Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Default Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

IMO, our effort against New Haven was the most complete game we have ever had under Lutz. Impressive.

A potent offense, solid defense and a very clean game in terms of penalties. That is what's required to win in November and December. I'm glad we finally put it all together. I hope for more of the same next weekend when I am stuck at work all day Saturday haha.

So what does everyone think of this regional final? I will admit that the only thing I know about NDC is they're an undefeated conference champion that shouldn't be taken lightly. They had close calls with a pair of 6-5 teams (West Virginia State and Charleston) and only beat 4-6 Virginia-Wise by eight. But, they also beat Shepherd and Fairmont, plus they came back in the fourth quarter to beat Hillsdale. So I doubt very much that they will be a pushover.

The last time we were in a regional final (2015), an MEC team ended our season. Here's hoping for an opposite result Saturday. Go Rock!

Default Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Everyone on the PSAC forum knows that the MEC is a one team conference and since that team didn't even make the playoffs, this game shouldn't even be close.

3. Default Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

I don't really know anything about them either, so hard to get much of a read based on statistics - but Freshman RB Jaleel McLaughlin has 2074 rushing yards over 12 games... holy crap. Someone on the MEC section said the only comparable back in the Region this year was Boro's - I'm hoping it's just hyperbole and that said poster has never heard of Wes Hills though. Also I see that McLaughlin is a freshman - holy cow. The backup (?) RB Vasean Davis is also averaging 6.5 YPC.

Falcons have a 2,000 yd rusher & a 1,000 yd receiver

Hillsdale had two turnovers at NDC's goalline; before the incompletion at the end of game; so NDC could have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    IMO, our effort against New Haven was the most complete game we have ever had under Lutz. Impressive.

A potent offense, solid defense and a very clean game in terms of penalties. That is what's required to win in November and December. I'm glad we finally put it all together. I hope for more of the same next weekend when I am stuck at work all day Saturday haha.

So what does everyone think of this regional final? I will admit that the only thing I know about NDC is they're an undefeated conference champion that shouldn't be taken lightly. They had close calls with a pair of 6-5 teams (West Virginia State and Charleston) and only beat 4-6 Virginia-Wise by eight. But, they also beat Shepherd and Fairmont, plus they came back in the fourth quarter to beat Hillsdale. So I doubt very much that they will be a pushover.

The last time we were in a regional final (2015), an MEC team ended our season. Here's hoping for an opposite result Saturday. Go Rock!

Agreed. Did have more than 2 penalties but only 2 was accepted. Balance was the key 273 yds rushing 273 passing can't do any better than that. Return game was real good as well; special teams this week can make the difference.

You guys play like yesterday, it's in the final four... I will pulling for the Rock.

Notre Dame College has the #1 Red zone defense in the Nation!

8. Default Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Falcons have a 2,000 yd rusher & a 1,000 yd receiver

Hillsdale had two turnovers at NDC's goalline; before the incompletion at the end of game; so NDC could have lost.
    Could’ve...would’ve...should’ve.

9. Default Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

They are also tops in the nation in total D...scoring D... sacks...turnovers...rush D...Etc.

10. Default Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Quote Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
    You guys play like yesterday, it's in the final four... I will pulling for the Rock.
    Haha....SU RAMS pulling for their new PSAC buddies to knock of the MEC champs.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Everyone on the PSAC forum knows that the MEC is a one team conference and since that team didn't even make the playoffs, this game shouldn't even be close.
    Did you miss the part where I said NDC shouldn't be taken lightly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Did you miss the part where I said NDC shouldn't be taken lightly?
    You should take them lightly. They play in the MEC and everyone here knows the MEC is not a good football conference. I mean, SRU was the second best team in the PSAC this year so they should beat the best the MEC has to offer by at least three TD's.

ND only beat 1 team with decent record 9-2 . Every other team in 6-5 or lower. ND hasn’t seen a duo of Rivers/Hills this year.. their QB Is not runner only 161 yards on the year so if we blitz and play good man coverage like we normally do Rock D should hold up.

You should take them lightly. They play in the MEC and everyone here knows the MEC is not a good football conference. I mean, SRU was the second best team in the PSAC this year so they should beat the best the MEC has to offer by at least three TD's.
    I guess we'll find out Saturday

15. Default Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Quote Originally Posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
    ND only beat 1 team with decent record 9-2 . Every other team in 6-5 or lower. ND hasn’t seen a duo of Rivers/Hills this year.. their QB Is not runner only 161 yards on the year so if we blitz and play good man coverage like we normally do Rock D should hold up.
    Every other team was 6-5 or worse...Lol...False. Go ahead. You’re the first team that will try to “blitz everybody”. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by every1ftballfan View Post
    They are also tops in the nation in total D...scoring D... sacks...turnovers...rush D...Etc.
    Statistically.

17. Default Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Everyone? That's a blanket statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ESU Warrior View Post
    Everyone? That's a blanket statement.
    Right? I didn't say one negative thing about NDC or the MEC in my initial post (nor have I ever on this forum) and the guy acted as though I asked what the chances are that we will host a national semifinal game since we have a glorified bye this weekend. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by every1ftballfan View Post
    Every other team was 6-5 or worse...Lol...False. Go ahead. You’re the first team that will try to “blitz everybody”. Good luck.

First off I didn’t say “blitz everybody” I only said blitz. Ok so there were a few other teams with “winning” records. They have a #1 D because they’re going against sorry teams who have a combined record of 59-73. So like I said Notre Dame hasn’t seen this type of ROCK TEAM AND D

Shepherd 7-3
    Glenville 5-6
    West Virginia state 6-5
    Concord univ 2-9
    West Liberty 3-8
    Fairmont 9-2
    Urbana Blue 5-6
    West Virginia Wesleyan 1-10
    Univ of Charleston 6-5
    Univ of Virginia’s college at wise 4-6
    Seton Hill 1-10
    Hillsdale 10-3

Quote Originally Posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
    First off I didn’t say “blitz everybody” I only said blitz. Ok so there were a few other teams with “winning” records. They have a #1 D because they’re going against sorry teams who have a combined record of 59-73. So like I said Notre Dame hasn’t seen this type of ROCK TEAM AND D

Shepherd 7-3
    Glenville 5-6
    West Virginia state 6-5
    Concord univ 2-9
    West Liberty 3-8
    Fairmont 9-2
    Urbana Blue 5-6
    West Virginia Wesleyan 1-10
    Univ of Charleston 6-5
    Univ of Virginia’s college at wise 4-6
    Seton Hill 1-10
    Hillsdale 10-3
    I said the same thing about West Chester leading up the PSAC title game. While I tend to agree with you, I'm staying quiet on that front this week. I can still taste the crow I had to eat a couple weeks ago haha

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast