Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

Contribute to D2

Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I think you meant "coaches."
    Well that too, but that's been going on for years. Fans tried to ignore it this year but same result when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Welp, on to recruiting wars. Not a stellar effort by CSUP, pretty much wore out the defense in the first half. I kinda think the running back-by-committee hurt them some this year. Tough when you are rich at the RB position, but it just seems like it hurt more than helped.
    Seems they never stuck with a hot hand, I'm all for depth but when one back is clearly having a great day then why not feed him?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Seems they never stuck with a hot hand, I'm all for depth but when one back is clearly having a great day then why not feed him?
    Agree, plus they could have utilized all 3 at the same time in a better scheme. They all had some really good distinct traits.

Agree, plus they could have utilized all 3 at the same time in a better scheme. They all had some really good distinct traits.
    Bernard lined up in the slot for example, never happened, why not a jet sweep with him or try to get him lined up against a LB? I know he was never fully healthy this year but if you're going to play him then get the ball to him in creative ways. If he's too hurt to do that then don't put him out there.

They have their QB for the next 3 years at least, but going to be hard to replace Payer, Sizer, Wristen, Williams, and Shongolo on the defensive side of the ball. A couple transfers that had to sit this year (since they aren't at Ferris State) will help but don't be surprised if the defense takes a small step back in 2019.

Offense is an abomination

Quote Originally Posted by outsidezone69 View Post
    Offense is an abomination
    I'm willing to bet it's better than Humboldt's next year though. Too soon?

Wristen's theory, "manage the ball," ain't going to get CSUP points on the board. The defense game the offense ample opportunities in the second half; but the offense was largely inept. A one dimensional QB like Brandon and mediocre offensive scheme will continue to plague CSUP in the postseason. Makato's versatile QB was the difference when it came to scoring points. You would think Wristen would have it figured out by now ...

Wristen's theory, "manage the ball," ain't going to get CSUP points on the board. The defense game the offense ample opportunities in the second half; but the offense was largely inept. A one dimensional QB like Brandon and mediocre offensive scheme will continue to plague CSUP in the postseason. Makato's versatile QB was the difference when it came to scoring points. You would think Wristen would have it figured out by now ...
    What do you think if Wristen moves on to be the Colorado new Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    Highly doubt the money at CU is going to be okay with them hiring a D2 coach.

Big talent drain after this season. Who starts next year, Micci? Will be interesting to see how 2019 plays out - a lot of good guys leaving CSUP, Mines, and Mesa.

Big talent drain after this season. Who starts next year, Micci? Will be interesting to see how 2019 plays out - a lot of good guys leaving CSUP, Mines, and Mesa.
    RB is set going forward, that's not an issue.

Highly doubt the money at CU is going to be okay with them hiring a D2 coach.
    Correct, no way ever this happens. Heck, after today, CU might be able to get Harbaugh, lol. It's my alma mater, so they better do something big this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post

That will never happen. Ever. What an odd thought ....

One thing is almost certain. CSUP will be better on offense; can't be as mediocre as this year. But that remains to be seen. The O-line did a decent job protecting the QB today; all the linemen will return next year. Three good redshirt freshmen on the O-line. Lindsey and Micci, and maybe a redshirt freshman, will fight for the starting job. The TWolves will have a more mobile QB with good arm. The receiving corpse will be decent. But ... expect the coaches to mess that all up.

The Defense is going to be pretty solid. A transfer or two, and young kids waiting in the wings, will enable the TWolves to have the best defense in the RMAC again. TWolves have to get bigger on the D-line however. Mankato style. Several DBs will return, all pretty solid. CSUP will be the favorite to win the RMAC again. Unless, of course, the coaches mess that up too.
    Last edited by Lobo; 11-24-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I'm willing to bet it's better than Humboldt's next year though. Too soon?
    IDK man. No offense at all is a close second

IDK man. No offense at all is a close second
    No team at all is a distant second I suppose.

Pueblo 42nd in total offense, Humboldt 133rd. Yikes. Pueblo is pretty bad on that side of the ball at times, I can't imagine trying to watch what you have to. I guess you no longer have to at least!
    Last edited by Turbonium; 11-24-2018 at 05:37 PM.

I don’t think me or anyone was saying Humboldt was good. What I was saying is the CSUP O was an abomination. I don’t feel like that’s a really controversial take. No need to be so defensive. Enjoy your weekend

I don’t think me or anyone was saying Humboldt was good. What I was saying is the CSUP O was an abomination. I don’t feel like that’s a really controversial take. No need to be so defensive. Enjoy your weekend
    Now that's something Pueblo can do at least.

Crazy thing is total yards wound up as Mankato 329 Pueblo 291. Edwards finishes 18 of 45, Mankato QBs combine to go 12 of 32. Just made plays when they had to while Pueblo couldn't catch a cold most of the second half.

20. Default Re: CSU-Pueblo vs Mankato

Very false. Did you watch the game? How many drops were there for first downs that killed drives and momentum? Blame the QB position if you want, but he had one of the better arms Pueblo has seen lately. It’s unfortunate they didn’t let him spread the first half like they did the second half and keep
    The defense honest.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast