Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 80 of 80

Thread: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Packball View Post
    Very false. Did you watch the game? How many drops were there for first downs that killed drives and momentum? Blame the QB position if you want, but he had one of the better arms Pueblo has seen lately. It’s unfortunate they didn’t let him spread the first half like they did the second half and keep
    The defense honest.
    A lot of drops but Edwards struggled all year, some of this due to coaching, some due to receivers, some due to his own play. One of the better arms Pueblo has seen lately isn't exactly impressive when looking at QB play since Bonner. Great kids, work hard, but not the talent this offense needs to win games like today.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,911
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Now that's something Pueblo can do at least.
    So this reads as you agree with outside's take on the CSUP offense. Of are you using a logical fallacy argument?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    So this reads as you agree with outside's take on the CSUP offense. Of are you using a logical fallacy argument?
    I do, RMAC fans can talk all the trash they want about Pueblo's offense. Some fan of a terrible GNAC team, well former team, must be given some trolling back however.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,911
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    I do, RMAC fans can talk all the trash they want about Pueblo's offense. Some fan of a terrible GNAC team, well former team, must be given some trolling back however.
    Your troll is as weak as the CSUP offense

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Your troll is as weak as the CSUP offense
    Why put effort into a fan of a team that didn't exist?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,911
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Why put effort into a fan of a team that didn't exist?
    But you just did.

  7. #67

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    But you just did.
    Why argue with someone who can’t write in the correct tense.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by outsidezone69 View Post
    Why argue with someone who can’t write in the correct tense.
    Agreed, or with someone that can't use the correct pronoun. I guess when you no longer have a football team this is what we end up with.

    It's too bad really, was hoping Pueblo could get up to Humboldt one day.

  9. Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    How much did CSU Pueblo miss the O lineman that was out on Saturday due to injury? I was most surprised the Thunderwolves couldn't move the ball, but I also felt like they had the size and speed on the edge and never tried a sweep once, but then again you're pretty limited to the running game when you're trying to run it out of the shot gun and those delayed hand-off draw plays out of the shotgun are a joke if you're QB isn't mobile.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    portales, nm
    Posts
    4,973
    Rep Power
    445853

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    How much did CSU Pueblo miss the O lineman that was out on Saturday due to injury? I was most surprised the Thunderwolves couldn't move the ball, but I also felt like they had the size and speed on the edge and never tried a sweep once, but then again you're pretty limited to the running game when you're trying to run it out of the shot gun and those delayed hand-off draw plays out of the shotgun are a joke if you're QB isn't mobile.
    Do you mean a zone read?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Do you mean a zone read?
    RPOs really, they simply didn't have the best QB to run that system. Well, they have him, but he's RS this year and is the likely starter the next 3 years. I believe he would be the first 3 year starter at QB for Pueblo as every other kid has been a transfer, not a recruit. Now if they can just get an OC to stick around rather than cycling through them every 1-2 years the offense might be productive.

    https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2158

  12. #72

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    I believe he would be the first 3 year starter at QB for Pueblo as every other kid has been a transfer, not a recruit. Now if they can just get an OC to stick around rather than cycling through them every 1-2 years the offense might be productive.
    Ross Dausin was 3 year starter and a transfer.
    https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1222

    I’m just glad the OL coach is back.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    Ross Dausin was 3 year starter and a transfer.
    https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1222

    I’m just glad the OL coach is back.
    Ah yes, forgot he was there 3 years.

  14. Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Ah yes, forgot he was there 3 years.
    If Jace Christian attends a good skills camp in the off season he could give Gunnar some competition in the spring. He is my favorite for QB. Nonetheless, he played well under against Adams State and is developing into a solid pro set style QB.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    If Jace Christian attends a good skills camp in the off season he could give Gunnar some competition in the spring. He is my favorite for QB. Nonetheless, he played well under against Adams State and is developing into a solid pro set style QB.
    That would require Pueblo changing their offense again. If they want to run what they showed this year they need a mobile QB that teams must account for in the run game. It will be shocking if Lamphere isn't the starter.

  16. Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    That would require Pueblo changing their offense again. If they want to run what they showed this year they need a mobile QB that teams must account for in the run game. It will be shocking if Lamphere isn't the starter.
    I am a pro set offense kind of guy. I like the QB under center and have hated the offense these past few years. What a waste of some great running backs this year. As someone else stated, with the group of backs CSU Pueblo had you'd think they would be smart enough to put two of them in the backfield together to make their offense more diverse and a greater threat.

    Is Wristen really not that intelligent???

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,421
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by WalterCampFan View Post
    I am a pro set offense kind of guy. I like the QB under center and have hated the offense these past few years. What a waste of some great running backs this year. As someone else stated, with the group of backs CSU Pueblo had you'd think they would be smart enough to put two of them in the backfield together to make their offense more diverse and a greater threat.

    Is Wristen really not that intelligent???
    Unless the OC changes the offense isn't drastically changing. I also don't think the OC needs to change, just remain consistent and have the correct QB for the offense in place.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 11-27-2018 at 07:03 PM.

  18. #78

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Related to nothing at all...

    Let me just say how annoying it is when schools like Mankato try to change their name so that it confuses them with other schools. "Minnesota State". I mean how am I supposed to remember what school we are talking about if you don't use the city, when there's also MSU Duluth, MSU Moorhead, and MSU Crookston??? Alaska Fairbanks pulled that crap too, to try and one-up Alaska Anchorage. Get out of here.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,564
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Related to nothing at all...

    Let me just say how annoying it is when schools like Mankato try to change their name so that it confuses them with other schools. "Minnesota State". I mean how am I supposed to remember what school we are talking about if you don't use the city, when there's also MSU Duluth, MSU Moorhead, and MSU Crookston??? Alaska Fairbanks pulled that crap too, to try and one-up Alaska Anchorage. Get out of here.
    No, you are incorrect. There are two schools that have the Minnesota State handle- Mankato and Moorhead. In the conference standings they are referred to as MSU (which is Mankato) and MSU-M (which is Moorhead). So if you just say, "Minnesota State" it is considered to be Mankato.

    Now the University of MInnesota is different. There is Minnesota-Minneapolis, Minnesota-St Paul (which is the ag campus). Those two are collectively called UMTC or Minnesota-Twin Cities. Then there is Minnesota-Crookston, Minnesota-Duluth, and Minnesota-Morris. Completely different system, just like the Colorado and Colorado State systems or the Texas and Texas A&M systems.

    Now you can consider yourself to be informed.

  20. Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    A lot of drops but Edwards struggled all year, some of this due to coaching, some due to receivers, some due to his own play. One of the better arms Pueblo has seen lately isn't exactly impressive when looking at QB play since Bonner. Great kids, work hard, but not the talent this offense needs to win games like today.
    Sorry the Pack let this game slip away. Was looking forward to a Tarleton State - CSU-P matchup this Sat. However, the T-Wolves will be back next year in top form competing in the Div II playoffs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •