Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GV Outlook 2019

Default GV Outlook 2019

So in the last episode of the GV Sports Report, MM talked almost exclusively about fitting the offense with the pieces we'll have next season. I'm wondering with Cole if the "fades for days" offense will finally be shelved and we'll have more of a RPO type attack. That's what I'm hoping for. Excited to have Moss and Provencher back but Dodson left big shoes to fill. Also, anyone know if Bryce Young-Walls will be back next season? It'd be great to pair him with Moss and use Provencher mainly in that slot WR role.

Defensively was pretty blunt about the fact that the secondary needs major work if we're going to be able to get back into the playoffs or have any chance at a decent run. Hopefully we have some growth over the offseason there and guys step up.

Default Re: GV Outlook 2019

Who care's?

Go back to your hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Football for life View Post
    Who care's?

Go back to your hole.
    There's no reason to be a douche unless as a person it's unavoidable for you.

Next time you string together a two word sentence like that, the apostrophe isn't necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
    So in the last episode of the GV Sports Report, MM talked almost exclusively about fitting the offense with the pieces we'll have next season. I'm wondering with Cole if the "fades for days" offense will finally be shelved and we'll have more of a RPO type attack. That's what I'm hoping for. Excited to have Moss and Provencher back but Dodson left big shoes to fill. Also, anyone know if Bryce Young-Walls will be back next season? It'd be great to pair him with Moss and use Provencher mainly in that slot WR role.

Defensively was pretty blunt about the fact that the secondary needs major work if we're going to be able to get back into the playoffs or have any chance at a decent run. Hopefully we have some growth over the offseason there and guys step up.
    we can only hope it adjusts to the talent and opens up a bit - the QB HAS to be able to run or forget it

5. Default Re: GV Outlook 2019

Who care's?

Go back to your hole.
    Hahahaha

https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/apostro.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Cat N Mav View Post
    There's no reason to be a douche unless as a person it's unavoidable for you.

Next time you string together a two word sentence like that, the apostrophe isn't necessary.
    The only douche here is GV fans who post on this site over senseless crap day in and day out, get out of your grandparents basement and get a life.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

The only douche here is GV fans who post on this site over senseless crap day in and day out, get out of your grandparents basement and get a life.
    So, are you moving soon?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    we can only hope it adjusts to the talent and opens up a bit - the QB HAS to be able to run or forget it
    GV fans have had to "hope" since the initial day of MM's take over of the GV program.

9. Default Re: GV Outlook 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IH8SVSU View Post
    GV fans have had to "hope" since the initial day of MM's take over of the GV program.
    Great, another well thought-out post from you. Mitchell’s the coach for now so just deal with it. Any real thoughts on GV’s outlook for next season other than “fire Mitchell?”

Great, another well thought-out post from you. Mitchell’s the coach for now so just deal with it. Any real thoughts on GV’s outlook for next season other than “fire Mitchell?”
    Outlook for next season is easy....see results from 2018 and expect the same or worse.

I just hope a full off-season of Kotopka practicing with the ones yields some good improvement. His passing this year was not good, so hopefully he gets more familiar with his WR's abilities and routes and can improve on that.

One thing that I would like to see that I feel like GV hasn't had in a while - an ass-kicker on the d-line. The team has been getting decent pressure on QB's lately, but not nearly like they were when they were making successful post-season runs, among the national leaders in QB sacks. I want that McFadden or Richard or Skuta who is putting up 15 sacks a season again.

12. Default Re: GV Outlook 2019

Outlook for next season is easy....see results from 2018 and expect the same or worse.
    Agreed who would want a 10 win season and making the playoffs...not me...

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    I just hope a full off-season of Kotopka practicing with the ones yields some good improvement. His passing this year was not good, so hopefully he gets more familiar with his WR's abilities and routes and can improve on that.

One thing that I would like to see that I feel like GV hasn't had in a while - an ass-kicker on the d-line. The team has been getting decent pressure on QB's lately, but not nearly like they were when they were making successful post-season runs, among the national leaders in QB sacks. I want that McFadden or Richard or Skuta who is putting up 15 sacks a season again.
    I'm wondering how big a lock Cole is at QB. I'm hearing some good things about a Freshman. It's tough to push aside an upper classman, but it's not impossible. Will spring be an open competition or a chance to develop.... or both?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Agreed who would want a 10 win season and making the playoffs...not me...
    How about make it past at least the first round of the playoffs, beat your in state rival Xerris, AND maybe, just maybe be a little more creative in offensive game planning. MM needs to graduate from construction paper and Crayola's and create a real play book with more than 3-4 plays in it. Create may be a strong word. In his case he may want to borrow one from someone.

How about make it past at least the first round of the playoffs, beat your in state rival Xerris, AND maybe, just maybe be a little more creative in offensive game planning. MM needs to graduate from construction paper and Crayola's and create a real play book with more than 3-4 plays in it. Create may be a strong word. In his case he may want to borrow one from someone.
    All he needs to do is watch some film from 2001 and 2002

LMAO - here we go again - what's that called?

Grand Valley needs to look good and hard outside the GV coaching tree. I don't buy the crap that MM was the best candidate at the time of his hire. Lance Liepold (formerly of Wisconsin Whitewater) is now the head coach at Buffalo (D1 MAC), is 10-2 this season and playing for a MAC championship. GV crapped the bed when they passed on him. Perhaps take a long hard look at Vince Kehres, head coach at D3 Mount Union. The guy wins and he does it with ZERO scholarships. Imagine what he could do with D2 scholarships and top notch facilities!

Grand Valley needs to look good and hard outside the GV coaching tree. I don't buy the crap that MM was the best candidate at the time of his hire. Lance Liepold (formerly of Wisconsin Whitewater) is now the head coach at Buffalo (D1 MAC), is 10-2 this season and playing for a MAC championship. GV crapped the bed when they passed on him. Perhaps take a long hard look at Vince Kehres, head coach at D3 Mount Union. The guy wins and he does it with ZERO scholarships. Imagine what he could do with D2 scholarships and top notch facilities!
    Don't be fooled, that school has donors with deep pockets, they give athletes scollys, just not called football scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Don't be fooled, that school has donors with deep pockets, they give athletes scollys, just not called football scholarships.
    I could see that. I won't lie I don't know a lot about that school other than the fact that they win consistently.

I could see that. I won't lie I don't know a lot about that school other than the fact that they win consistently.
    There's the rub.

Look, you may have a leg to stand on with Leipold. It has taken him several years, but he appears to finally have it figured out at Buffalo.

As for Vince, the Kehres family is so entrenched at Mount Union that I would wager large sums that he isn't going anywhere. His Dad was the HC for like a gagillion years, and he has stepped in since Pops retired. They have a knack for rule-bending that is as strong as anyone else...AND, one could argue that based on the donor pool they have (as Thepeman references) he may already be making more than MM is anyway. There are DIII schools out there paying their coaches more than you might think.

Look, I get your position...I just don't think that finding the next BK is as easy as it is being made out to be. No to mention, BK was on year 11 before we were a legit title contender...who are we going to get that can walk in here and make us elite by tomorrow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast