be claiming by now that the NCAA will undergo a siege at Commerce for actions by the Carthels.
    Hopefully she has found a new hobby, other than screaming fire in a crowded D2 theater.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    15,329
    Rep Power
    188670

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post
    Hopefully she has found a new hobby, other than screaming fire in a crowded D2 theater.
    Or a Nazi lives on every corner when the only Nazi we know around here is the radio guy for Commerce.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    9,620
    Rep Power
    32321

    Default Re: Colby Carthel to SFA

    Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Or a Nazi lives on every corner when the only Nazi we know around here is the radio guy for Commerce.
    She probably posted 30,000 times on this board, but for some reason the only one anyone remembers is her calling me a Nazi. Just my luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •