Thread: Open Job Rumblings?

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Open Job Rumblings?

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Blah hire on the surface

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'll let our buddy BOAT answer that part .... lol
    Small minded...Depends on which program you are talking about and which coaching staff!! Seems like all other sports are doing pretty good lead by Men's Basketball. When you have such a dichotomy between one sport and almost all the others, you got to start looking at the top of that program. If I'm the deep pocket donor, I got to be asking what I'm paying for? If he LOVES the HC soooooo much, it would be a better a more productive use of his money to hire him onto his corporate payroll for the same salary, subtract that from what he gives to WLU every year and continue to donate the rest. School wins by being able to move on and hire a football coach more capable of winning...Donor benefits by giving his buddy a job and getting a better return on his investment...Coach wins by being able to maintain the life he has become accustomed to. Seems like a win-win-win idea to me!!

Chances of any of this happening...about as close to zero as you can get!! Similar to the chance that Kellar would have ever gone to SHU.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    True. He usually has some high profile D1 Qb transfer at least when he was at Cal. His son was Qb at LR who is sitting the Pine at Edinboro and WL well idk much about them but I’m pretty sure Zach Amedro has run out of eligibility
    Seems like the current HC has run him out of town. Think it was a pay issue. As the rumor goes, HC promised Amedro a salary increase before the season but didn't do anything to make it happen. Amedro asked several times and was finally told, sorry, no money. He quit during the season because of it and only then did the $ suddenly become available. Don't know if he has actually left but I've heard he is actively looking for a job elsewhere. I'd say the odds of him coming back are about 30%.

I think its a solid hire but agree that its a "blah" hire. He would have never won at SJC - too small, too little funds, too unstable of a school. They didn't just cut football, the whole school closed. But he knows Seton Hill and he knows the area. Its good that they landed another guy with head coaching experience. But he's not necessarily known to coaches in the area. Hopefully he knows how to divide up that Monopoly money. I wish him luck any week other than when he plays Edinboro.

Seton Hill fits the GMAC... Would put them to 10 Football schools and lower there non-conference games to 2 instead of 3...

They have no PE program

There sports management program is business based.. Heck Sports Law is taught by a practicing attorney at Seton Hill...

Most schools have communications, athletic coaching education, sports management, or regents (WV) to keep them eligible...

Quote Originally Posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post
    Seton Hill fits the GMAC... Would put them to 10 Football schools and lower there non-conference games to 2 instead of 3...

They have no PE program

There sports management program is business based.. Heck Sports Law is taught by a practicing attorney at Seton Hill...

Most schools have communications, athletic coaching education, sports management, or regents (WV) to keep them eligible...

Fitting the model and paying for all that travel ... two very different things.

Especially for a school that appears to not care about athletics.

Agreed

Plus the GMAC conference Organization for Sports could bankrupt a private school

BASEBALL
    NORTH
    Ohio Dominican
    Malone
    Hillsdale
    Findlay
    Walsh
    Lake Erie

SOUTH
    Kentucky Wesleyan
    Trevecca Nazarene
    Ohio Valley
    Alderson Broaddus
    Davis & Elkins
    Cedarville

Seems to me the WV schools would be closer to Malone, Walsh and Lake Erie...

Wonder if all there sports are sorted this way...

If you worried about balance, top team makes in each division and then the next 4...

That would make them a perfect replacement for D&E!

As random as it is in Pennsylvania, they certainly care about baseball. Check out their newly-renovated ballpark.

It's not as nice as Jack Critchfield Park, but it's got one thing we don't (and desperately need): an artificial surface. We had to play our 'home' half of a hugely important series vs. Gannon off campus at Kelly Automotive Park in Butler and the entire 4-game series against UPJ was at Point Stadium in Johnstown. In all, SRU lost 6 home games (all against division foes) last year due to poor field conditions.

Not many students attend PSAC baseball games, and even fewer attend when they're played 20 minutes away in Butler.

Seton Hill will never experience that problem.

Blah hire on the surface
    They hired a High School School Coach from a bad HS program, amazing for sure....just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    As random as it is in Pennsylvania, they certainly care about baseball. Check out their newly-renovated ballpark.

It's not as nice as Jack Critchfield Park, but it's got one thing we don't (and desperately need): an artificial surface. We had to play our 'home' half of a hugely important series vs. Gannon off campus at Kelly Automotive Park in Butler and the entire 4-game series against UPJ was at Point Stadium in Johnstown. In all, SRU lost 6 home games (all against division foes) last year due to poor field conditions.

Not many students attend PSAC baseball games, and even fewer attend when they're played 20 minutes away in Butler.

Seton Hill will never experience that problem.
    That's a nice stadium for SRU baseball. In case anyone was curious, here is a link to all Shepherd's facilities.

https://shepherdrams.com/sports/2018...acilities.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    That's a nice stadium for SRU baseball. In case anyone was curious, here is a link to all Shepherd's facilities.

Those are some nice facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post

That's a nice park. I have seen Shepherd a few times in regional play.

I've been told there are four PSAC connections in the mix for Lehigh head coach. Two former, two current.

15. Default Re: Open Job Rumblings?

Drew Folmar is certainly one, and I think they take a look at Kutztown’s head man. I think Folmar has a good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloom Burger View Post
    Drew Folmar is certainly one, and I think they take a look at Kutztown’s head man. I think Folmar has a good shot.
    Those are two of the four.

This is the tough part for players and kids being recruited. Pick the right school and not the coach ... especially at this level. They can be gone tomorrow.

This is the tough part for players and kids being recruited. Pick the right school and not the coach ... especially at this level. They can be gone tomorrow.
    Have you seen the pics of this fall's Miami visit days? They let dad suit up in the uniform and pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Have you seen the pics of this fall's Miami visit days? They let dad suit up in the uniform and pads.
    I thought that was Florida doing that.

They say be nice to the Dad ... but be really nice to the Mom. She's calling the shots. It's said nobody was better with Mom than Bowden and Paterno.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast