Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

Contribute to D2

Default Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

After looking at several of Ferris's games heres "MY" assessment of Ferris and the next game. And yes I'm biased.

1. This year's Ferris team is down from last year. While Ouachita is up defensively and the offense is peaking at the right time.
    2. Ferris's big tackle #52 looks slow to me. He better be prepaired against our smaller but very fast defensive ends.
    3. Jayru Campbell better play or Ferris has no chance.
    4. Ferris will be playing at our cow pasture.

My score prediction is Ouachita 21- Ferris 10

Default Re: Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

Based on what I have seen in person you might want Jayru over the backup. I thought that the backup Russell played VERY well and I think he is actually a better passer. Both healthy yea Campbell might be a better runner but over all I think I would take Russell.

I was more impressed with Russell last year than their regular starter as well. Kid can play. Have not seen enough of a Campbell yet to know much about this year.

I do know the Ouachita defense is for real this year. They have allowed one TD or fewer to 9 of the 12 opponents this year. Three of those were ranked. Do I think Ferris will score a few TDs? Probably. Do I think it will be in the 30s or 40s? Nope.

OUACHITA BAPTIST DEFENSE MAKES THEM A CONTENDER
    If the cliché that defense wins championships is true, then Ouachita Baptist is in a really good position. The Tigers entered Saturday’s game against Indianapolis with the No. 1 scoring defense in DII football, allowing just 9.6 points per game and a top 20 total defense allowing less than 300 yards per game.

The Tigers allowed even less than that on Saturday. How's that for your first NCAA postseason win in program history?

The Ouachita defense held a UIndy team that hasn’t scored less than 31 points since Oct. 6 to seven points. The Greyhounds only mustered 274 total yards while running backs Al McKeller and Toriano Clinton struggled to find daylight, suffocated to a combined 3.67 yards per carry.

Offensively, when the Tigers get the lead, their power rushing game controls the clock which continued on Saturday as three different rushers eclipsed the 60-yard mark. Quarterback Brayden Brazeal picked a nice time for his best game of the season, completing 73.7 percent of his passes and throwing two touchdowns, his first multiple-touchdown game of the season. If Jayru Campbell returns for Ferris State, the Tigers defense will see its biggest challenge yet.

NCAA.com

5. Default Re: Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    OUACHITA BAPTIST DEFENSE MAKES THEM A CONTENDER
    If the cliché that defense wins championships is true, then Ouachita Baptist is in a really good position. The Tigers entered Saturday’s game against Indianapolis with the No. 1 scoring defense in DII football, allowing just 9.6 points per game and a top 20 total defense allowing less than 300 yards per game.

The Tigers allowed even less than that on Saturday. How's that for your first NCAA postseason win in program history?

The Ouachita defense held a UIndy team that hasn’t scored less than 31 points since Oct. 6 to seven points. The Greyhounds only mustered 274 total yards while running backs Al McKeller and Toriano Clinton struggled to find daylight, suffocated to a combined 3.67 yards per carry.

Offensively, when the Tigers get the lead, their power rushing game controls the clock which continued on Saturday as three different rushers eclipsed the 60-yard mark. Quarterback Brayden Brazeal picked a nice time for his best game of the season, completing 73.7 percent of his passes and throwing two touchdowns, his first multiple-touchdown game of the season. If Jayru Campbell returns for Ferris State, the Tigers defense will see its biggest challenge yet.

NCAA.com
    Well GVSU held Indy to 7 points also and we all know how much that team stinks...so you better have more than that...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Well GVSU held Indy to 7 points also and we all know how much that team stinks...so you better have more than that...
    Well OBU has done that to basically everyone.

7. Default Re: Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

After looking at several of Ferris's games heres "MY" assessment of Ferris and the next game. And yes I'm biased.

1. This year's Ferris team is down from last year. While Ouachita is up defensively and the offense is peaking at the right time.
    2. Ferris's big tackle #52 looks slow to me. He better be prepaired against our smaller but very fast defensive ends.

Cow pasture? Is your natural turf in poor condition?

Quote Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
    Cow pasture? Is your natural turf in poor condition?
    Won’t quit raining, so yes

Blog Entries

Ferris doesn't care about speed. NW has very good team speed, especially on the DL. FSU just ran them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    Ferris doesn't care about speed. NW has very good team speed, especially on the DL. FSU just ran them over.
    Now they’ll claim they can handle that too. They’re both fast and undersized and also big and can’t be run over. Team has no flaws!!

But that said, I don’t think Ferris is even kinda unstoppable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Now they’ll claim they can handle that too. They’re both fast and undersized and also big and can’t be run over. Team has no flaws!!

But that said, I don’t think Ferris is even kinda unstoppable.
    Ferris has a history of underperforming. It's what they do. 600 yds of offense and should yield a lot more than 27 points. They almost played around and had a win stolen from them yesterday.

Will they choke again? We will find out. I also think their mens BB championship last year could help in the mental aspect.

Ferris has a history of underperforming. It's what they do. 600 yds of offense and should yield a lot more than 27 points. They almost played around and had a win stolen from them yesterday.

Will they choke again? We will find out. I also think their mens BB championship last year could help in the mental aspect.
    Lol, Ian. What?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Lol, Ian. What?
    There are numerous examples of teams winning championships after their school (or city) won in a different sport. Those new champions credited the first champions in providing extra motivation because they had a "front row seat" to all the hoopla that comes from winning a title. NW mens BB, Florida mens BB, UConn mens BB (after the women), and the Eagles winning last year's Superbowl are some examples. Obviously, it's not a guarantee, but I think it can help. Especially for a team known for "choking."

Yeah I think that’s a reach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    Yeah I think that’s a reach.
    It's not a reach. Players from those teams gave the credit. Will it be the main reason if they win it all? Of course not. But it can help.

It's not a reach. Players from those teams gave the credit. Will it be the main reason if they win it all? Of course not. But it can help.
    Umm yeah. It’s a reach.

Blog Entries

Umm yeah. It’s a reach.
    Believe what you want. I'll believe the people that actually won the championships.

Umm yeah. It’s a reach.
    Damn it. We better tell Coach Shock that he needs to start recruiting basketball players to help our football team win a national championship.

Damn it. We better tell Coach Shock that he needs to start recruiting basketball players to help our football team win a national championship.
    Can't hurt. Nothing else you've ever done has worked.

Umm yeah. It’s a reach.
    no, it becomes a part of the culture. thats why schools with winning cultures, preach culture... it is a factor, it is not the factor. that is how i interpret what Ian wrote.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast