Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Default Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Just saw on football scoop that Ryan Ivey SFA AD (former Commerce AD) announced he had officially started a search for the next head coach. Any chance of a reunion with Carthel?

Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
    Just saw on football scoop that Ryan Ivey SFA AD (former Commerce AD) announced he had officially started a search for the next head coach. Any chance of a reunion with Carthel?
    And here we go with the Carthel speculation... lol. Time to thaw the turkey, and time to dust these old posts off.

3. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

His show-cause is done. This would seem like the job he would ultimately hold off for if he ever did want to move up. He’s obviously going to be a candidate.

Say what you want Jake, and you’ve been right these past few years, but the SFA job is a whole different beast. If he’s who they want, he’ll go.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFamAlum View Post
    His show-cause is done. This would seem like the job he would ultimately hold off for if he ever did want to move up. He’s obviously going to be a candidate.

Say what you want Jake, and you’ve been right these past few years, but the SFA job is a whole different beast. If he’s who they want, he’ll go.
    I wont be shocked if he goes. and we are in a pretty good place if he does, but I was more chuckling at the relentless speculation on this year after year. I think he stays, but if the money is right then who knows? Our new President is very much an athletics guy, but Im not privy to what he has in mind either. If I had to guess, Id say its still very unlikely that he goes, but maybe slightly more likely than it has been in years past when this speculation started flying this time of year.

5. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    And here we go with the Carthel speculation... lol. Time to thaw the turkey, and time to dust these old posts off.
    It’s just hard to believe he would not jump at the chance if given the opportunity. I mean Ivey did bring him to Commerce.

Plus in the past he couldn’t if he had wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFamAlum View Post

ABSOLUTELY!!!

SFA would be a great gig for Carthel. He would flip that program in no time and be a hero in that town. Then in a few seasons, he will be moving up to an FBS position.

This is the PERFECT path for Carthel.

As you said, if they want him.....he would be a fool not to pursue this position.

Coach Whitten is an SFA grad, just saying.

8. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    Did not know that. Could be a fit as well. I wonder if he would go that route again though?

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    And he's had no success outside of Tarleton

10. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    This is true, kind of why I do not see Whitten leaving but, he’s done it before.

Spot on. And, at his age it would take TNT to blow me out of Stephenville or double my salary.

No matter what offers he may get Sam Houston State is a reminder of how much things can go wrong and how hard it is to work your way back to a HC job. But, you never know.

At this stage in his career and all his logged travel miles, I doubt it.

Carthel, on the other hand, is prime for the picking. He has earned a shot at FCS so it would not be a surprise.

One thing is for certain when you change HC jobs, you better have some coaches on staff that are ready to make the jump with you. You are only as good a HC as the Assistants you hire.

12. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    There are a plethora of former Div I coaches that would jump at the chance to go to Nacogdoches, TX & mentor the SFA Lumberjacks.

But I ain't never been to Nacogdoches.....

14. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Which Carthel is the better Candidate..

Don or Colby......

Plot Twist ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AmaKnight View Post
    Which Carthel is the better Candidate..

Don or Colby......

Plot Twist ... LOL
    Sarah.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    But I ain't never been to Nacogdoches.....

Maybe should go there. Supposedly the oldest town in Texas and named after an American Indian. Name rhymes with Sack o Roaches with the g being silent. He had a brother who also has a town named after him in Louisiana called Natchitoches. Pronounced Nack o tish. Northwestern State in the Southland is in Natchitoches. There is your history lesson for the day.

17. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    Sarah.
    Best recruiter in Texas !

18. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    Sarah.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaKnight View Post
    Best recruiter in Texas !
    Colby says this at almost every public event. This is the least controversial Carthel comment ever posted.

Correct. He was 25-28 at Sam....hence why he was booted. I doubt SFA has ANY interest in him.

Funny. I saw an article from The Athletic on another message board which tossed Colby’s name in for the Texas State vacancy. I don’t know if taking over that program would be anymore of challenge than SFA. Both have massively underachieved that last few years.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast